[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

PARTRIDGE REFERENCES IN POPULAR CULTURE
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Garage: Merchandise & Other Fun Stuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dreamboatkaren
Keith's Date
Keith's Date

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a copy of a Heart show from last summer's tour of Europe...yeah it is a bootleg Shocked ...and Nancy Wilson (the blonde, Ann is the brunette) is chatting to the audience about traveling around the countryside in a big ole tour bus..."Just like the Partridge Family"! So there you have it, my two worlds met very briefly. Very Happy

Karen
Dean-o
Keith's Date
Keith's Date

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another Partridge Family referance, this time on Queer as Folk. On last nights episode, Ted is on a blind date with a guy who had a tramatic experiance years back when he attended a Partridge Family reunion, and was trampled by the audiance, so now is relunctant to go out to places with large crowds. Ted's date also makes referance to the Partridges being dressed in their "white jump suits". That part of show was funny, however by the end of the show I was so mad by what had happened at Babalon, that I was yelling at the tv screen. But, all I have to do is pop a Partridge DVD in the player and the world is a good place again.

Dean-O
CassidyDiva
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dean-o wrote:
Another Partridge Family referance, this time on Queer as Folk. On last nights episode, Ted is on a blind date with a guy who had a tramatic experiance years back when he attended a Partridge Family reunion, and was trampled by the audiance, so now is relunctant to go out to places with large crowds. Ted's date also makes referance to the Partridges being dressed in their "white jump suits". That part of show was funny, however by the end of the show I was so mad by what had happened at Babalon, that I was yelling at the tv screen. But, all I have to do is pop a Partridge DVD in the player and the world is a good place again.

Dean-O

Guess they don't remember the PF clearly- they never wore white jump-suits (polka-dot, stiped, but never white). They must have remembered David's white fringed suit & thought they ALL wore them!
http://facffanclub.netfreehost.com/index.php?mforum=facffanclub
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I saw it too Dean and although it was a bit irksome that they got that wrong...how cool was it that they were referenced?? I got a big kick out of it myself! Very Happy Just more validation -- I think -- how cool the PF really is/was/will be. ;)

Speaking of references... Anyone else catch this??

NBC aired three repeats of Joey back to back last week, starting with the premiere (pilot) episode, in which there was a running gag -- they did it at least twice! -- where Joey's sister pulls his ear or something and he says (as in "Uncle!"), "Okay, I'm gay for David Cassidy!" -- but they cut both references in this airing!! Shocked How rude and whassup with that??? I thought it was hysterical the first time I saw it!! Do you suppose it was cut for "PC" (political) reasons or just time constraints to sell more ads?? Rolling Eyes Whatever the reason....I was most disappointed. Harumph. Confused
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was cut for time. The original airing of "Joey" was longer than 30 minutes, if I remember correctly -- one of their supersized comedies. Very Happy
CassidyDiva
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:10 pm    Post subject: NEW MOVIE REFERENCE Reply with quote

MUST LOVE DOGS has a PF reference- the father leads a family "sing-along" to C''MON GET HAPPY!

that's SING ALONG!
http://facffanclub.netfreehost.com/index.php?mforum=facffanclub

Last edited by CassidyDiva on Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A what?? Shocked I LOVE these poopular cultural references!! Yes, let's keep TPF in the public awareness (gotta help those DVD & BB sales!!)!! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Garage: Merchandise & Other Fun Stuff All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: