[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Does TPF CD Have Sony's XCP Copy Protection?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Ask The Webmasters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skizzy Fleameyer
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:05 am    Post subject: Does TPF CD Have Sony's XCP Copy Protection? Reply with quote

Can you guys post on your main news page, whether or not the latest CD release from The Partridge Family "Come On Get Happy: The Very Best of The Partridge Family" is included in the CD recall from Sony-BMG. Does this CD have the Sony XCP Copy Protection installed on it? The CD itself is supposed to say on it somewhere about the program it has on it. I couldn't find where it says so. Seems like the whole piracy issue is a big headache for all involved. But this has got to be the absolute worst PR nightmare. Or if the TPF CD does not have this version of copy protection, is the copy protection it does have, is it harmful to PC's?

Last edited by Skizzy Fleameyer on Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
stevechapman
Laurie's Classmate
Laurie's Classmate

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That I know of the copy protection i's not harmfu to pc's but it does prevent it from being copied by most cd burning programs. For those who absolutley feel they must make a copy there are ways around the copy protection. it takes time but it can be done.
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmmm...interesting question. I did download it to my iTunes to put the "new" tracks (Stephanie, etc.) on my iPod and so doubt that would have been possible if it had this copy protection on it -- but then, I'm just a guessin'. Confused
Skizzy Fleameyer
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:52 pm    Post subject: Downloaded Reply with quote

I also downloaded it to my i-Tunes. I also believe that this CD was released before this XCP protection, but I'm not positive. I only downloaded the CD once and put the original CD away. Haven't copied it again. I believe the XCP works to limit the times you can copy a CD. I am aware there are ways around these protection things. One that is unbelievably simple d'oh! But I just want to know beyond a shadow of a fact about this CD.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Ask The Webmasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: