[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

What ever happened to those props?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave Polo
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:51 pm    Post subject: What ever happened to those props? Reply with quote

Does anybody know what happened to all those stage props that were used in the show, i.e. the kitchen table, chairs, glassware, cookingware, utensils, stove, fridge, furniture, garage stuff, etc...? Did they auction them off after the show was cancelled or did the people working on the show, stage hands, camera people, etc.. take some stuff home? Just want to know.
stevechapman
Laurie's Classmate
Laurie's Classmate

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a guess, but some of the tables and chairs probably got recycled for use on other shows. The instruments props and pa props eventually got sold off. A few of the guitars surfaced and were purchased on ebay. Les with the forever family might have a better, more specific answer.Who knows? He may have even purchased a few of them himself.
Either that or maybe Scott has a better answer.
I know...I'm not a lot of help...but I'm good at heart. Smile
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Props, costumes, furniture, etc. would have been returned to the appropriate departments. I know the performing outfits turned up on an episode of Fantasy Island (with Scott Baoi). Unless a cast or crew member wanted a specific item, that's what usually happens when shows and/or movies wrap. Since that time, Sony may have sold off a portion of their props/costumes to various companies that deal in online auctions too.

I know the instruments ended up in various collectors' possession too.
sunshine eyes
Laurie's Classmate
Laurie's Classmate

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could have sworn I posted on this thread but anyway I mentioned something about Rueben's striped yellow shirt he's worn on the show a few times. Who would want to wear something like that?
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Les, it's doubtful there was a "label conspiracy" going on with your suit. Your Dave Madden set was probably reused at some point by Sony (or Columbia Television back then) and altered for another actor. I have Suzanne's blue velvet jumper but it's obviously been altered as it's shorter and there's silver piping around the neckline. (I've seen it in an episode of Fantasy Island.) But, her name is sewn into it so I'm sure it was her performing outfit.

Before the collectors' market exploded (thanks in part to places like eBay) studios either kept their costumes and props in large warehouses or, over time, got rid of parcels. That's how Debbie Reynolds got most of her collection from the old MGM archives. She had to purchase it, but I *believe* they were going to be discarded and she salvaged them from ruin. Since then, she has spent a fortune gathering more and was hoping to open a museum in Hollywood but has not been able to get the backing necessary. Her daughter has even appeared at Collector's autograph shows to help raise money for the cause.

There is a great company in Los Angeles called Profiles in History. They auction off all sorts of historic elements and have a specific Hollywood auction a couple of times a year. It is absolutely amazing what has lasted and been kept all these years. Even if you can't afford the items, the catalog is worth purchasing to see all the rare costumes, props, makeup appliances (Can you believe that Spock's ears and Planet of the Apes monkey appliances still exist??). They had a Sci-Fi auction in 2003 and had many set pieces, costumes, props available from Star Trek, Lost in Space, etc. It was pretty cool.

Their 2004 Hollywood auction made available Shirley's emerald green (that's what they called it, although it looks more blue in the photo) performance outfit (the one with the plunging neckline, where the ruffles went down to her waist area) as well as a guitar signed by Shirley, Brian and Suzanne.

The bus was re-used before the 1976 Helter Skelter TV movie. It was painted over for an episode of "Apple's Way" in the fall of 1974.
stevechapman
Laurie's Classmate
Laurie's Classmate

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See!! I told you Les Would Know!! Smile
partridgegal

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to own Shirley Jones's go go boots. Especially the white ones she would wear. Wonder if she ended up owning those. Applause
Jesse
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

partridgegal wrote:
I would love to own Shirley Jones's go go boots. Especially the white ones she would wear. Wonder if she ended up owning those. Applause

i agree! hope she wore 9 amd a half! thats my size, maybe they'll auction them off!if they do i will be sure to bid! Those are some very *glamorous* boots!! lol Laughing

!#~I Love David Cassidy~#!
Lil' Lizzie Partridge05
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

Location: Either in SanPueblo,CA or getting on the bus being driven by the lovely Shirley to the next gig

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO! They should be a size 5 and a half! lol I like those boots a lot! Razz
Jesse
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Lizzie Partridge05 wrote:
NO! They should be a size 5 and a half! lol I like those boots a lot! Razz

well me too! maybe she had to pairs! maybe one was 9 and a half and the other was a 5 that would be awesome! lol..

!#~I Love David Cassidy~#!
Lil' Lizzie Partridge05
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

Location: Either in SanPueblo,CA or getting on the bus being driven by the lovely Shirley to the next gig

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YA! that would be fun! like one day your foot is a saze 9 the next day it's a size 5! COOLNESS! Very Happy
Lu groovychick1970
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to have the butterfly pillow from the living room sofa, and the wooden peace sign in Laurie's room. Wonder what happened to that huge safe in Danny's room? That was pretty cool too.
CassidyDiva
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesse wrote:
Lu groovychick1970 wrote:
I would like to have the butterfly pillow from the living room sofa, and the wooden peace sign in Laurie's room. Wonder what happened to that huge safe in Danny's room? That was pretty cool too.

ya it would!!

I want Tracy's tambourine & a few of Keith's guitar pics!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
majorhealey

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject: Partridge House & Bus Questions Reply with quote

I'm new to this site so I will start off by saying hello to everyone, and what a great site this is! With that said, I was wondering if anyone could answer a couple questions for me?

Is the Partridge house still around? I've heard they blew it up for a movie or something recently. Does anyone know if there is any truth to that rumor?

I was also wondering if there was more than one bus used in the show? I read the article about the bus sitting in a parking lot with the name and nervous mother sign being painted over(I assume the rest was still muti-colored). I noticed in this post it was said it was painted over for a couple movies. It sounds like there are two different buses. Is that correct, or am I confused? Thanks! Very Happy
Lu groovychick1970
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Is the Partridge house still around? I've heard they blew it up for a movie or something recently. Does anyone know if there is any truth to that rumor?

Ah! A place to post my observation! I was flipping channels recently, and there's a show called "Close to Home" --- is that right? They use the ranch for exterior shots, and I'm 99% sure they used the PF home and also the Bewitched house in 2 episodes. There was a storyline about a child being kidnapped, and was found in the trunk of a neighbors car, which I believe is our PF facade! The exterior shots are quick, but I think I'm right on this...anyone else see this show?

Lu
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: