[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

For everyone who wasnt alive when the PartridgeFamily was TV
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xpffanx
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:20 am    Post subject: For everyone who wasnt alive when the PartridgeFamily was TV Reply with quote

For everybody who wasnt alvie when the Partridge Family was on TV, I was wondering how you discovered the Partridge Family.
This is my story:

Well last January i was flipping through TV. and the cmon get happy the partridge family story was on ABC Family, and before i was obsessed with the Partridge family i was obessed with the music man with shirley jones. So i was a fan of Shirley Jones and i heard that she was in the Partridge Family so i watched it. And after it was over i just kept thinking "wow what a great show.

The next day i was watching on demand,from comcast, and while i looked for something to watch i heard they say that the partridge family was on on demand! so i watched the first episode, i watched onley 1, and i was hooked on it Laughing and every since ive been obsessed!

I would like to her your story. I think ots interesting to see how everybody else found out about the partridge family.
Lil' Lizzie Partridge05
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

Location: Either in SanPueblo,CA or getting on the bus being driven by the lovely Shirley to the next gig

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well.....mine's a little weird.

I have always loved Shirley Jones and I always will. I was on her website one day and there was a link that said the Partridge Family. I looked around on it and realized that it was a cool new thing that i could add to my list of things i like. The list was Shirley Jones, Oklahoma!, Carousel, the Music Man, Wicked and now the Partridge Family. So now I am hooked into this cool little show but i have never seen it. Well, my Mom came to the rescue and told me all about it and when the first season came out she would buy it for me. So, now i am in love w/ the PF. I don't understand who wouldn't be! Very Happy
Jesse
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well...it all started in 1999 when danny's movie aired....i thot omg.. this is one awesome show.. and i started watching it on Nick at Nite..when the david cassidy version came out i was a little confused cuz it was a bit different from dannys version....i got some mor info and soon i was hooked i was only 7 so...i had no clue wat it was i just thot it was some cool sho w/ good music... but now i think of it as a memory...a show that almost every family sat around too watch every week spending quality time then afterwards they would put on a PF record....and eat dinner...it just seems like a mor happier time..sumtimes i think i was born in the wrong generation...
xpffanx
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i no, everybody says i was born in the wrong generation Confused
imaginedani
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mum was obsessed with David Cassidy and i use to tease her, mainly about his hair. Laughing But one day i was bored sick on the couch and flipped to TV1, the classics station and there was this brightly coloured bus with a lil red haired kid (all i can remember) but i thought it was really funny. So for the rest of the week i watched it, fell in love with David Cassidy and dug up all my mums old records. (almost all of his and pf, think im missing 2) and Now she teases me. lol

C'mon GET HAPPY! Smile
IloveKeith
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I first found out about the Partridge Family when I was 8 and that's when "Come Get Happy, The Partridge Family story" was on TV. I don't think I watched the whole thing but i remember some parts from it and I knew who Danny Bonaduce was because I saw him in the movie "Dicky Roberts, Former Child Star."

Then last year they were mentioning that VH1 was having this new compititionn show thing called "In Search of the Partridge Family" and my mom said "hey maybe you can do that since you kind of look like Susan Dey." and I was like "yeah mom I don't even look like her" but she thinks I do so who knows? anyways... I was watching VH1 one night and they had "When The Partridge Family Ruled The World" and I'm like wow this looks really cool. and I thought David Cassidy was a total hottie in the show. So then I started becoming obsessed with it. I started looking it up on google and finding all this information and I was at this site and a couple others every day. and I remember reading all the episodes wishing that some day I would see all of them, and getting all these pictures of the show. and I started a folder of all the PF and DC pictures and now I have some shrine of The Partridge Family and David Cassidy in my room.

also my dad sells some records on E-bay so I asked him if he might have a Partridge Family Record and he did. He had the "At home with their greatest hits" and i kept listening to it. eventually i got a few more records like: The Partridge Family Album, Up to Date, Shopping Bag, Notebook, and the Christmas Card.

Then i asked for the partridge Family tapes for Christmas and then I finally got to see the show. and i was totally in love with it.

and when i heard it was coming out on DVD i was like "YAY!!"

all my friends think I'm crazy because I'm obsessed with the Partridge Family and David Cassidy. but whatever it's their loss on a GREAT show!
PartridgeNo7
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it actually started this year for me - I was already in love with all the old TV shows and movies - like The Waltons and Little House On The Prarie (oh and I LOVE Judy Garland, Gene Kelly and Fred Astaire movies too! Oh, and Gone With the Wind is the BEST! lol see I get so carried away!) - and then my mum brought home The Partridge Family! By the first episode I was hooked. I was HEAD-OVER-HEELS in love with David Cassidy and I thought Susan Dey was just the prettiest!

Anyway, I've been obsessed ever since, and then I got all this cool merchandise for Chrissie, including.... *drumroll* THE DAVID CASSIDY CALENDAR! OHMIGOSH!

Lol anywayz I AM SO OBSESSED I watch it EVERYDAY now and am on this site daily (can you believe it?!)

Oh and I get teased too at school cause I love all the old stuff but that's THEIR loss because today's shows DO NOT compare to those back then!

And I reckon I was like born in the 70s in another life or maybe even earlier, because I love that era so much!

Anyway that's my story!

G2g ciao!

P.S. I am sooooooooooo jealous of America because YOU GUYS ARE SO LUCKY!!!!! You get all the merchandise and you already have the second season!!! I have to wait until february!

ok, signing off
"Why has the music stopped... I can feel your heartbeat, but you didnt even say a word... baby you know if i go, its gonna be a long walk home... let the good times in... COME ON GET HAPPY! 13 years old and already in love with the Partridge Family!
laurie partridge
Reuben's Client
Reuben's Client

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PartridgeNo7 wrote:

Anyway, I've been obsessed ever since, and then I got all this cool merchandise for Chrissie, including.... *drumroll* THE DAVID CASSIDY CALENDAR! OHMIGOSH!!

I got the same calendar! Arn't the pictures great in there? I can't wait to put it up on my wall!
PartridgeNo7
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the pictures are EXCELLENT I reckon. I don't really like the ones where he's getting older, but my absolute favourites would have to be:

1) The one where he's on the horse!! I LOVE the shirt!
2) Where he's taking a picture with his camera
3) And the one where he's standing on the beach with those OH-SO-COOL jeans and he's holding a guitar (or was that a banjo...?)

Anyway, those are my favourites!!!

And also, who loves the song 'Cherish'? Because it is on HIGH rotation at my house - I think it's the most romantical song IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD!!!!!! (Okay, so romantical isn't a word, but that's my way of describing it....) Yeah, I actually get chills down my back when I listen to it.
"Why has the music stopped... I can feel your heartbeat, but you didnt even say a word... baby you know if i go, its gonna be a long walk home... let the good times in... COME ON GET HAPPY! 13 years old and already in love with the Partridge Family!
jmj369
Keith's Date
Keith's Date

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any pic of DC is great!
MobyDick15
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I love the partridge family but i just started last year. It was on my birthday and i had just come home from summer p.e.(no i didnt fail i just wanted to get it out of the way)and i was opening my presents and then i come to this wierd shaped box and i didnt know what to expect and it was the partridge family 1st season. I didnt think much of it because i had only seen one episode on TV and i just remembered a really strange colored old bus and nothing else so i thought oh well ill just put it on my dresser. About a week later( i was home for the summer) i was really bored and so i started watching it and from the first episode i was hooked i mean i just didnt realize what an awsome show it was. Then i got on this website and loved it too. My mom has gotten a lot of the partridge family books off ebay for me and i have gotten a lot of other vintage things. I don't see how anyone cannot love the partridge family. its just too funny.
partridgegal117
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I think it all started when Partridge Family aired on Fox Family (Now it's ABC Family) I think I was about 8 or 9 years old (I'm 14 now) Anyway, my mom used to watch the show and it was her favorite show that she would always watch. So somehow we ended up watching it! And I loved it! I think it was always on at 6PM & 6:30. At that time I was always in front of the TV. Then, Christmas that year, I got the PF Greatest Hits CD, which I constantly listened to. Eventually, I just started getting all the CDs. I even started making a scrapbook thing with pictures I printed off from the internet (Still have it, I spelled Partridge Wrong on the cover-Partrige) Then Fox Family didn't show it anymore which made me sad and angry!!! I remember going to Partridge Sites a few times, but then I wasn't really obsessed with the computer. But now I am obsessed with the computer, come to this site often, and I own the 2 seasons of the Partridge Family. And I still Love it!!!
Matthew C. Clark
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: 9 years old Reply with quote

I was only 9 years old when The Partridges left the air on ABC in August of 1974.
davidlover7
Bus Mechanic
Bus Mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay the first time I was obsessed with the Partridge Family was when I was watching VH1..Okay I wasn't neccesarily interested in it at all. How I got interested in it was because of David Cassidy. I watched 100 greatest teen stars and he was #2 and I was asking my mom.."Who is that?" and she said, "Oh that's David Cassidy a teen idol from the 70's." and at first I wasn't into him at all. I just thought he was some hippy. lol. I thought Shaun Cassidy was too with there long hair and tight clothes but then I saw 100 greatest teen stars like 5 times and then this one night I was watching it with my mom again and I said OMG he is so cute. Because I guess I didn't take a good look at him from the beginning. But I thought David Cassidy was gorgeous. So then of course I found out he was from the Partridge Family. I went on the internet to look up anything that had to do with David Cassidy and I would go to his sites constantly and there was this one site with tons of pictures of him davidcassidy.org. I'd go there then there was this other site with tons of pics but I forgot what it was called. I'd print his pictures out and make posters out of them and hang them up on my walls and put then on my planner and stuff like that. My friends made fun of me and called me obsessed and said that I'm weird but they were just teasing. lol. I didn't cared what they thought. So I was browsing on davidcassidy.com and I saw that there was going to be the partridge family season 1 coming out, and this was just last year. I was hysterical. I was like, "Mom, I have to get this!" I wanted to get it of course because I wanted to here his voice and how he sang and how he looked and stuff. lol. My mom ordered it off of ebay and I got it about a week later. I was so excited the day I got it and I watched every episode the first day...I loved the show and I loved him!! I was totally obsessed with the show and I watched the performances and an episode everyday! lol. But I got a little mad whenever Keith went on a date or had a girlfriend..But I mean who wouldn't?! lol. But that's how I got interested in the Partridge Family. The funny thing is my sister watched some episodes with me. She didn't like it to much though.
-Jacky Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Wingspan91089
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
everybody says i was born in the wrong generation
I get that a lot too, because of my huge obsession with the 50's, 60's, the 70's. My brother came up with this thing to describe me, "you know you were born in the wrong generation when you can name all the actors, singers, teen idols, and movies from the past, and say 'who in the world is eminem?'" Laughing

Well, my mom is a huge PF fan, so when the first season came out, she got it, and made us all sit down and watch it with her. Quite honestly, i hated it at first. It seemed really cheesy. (which is kind of ironic, since my fave tv show is the brady bunch Laughing ) I watched a couple of episodes, and it didn't seem to get any better, so i never watched it. Then, "Here Come the Brides" came out, and i really liked Bobby Sherman. I was looking up some movies and stuff that he was in, and found that he appeared in a Partridge Family episode. Of course, i just had to see it. Laughing The episode was pretty good, so i decided to watch another one Before i knew it, i'd watched every episode in that season. Now i have the second season and a CD! And, i think David Cassidy is waay hotter than Bobby Sherman Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: