[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Partridge Family Nominated for 2 TV Land Awards
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sandra
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did my duty!
Thanks for letting us know all about it, Scott.
gee; I have to admit that I had to think twice when voting for the "siblings" award...I didn't know that Donny & Marie were up against the Partridges...but, yes; I voted for my favorite family...The Partridge Family!
yahoo!
Sheriffswell

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did my voting and I think TVLAND has done a good job with their awards this year. They seem less silly to me - maybe I'm just getting use to them! Most important there is good representation from the last 50 years of television - lets hope that some of the older shows get their due.

I hope that The PF and Brian win their catagories, but the competition is pretty tough with Donny & Marie Osmond - especially since they actually are siblings; and Dick Seargant for Bewitched. But we can hope!

"The Dream Sequence" catagory is a good one. Of course I would have used "Mom always says don't play ball in the house" or either Bobby's "jesse James or "Joe Namath" dream sequences rather than "Marcia and the dentist". As for me I would go with the Dick Van Dyke "Walnut" sequence.

Megan Mullaly (Karen W&G?) is hosting? Okay I hope she can take her voice down an octave sheesh! I was hoping they would bring back Brad Garrett!

Ed
PJ
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Donny & Marie are announced in advance as attending the show, then you'll know who "won" the Best Siblings category. If Donny and Marie aren't there but lots of "Partridges" attend, then ... Wink
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, well let's put it this way -- as far as I know, nobody has contacted Brian about his availability to attend the awards show for Best Replacement. Rolling Eyes

Call me cynical, but somehow I think the winners are chosen not by the audience's vorting, but by who is still alive to collect their award on TV.

Plus, I saw an interview with Marie Osmond on Tv last night and I guess whatever "feud" was going on between her and Donny has been resolved for them to start promoting the DVD set that must be coming out soon. Gee -- how coincidental that it all happens around the same time. Rolling Eyes Laughing Next thing you know they'll be getting a star on the Holywood Walk of Fame! Laughing
Sheriffswell

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott,
What Donny & Marie feud? Do tell!

Ed
PJ
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Call me cynical, but somehow I think the winners are chosen not by the audience's vorting, but by who is still alive to collect their award on TV.

Count me as a cynic who thinks the award categories are created based on who agreed in advance to show up. In other words, "Donny and Marie will come? What award should we give them...How about Best Singing Siblings?" "David Cassidy is attending? Let's give him....let's see... Fashion Plate!" The other nominees in any given category are just filler, IMO. Wink

That doesn't mean that the show isn't fun to watch. It's just not a genuine awards show. Smile
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, absolutely! It's fun to see classic TV stars get together.

I'm not sure what kind of disagreement Donny and Marie had. It didn't go into detail. It did say what a horrific few years Marie has had, with her Mom passing away, her post-partum depression (did you hear that Tom-freakin-Cruise?? It DOES exist), her husband having numerous surgeries for a brain tumor, and her 8 year old burning the house down after playing with matches. OY! Give her an award already! Somebody do something to bring her spirits up! She needs it!
PJ
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She really did have a rotten spell! Poor thing. And yeah...Shaddup Tom Cruise. Evil or Very Mad
Marjorie63
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheriffswell wrote:
Megan Mullaly (Karen W&G?) is hosting? Okay I hope she can take her voice down an octave sheesh! I was hoping they would bring back Brad Garrett!

Don't worry Ed, the voice she uses as Karen is not her "real" voice. Smile
stevechapman
Laurie's Classmate
Laurie's Classmate

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Cruise Is an IDIOT!! uh gee am I allowed to say that sine he was mentioned earlier? Oops too Late.
Partridgefan1970
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being a Huge PF fan and a Big Osmond fan, I'm sure Donny & Marie will win the award, but it'll be fun seeing the PF in the clips as they announce the nominees. I know The Osmonds already have a star on the Walk Of Fame but they don't single out Donny and Marie.

I'm sure they will win, if for no other reason than to promote the DVD set and the fact that they are real siblings....While we are all waiting for the release of Bulletin Board, I wish "All" the old Osmond stuff would be re-released.

It would be a pleasant surprise if The Partridge Family did win.
CassidyDiva
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partridgefan1970 wrote:
Being a Huge PF fan and a Big Osmond fan, I'm sure Donny & Marie will win the award, but it'll be fun seeing the PF in the clips as they announce the nominees. I know The Osmonds already have a star on the Walk Of Fame but they don't single out Donny and Marie.

I'm sure they will win, if for no other reason than to promote the DVD set and the fact that they are real siblings....While we are all waiting for the release of Bulletin Board, I wish "All" the old Osmond stuff would be re-released.

It would be a pleasant surprise if The Partridge Family did win.

The show tapes this weekend! Lets hope ther are somr Partridge Spotting
http://facffanclub.netfreehost.com/index.php?mforum=facffanclub
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PJ
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If Donny & Marie are announced in advance as attending the show, then you'll know who "won" the Best Siblings category.

ET just did a little thing about the TVLand Awards and showed some Red Carpet interviews. Donny and Marie were there, so I guess we know who will be named "Best Siblings."
Lu groovychick1970
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:11 am    Post subject: TVLAND Reply with quote

Are they gonna run this on Nick at Nite? It's not fair if everyone doesn't get TV Land!

Sad
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are we -- a TV Guide? Laughing Laughing Laughing Go check your paper. Laughing Laughing

They usually run it on both channels the first night, don't they? Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: