[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Season Two Episode Question
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KDP613
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:46 pm    Post subject: Season Two Episode Question Reply with quote

Hi: I have a question about the episode "I Can Get It For You Retail." When Keith first notices that he has hair missing, he starts yelling and says, "My hair's falling out....." Right after "My hair's falling out" I have never been able to figure out what he says. Does anybody know what his next line was??? Thanks! Surprised
Greely Winger
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the complete line is...

"My hair's falling out, I'm bald as a bumper" Laughing

Darryl
Lu groovychick1970
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:30 am    Post subject: quote Reply with quote

Ah, my FAVORITE is:

Keith: Mom. You're NOT gonna tell me I've misplaced it!

Love it.

Lu
KDP613
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Darryl!!!

I love that line too, Lu!!!
Skizzy Fleameyer
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:41 am    Post subject: Closed Captioning Reply with quote

Hey KDP613, if you turn on the Closed Caption option on your TV, you can read what is said in that and any other episode. This includes the words to the songs as well.
KDP613
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW -- Thanks, Skizzy! I would never have thought of that! Surprised
Stuckinthe'70s
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:02 am    Post subject: question Reply with quote

Just a caution: closed captioning is done by ordinary transcriptionists going by their own ears, without a script or anything, so sometimes it's wrong. I only know that because I interviewed for a job doing it.

I'm trying to save cmongethappy's bandwidth, so I'll lump these all together:
I have a dumb question. Well, maybe two. One is, how did they convert the mural on the garage to the museum scene? I'm too dumb to figure it out.

Also, those episode stills in the Gallery were cool--there's a shot of Arte Johnson in front of the garage, and you can see the whole painting, which shows that the woman is decent, after all. I love those Gallery photos! I didn't bother going to the episode stills section at first, because I thought it would just be TV screen shots, but I was wrong. There are some candid photos in there. Where did they come from?

Does anyone know what the guys at the military base are saying when Dora's singing? It sounds as though there are some definite sentences on there that are mixed in with all the wolf whistles, but I sit too far away from the TV to hear them.

It's so funny that there's a site called "Stuck in the '70s." I just chose the name because that's what a friend told me I am. I'll have to check it out.
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can answer some of the questions.

The mural was painted on a fake facade that was them put in front of the Partridge's house exterior. You can tell the door is smaller than the actual garage door, so all they had to do is put the mural (which also included the yellow clapboards of the garage itself) in front of an open garage door and it looked like it was one and the same. For the interior scenes they just moved the mural to the set created for the art opening. I can't be sure, but from the lighting it looks like they may have even created an inside set around the outside set. :D

The photos in the Episode Gallery were taken from ABC-TV press slides (color) or press photos which were sent out weekly to newspapers and magazines to promote the show in the 70s. I've been collecting them for years.

Don't worry about the bandwidth if you have questions or comments you'd like to make. It only becomes a problem when unneccesary posts are made, such as, "Me too lol" or "You're funny lol", or "lol" and such. Very Happy
panther2200
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always thought it was ironic to call the episode "My Heart Belongs to a Two Car Garage", but the fake front they built for the mural had a single door! Obviously, a double door wouldn't have worked, but funny just the same.

Jeff
KathySTL
Official Partridge-in-Training
Official Partridge-in-Training

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The door was a very wide door. Big enough for 2 cars. My parents have always had just one large garage door that rises and you see both cars at one time.
panther2200
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To clarify, the door on the fake facade was a single door, so they could cover up only the questionable parts of the mural. The door on the actual facade is 16 feet wide, standard for a two-car garage.
IloveKeith
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question:
you know the outside of the Partridge Family's house?
is it like a real house? if so where is it?
panther2200
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out the People and Places section of this site. The house is at the Warner Bros. Ranch in Burbank, is just a shell, and was heavily remodeled for "The Scarecrow and Mrs. King" back in the eighties. The only facades that are basically the same are the left side, back and garage. The front is completely different, unfortunately. The only facade on the ranch that has looked almost the same for about fifty years is the "Father Knows Best/Jeannie/Mr. Wilson house to the right of it.
Jeff
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bewitched house is pretty much unchanged as well.
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank goodness! Smile
BTW, Scott -- what's that building going up on the Hollywood Way side of the Ranch? Parking lot? Last time I went by you couldn't tell yet. Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: