[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

8-tracks
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Garage: Merchandise & Other Fun Stuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matthew C. Clark
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:23 pm    Post subject: 8-tracks Reply with quote

Here is my listings on my 8-track tapes that I had back then. "Up To Date" (AMPEX) Program 1: I'll Meet You Halfway, Lay It On The Line, I'll Leave Myself A Little Time Program 2: You Are Always On My Mind, Doesn't Somebody Want To Be Wanted, I'm Here You're Here Program 3: Umbrella Man, Morning Rider On The Road, That'll Be The Day Program 4: There's No Doubt On My Mind (instead of "In My Mind"), She'd Rather Have The Rain, I'll Leave Myself A Little Time (repeated) (By the way, the right speaker had bad noise on Program 4). David Cassidy "Cherish" (MEDIA 2 NOT AMPEX) Program 1: Cherish, Could It Be Forever, We Could Never Be Friends ('Cause We've Been Lovers Too Long) Program 2: Being Together, I Just Wanna Make You Happy, Ricky's Tune (By the way, the left speaker had bad noise on Program 2) Program 3: Blind Hope, I Lost My Chance, Where Is The Morning Program 4: My First Night Alone Without You, I Am A Clown "Sound Magazine" (AMPEX) Program 1: One Night Stand, Echo Valley (forgot the number 2-6809), You Don't Have To Tell Me Program 2: Brown Eyes, I'm On My Way Back Home, I Would Have Loved You Anyway Program 3: Echo Valley (repeated, forgot the number 2-6809), Rainmaker, Twenty-Four Hours A Day Program 4: Summer Days, I Woke Up In Love This Morning, Love Is All That I Ever Needed "Shopping Bag" (AMPEX, with the farting noise) Program 1: It's All In Your Mind, If You Ever Go, It's One Of Those Nights (forgot to put down Yes Love) Program 2: Every Bit Of You (forgot the word "Little" & O' instead of Of), Something New Got Old, Every Song Is You Program 3: Girl, You Made My Day, Am I Losing You, Hello, Hello Program 4: Last Night, There'll Come A Time, It's One Of Those Nights (repeated, forgot to put down Yes Love) David Cassidy "Rock Me Baby" (AMPEX, with the farting noise) Program 1: (Total Time: 10:05) Rock Me Baby, Lonely Too Long, Two Time Loser Program 2: (Total Time: 10:05) (Oh No) No Way, Song For A Rainy Day, Soft As A Summer Shower Program 3: (Total Time: 10:05) Rock Me Baby (repeated), Warm My Soul, Song Of Love Program 4: (Total Time: 10:04) Some Kind Of A Summer, Go Now, How Can I Be Sure "Notebook" (AMPEX) Program 1: (Total Time: 8:24) Friend And A Lover, Take Good Care Of Her, Maybe Someday Program 2: (Total Time: 8:24) Together We're Better, We Gotta Get Out Of This Place, Storybook Love Program 3: (Total Time: 8:11) Walking In The Rain, Looking Through The Eyes Of Love, Love Must Be The Answer (beg.) Program 4: (Total Time: 8:17) Love Must Be The Answer (concl.), Something's Wrong, As Long As You're There. Wonder if anyone of you have the rest of those 8-track tapes of "The Partridge Family Album", "Christmas Card", "At Home With Their Greatest Hits", "Crossword Puzzle", "Bulletin Board" & "The World Of" as well as David Cassidy's "Cherish" (AMPEX one), "Dreams Are Nothin' More Than Wishes", "Live", "Greatest Hits" as well as the RCA "The Higher They Climb, The Harder They Fall", "Home Is Where The Heart Is" & "Gettin' It In The Street"??? Could someone posts those if anyone has it including the timings on those AMPEX or GRT 8-tracks???
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
AMPEX, with the farting noise
Shocked
Matthew, what in the world are you talking about???! Confused
Matthew C. Clark
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:42 pm    Post subject: Sears Reply with quote

My older brother Mark back in 1972 & 1973 had a Sears 8-track tape machine that made that noise in those AMPEX tapes. I did leave a comment on that story in the website: www.8trackheaven.com (8 Track Heaven) website.
Matthew C. Clark
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject: Story Reply with quote

The story is on page 3 (scroll down) in the subject "Dear 8 Track Heaven" about what happened back then.
Matthew C. Clark
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:15 pm    Post subject: 8-Track Heaven Reply with quote

Go to here: http://www.8trackheaven.com/dear_8th.html & scroll down to read the subject "AMPEX and GRT 8-Track Tapes".
35yearPFFan!
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Hey Matthew, I also had most of these 8 Tracks at one time with the exception of David's solo stuff and also had trouble with them. I had an old Radio Shack 8 Track Tape Player with an AM/FM radio on the right side and the 8 track tape player on the left side. It was a combination of the tape and the tape player speakers in my case. They played great brand new of course then over the years the tracks started messing up. It was very upsetting to say the least as I did indeed have a stereo to play my albums on but it was only a turntable with 2 book case size speakers. I wish I had a 8 track tape player right now to play my old PF tapes on as I have no cassettes of them or David either, just a bunch of old 8 tracks of the PF and all of the PF albums and David's albums as well.

I just recently purchased a stereo with turntable with built in speakers, CD player and cassette player from Crossley. Check out their web site www.crossley.com and maybe you can find a stereo with a 8 track player. I wanted it with the turntable, speakers and CD player only but they only had the one with the turn table, speakers, CD player and cassette player available at the time I ordered it. I hardly ever play my cassettes any more as my Honda ate most of them up over the years!! I now have a different car and mostly listen to my CD's when driving.

Let me know if you find what you are looking for when you check out the Crossley web site.

Take Care,

Pat

P.S. I can't remember if my 8 track tapes where AMPEX or GRT. I will have to check on that and get back to you.
Matthew C. Clark
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:19 am    Post subject: Partridge Family Album Reply with quote

Here is the 8-track list for "The Partridge Family Album" (AMPEX) PROGRAM 1: Point Me In The Direction Of Albuquerque, I Can Hear Your Heartbeat, Somebody Wants To Love You PROGRAM 2: I Really Want To Know You, Only A Moment Ago, I Think I Love You PROGRAM 3: Brand New Me, I'm On The Road, To Be Lovers PROGRAM 4: Point Me In The Direction Of Albuquerque (repeated), Bandala, Singing My Song. Found this out when I went to a fan's website on 8-track tapes. I do not want any 8-track tapes but it would be interesting if someone can post the rest of those song listings.
Matthew C. Clark
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:58 am    Post subject: "The World Of" Reply with quote

I also found out information on a fan's website on the 8-track of "The World Of The Partridge Family" (1974) on red instead of black & not AMPEX. It also has the original BELL label (1966-1969) NOT the rainbow. Shocked The 8-track does NOT have Total Time. PROGRAM 1: I Think I Love You, Point Me In The Direction Of Albuquerque, She'd Rather Have The Rain, Am I Losing You, Roller Coaster PROGRAM 2: I Really Want To Know You, It's One Of Those Nights, I Woke Up In Love This Morning, Friend And A Lover, Walking In The Rain PROGRAM 3: Looking Through The Eyes Of Love, Doesn't Somebody Want To Be Wanted, Hello, Hello, I Can Feel Your Heartbeat, Brown Eyes PROGRAM 4: Echo Valley 2-6809, Breaking Up Is Hard To Do, I'll Meet You Halfway, Oh, No, Not My Baby, Only A Moment Ago. That is all the information.
35yearPFFan!
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matthew,
AFter reading your post I realized that I also have the Bell Label 8 track tapes and not the Rainbow as mentioned in your post. The Up to Date tape is not a Bell Label or a Rainbow, my dad brought it for me at a gas station/convience store and it played great at first but then it messed up and it never sounded the same. It was a combination of the tape and speakers on my 8 track tape player. I still have it but never use it as I listen to CD's in the car and albums at home. Please read my earlier post about where you can get a stereo with speakers, a turntable and your choice of a CD, cassette or 8 track tape player. I only paid $152.00 which included tax, shipping and handling. It's a wood cabinet with the speakers built in. I am enjoying hearing my PF and DC albums again after all the years!

Pat
Matthew C. Clark
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:06 am    Post subject: EBay Reply with quote

When I went to the EBay website, they only showed the front of the 8 track & not the back side of some of the song titles & total time.
Matthew C. Clark
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 4:45 am    Post subject: EBay Reply with quote

Went to EBay & found out that David Cassidy's "Cherish" (8 track) has the track listings on Program 1 (Cherish, Could It Be Forever, We Could Never Be Friends). Programs 2, 3 & 4 are erased with Partridge Family songs! Shocked Just write down "David Cassidy (8 track)" & look it up.
Matthew C. Clark
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:55 am    Post subject: EBay Reply with quote

I just went to EBay & here is the track listing for "A Partridge Family Christmas Card" on AMPEX. PROGRAM 1: My Christmas Card To You, White Christmas, Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town PROGRAM 2: Christmas Song, Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree, Sleigh Ride PROGRAM 3: Jingle Bells, Winter Wonderland, Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas PROGRAM 4: Blue Christmas, Frosty The Snowman
Matthew C. Clark
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:38 am    Post subject: "Bulletin Board" Reply with quote

Just went to EBay & here is the program track listing for "Bulletin Board" on AMPEX. (I could not see the Total Timings on the 8 track because it is small but it look like PROGRAM 3 said Total Time: 8:18 & PROGRAM 4 said Total Time: 8:19) PROGRAM 1: Money Money, Where Do We Go From Here, That's The Way It Is With You PROGRAM 2: Lookin' For A Good Time, I Wouldn't Put Nothin' Over On You, Along Too Long PROGRAM 3: Oh, No, Not My Baby, I'll Never Get Over You, I Heard You Singing Your Song PROGRAM 4: Roller Coaster, Lookin' For A Good Time (repeated), How Long Is Too Long
Matthew C. Clark
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject: "Cherish" Reply with quote

I just went to EBay & found out that the "Cherish" 8 track had the same Programs on Tracks 1-4 which a Michigan label called "Media 2" (which I wrote down) did back then which is also the same on the AMPEX 8 track.
Matthew C. Clark
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject: "At Home With Their Greatest Hits" Reply with quote

Just went to EBay & here is the program tracks for "At Home With Their Greatest Hits" (AMPEX) PROGRAM 1: (Total Time: 8:17) I Think I Love You, Doesn't Somebody Want To Be Wanted, Breaking Up Is Hard To Do PROGRAM 2: (Total Time: 8:16) Echo Valley 2-6809, I Woke Up In Love This Morning, Am I Losing You PROGRAM 3: (Total Time: 8:16) I Can Feel Your Heatrtbeat, Brown Eyes, She'd Rather Have The Rain PROGRAM 4: (Total Time: 7:37) I'll Meet You Halfway, It's One Of Those Nights (AMPEX forgot to put down (Yes Love)) I used to have a Magnavox stereo 8-track tape player which my parents bought back in July or August of 1972. What happened was in November of 1973, the left speaker along with the headphones broke & all I heard was static instead of music but the right speaker played the music. I had to wait until my birthday back in May 5, 1978 when my parents bought me a brand new 8-track tape player because my parents couldn't afford the money.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Garage: Merchandise & Other Fun Stuff All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: