[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

A Suggestion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Ask The Webmasters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amy from Boston
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:56 am    Post subject: A Suggestion Reply with quote

Hey Guys- Maybe if the birdy at the top left was more clearly labeled at the link back to the site, people would be more inclined to go there? That may solve some of the problem of people not utilizing the site as much as they could.
CassidyDiva
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: A Suggestion Reply with quote

Amy from Boston wrote:
Hey Guys- Maybe if the birdy at the top left was more clearly labeled at the link back to the site, people would be more inclined to go there? That may solve some of the problem of people not utilizing the site as much as they could.

What birdie??
http://facffanclub.netfreehost.com/index.php?mforum=facffanclub
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Michael
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing Amy is referring to an image that's specific to the Board template she's using (right Amy? Are you using the Acid template?). Plus the image links back to the board's index page, not the site's.

In any event, EVERY template has a string of links at the top of the board's main page which takes folks back to all areas of the main site. I would think that having those links would be self-explanatory.
Amy from Boston
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right-on my template. Maybe to many it is self explanatory. Maybe not to some.
Michael
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In referring to where they go, I don't see how much more evident the words HOME, NEWS, etc. can be made.
Amy from Boston
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was trying to be helpful. There are varying degrees of "computer savvy." That's all.

Last edited by Amy from Boston on Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Michael
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, there is, but we're not talking about computer-savvy here, we're talking about common sense and, I suspect to a lesser degree, just plain laziness.

There are clearly-labled links at the top of the board that say SEARCH and FAQ that give people every thing they need to know about the board.

There are clearly-labled links that say HOME, NEWS, FAQ, etc. that will point people to every section of this website.

No one can convince me in this day and age that if someone was able to find this site and this board (including registering for it) in the first place, they do NOT know what these links mean in a general sense. Virtually every single website out there uses these in some fashion.

Just my 2 cents and not directed to (or about) anyone in particular... just stating my view.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Ask The Webmasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: