[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Did anyone else here "record" the show??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sandra
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:56 pm    Post subject: Did anyone else here "record" the show?? Reply with quote

wow; have we come a long way! I remember that my sister would get her tape recorder ready and tell us to be quiet so that she could "tape" the voices of the program.
Anyone else do any of this????She used to play them over and over!

I wish we had those tapes now!
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm. I seem to remember this topic already posted/discussed here. Can anyone find it? I remember Lisa talking about some purple recorder she had. Confused
CassidyDiva
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott wrote:
Hmmm. I seem to remember this topic already posted/discussed here. Can anyone find it? I remember Lisa talking about some purple recorder she had. Confused

I did, then I took the "Best Lines" (i.e. ironic, funniest, etc) to a separate tape & the songs to a third. At the end of the season, I"d edit the songs tape, taking out the ones that were included on the LPs, so I had my own "Rarities" tape at the end of the run. I just got a CD burner, & burned them to CD.
http://facffanclub.netfreehost.com/index.php?mforum=facffanclub
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shamrock
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:14 pm    Post subject: Recording the show Reply with quote

You guys aren;t alone I can remember doing the same thing all the time. my family thought I was weird too. In would play and listen to the shows over and over keep playing my favorite parts.
I thought i was the only one who did it.
Of course back then except for my family I would never tell anyone i did it.
AAH those were the good old days. Being 12 and not having to worry about much at all.
I do not have mine any more because when i got married my father threw out my box of DC stuff by mistake, so he says. I really never knew.
Thanks for bringing this up I have not thought about it in a long time and it brought back fond memories. Smile Smile
Skizzy
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I thought I was the only one that did this. I had just about every episode too. I asked for a cassette recorder and a bunch of tapes for Christmas instead I got it for my birthday... which is in November. The first episode I recordered was "But the Memory Lingers On" it first aired the day after my birthday. I still have a few, but got rid of most of them when I got a vcr. Then I recorded the episodes on vhs. Still have those but now that the episodes are coming out on DVD, the vhs tapes won't be around much longer. We've come along way. Very Happy
partrified
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:42 pm    Post subject: Recording the show and long bike rides Reply with quote

I'm so glad there are so many kindred spirits here! I had, first, a portable reel-to-reel tape recorder and did the same thing in 1971-72. Then, in 1975, I found out my mom's boyfriend (soon to become stepdad) had cable TV (that was a big thing in 1975!) at his apartment 3 miles/5 km away from our house - and the CBC in Vancouver Canada announced they would start showing reruns of the PF! I couldn't believe it - I was in 7th heaven. We only had 4 local TV channels at the time in Seattle; none would show PF reruns until years later.... afer school I would ride, in the Seattle rain, on my bike with my (now) portable cassette player in my backpack - and I was in shock - SHOCK! when I heard "When We're Singin' - I had completely forgotten that 1st season theme song! What memories.... I only remember that "I'll Leave Myself a Little Time" was my fav song for a LONG time..... and I treasure all the memories - and my "cassette recordings" (which pre-dated VHS for all the younger folks here) - sigh. Thank you, folks - you bring out my best memories of childhood - and the PF was probably the ONE Television show that I treasured the most from that time in my life..... and that "Find Peace in Your Soul" is my most treasured "Lost Song".....oh, to hope it can be released some day.....sigh.
Punky
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:08 pm    Post subject: RECORDING THE PARTRIDGES Reply with quote

AH yes, I recorded every episode, never missed, well oK, RARELY missed. I remember using my AIWA reel to reel for the first few months. Unfortunately those weren't so good for recording music.
Christmas 1970 Santa brought me this great Panasonic cassette model, though still those early recordings weren't perfect, as my 5 siblings just REFUSED to let me record in silence, making their presence ever known by yelling and messing around.
But by the second season I figured out how to patch in directly to the audio line of the TV, and got some nice clean recordings. When watching those first and second season DVDs I find I STILL know them by heart.

Last edited by Punky on Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Sheriffswell

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use to record as well but mostly for the music. I'd get out my cassette recorder and set it up in front of the tv. My brothers would drive me crazy because just as the the Partridges would sing they would start acting up as if on cue! So I had tapes of me going "Shhhh shhhh" or "will you guys stop that!" or "Moooooooooooomm!!!!!!!!!"

Ed
LisaF63
Reuben's Client
Reuben's Client

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edit

Last edited by LisaF63 on Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
PJ
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. And I just saved said blue denim TV set from the dumpster this weekend. We were cleaning the basement. Razz I convinced hubby that this piece of stone age electronics is actually rare and valuable, despite the fact that it doesn't work and has a broken antenna. I also saved my Magnus Chord Organ, with which I tortured my family on many a Christmas. There's nothing quite like Hark the Herald played on a children's chord organ. Rolling Eyes
stevechapman
Laurie's Classmate
Laurie's Classmate

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember sitting in front of the tv recording some of the episodes, but mainly for the music. I found one of those cassettes a couple of years back. strangely enough it still played, Not great quality, but what does a 10 year old expect anyway! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: