[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

PARTRIDGE REFERENCES IN POPULAR CULTURE
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Garage: Merchandise & Other Fun Stuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Punky
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:27 am    Post subject: PARTRIDGE REFERENCES IN POPULAR CULTURE Reply with quote

Did anyone just see Scrubs? They just played the entire Come On Get Happy theme during one of their comic routines. It wasn't the PF though, unless perhaps a remake from one of the movies, or the VH1 show. It DID sound a little like David...
Dean-o
Keith's Date
Keith's Date

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was trying to watch scrubs at work (on a break of course), but this one person kept talking endlessly. When The Partridge Family theme started playing, I put one hand up to silence him (which he did) and when the song was over, I put my hand down, and he picked right up where he left off. I forgot to record scrubs last night, so I wasn't able to check out credits and end of show to see if performer and song was listed in credit.

Dean-o
laurie partridge
Reuben's Client
Reuben's Client

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isnt it strange how everybody thinks the partridge family were so corny and just manufactured pop. yet they are all singing their songs and making refrences in popular TV shows! maybe they just dont want to admit that the Partridges are COOL! Not talking

grooviness always...

Laurie Very Happy
Lil' Lizzie Partridge05
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

Location: Either in SanPueblo,CA or getting on the bus being driven by the lovely Shirley to the next gig

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:20 pm    Post subject: I agree Reply with quote

Laurie,
I totally agree, like in An Extremely Goofy Movie (just one of many examples) Goofy goes into a little dream world about his old 70's days and they played C'Mon Get Happy! I mean sure it was funny but still the PF doesn't belong in movies and junk they need to be special and remmebered not by being on that one movie I saw last week or something. AM I RIGHT????
Lil' lizzie partridge05
Sheriffswell

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:28 pm    Post subject: re: Partridges and baseball Reply with quote

For years rock music has become prevelant in sporting events. First there was QUEEN's "We Will Rock You" and "We are the Champions"; "Sh na na na Kiss him goodbye" is played when pitchers are taken out of games; "Rock 'n Roll Part 2" by Gary Glitter became an anthem; and David Bowie's "We can be Heroes" blared when the Mets won the wild card in '99. Of course the next year it was "Who let the Dogs out" - no wonder the Yankees beat us!

The Partridge Family's "C'mon Get Happy" is going to be the next big anthem in baseball! Shea Stadium, home of the Mets plays "C'mon get Happy" during the 6th inning encouraging everyone to "Smile" and make goofy faces for the camera as the large Video screen shows faces in the crowd laughing it up and hopefully not at the Mets!

It was trip for me the other night when I went to my first game to hear the Partridges at the game! So cool! I told my brother about it later and he said, "Its like the Partridge Family follows you around!" Caution Nervous Ed looking for psychedellic busses..........

Ed[/b]
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They DO?? Ed, that is so COOL! Very Happy Who knew?? Well ...all you New Yawkers, I guess. Wink
friendschick

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I am new to the PF circle... i have to point out on the pilot episode of Joey ... the new Matt Le Blanc show there was a reference to where Gina said she pinned Joey on the rug and made him scream "I'm Gay for David Cassidy." Well my two worlds have finally met..... FRIENDS and the PF...

FRIENDS 1994-2004.... it was a happy place filled with love and laughter... and because of rent control it was a friggin steal.
CHEZ
Official Partridge-in-Training

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Friends Chick and welcome along! Ooh I'm sure there was a reference to the PF on Friends? If not more than one!? Can anyone remember??? TOW....

Chez Smile
Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chez, all I can think of right now are Partridge-adjacent references, to Shaun. I don't remember which TOW it was, but one is a holiday episode when Ross says he's found the gift for Rachel that she has always wanted and Monica, I believe says, "Shaun Cassidy?" At least I THINK that's the way it goes. Another is when Ross and Rachel visit her home and her old bedroom still had a Shaun poster in it.
LisaF63
Reuben's Client
Reuben's Client

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit

Last edited by LisaF63 on Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
CHEZ

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Jen - maybe I'm wrong and was just imaging it! It would take a few days to watch through them all (back to back) to double check! Though that would be fun!

Oh well I do remember The Partridge Family was mentioned on The Osbournes ooh and Four Weddings & A Funeral!

Chez Smile
Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, welcome Friendschick. Smile

Chez - I wouldn't mind taking a few days and going through all the Friends episodes to see what's what. Smile

Lisa - I LOVE SATC and vividly remember that scene. I can't recall exactly the episode, but I know it was about threesomes... of all kinds LOL.. and Miranda was feeling left out.
laurie partridge
Reuben's Client
Reuben's Client

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just remembered another great partridge refrence, and just HAD to mention it! Very Happy In the BBC film Anita and me there is tons of Partridge/Cassidy refrences (probably because the author of the book, Meera Syal had a massive crush on him in the 70's!)

1st refrence: "Education is your passport, well if education was my passport. then why arn't i disco- ing in California with David Cassidy? or sunbathing in spain with T rex? the furthest i ever been is a trip to the sewage-works in Dudley"

2nd refrence: "How can i be sure?" played in the scene where Meena meets Anita for the first time

3rd refrence: in the girls secret den, there are two posters of David and he is also seen on the cover of popular 70's girls magazine Jackie

The book of the same title (which the film was adapted from) includes even more refrences to David and the Partridges.
Zap Brannigan
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 3:07 am    Post subject: I WANT TO BELIEVE Reply with quote

A Partridge reference occurred on THE X-FILES. It was in the fourth season episode "Never Again," first aired in February 1997.

What happens is, we see a young woman in her apartment, just relaxing at home. She turns on her stereo and the song "Doesn't Somebody Want to Be Wanted" starts up. It sounds really good. Then the villain comes in and kills her as David Cassidy keeps on singing this cool song. It's not muffled or off in the background, either. The show put the song up front.

This was eight years ago, and it was the first PF reference I had seen in a long time. When the song started up, I thought hey, that sounds really cool. That's starting to sound familiar; what is that? And then it hit me. I was so happy to see PF get a positive nod from such a cool show as THE X-FILES. What a moment.
Paul_Maul
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: re: Partridges and baseball Reply with quote

Sheriffswell wrote:
The Partridge Family's "C'mon Get Happy" is going to be the next big anthem in baseball! Shea Stadium, home of the Mets plays "C'mon get Happy" during the 6th inning encouraging everyone to "Smile" and make goofy faces for the camera as the large Video screen shows faces in the crowd laughing it up and hopefully not at the Mets!

Ed[/b]

As a die-hard Met fan I am gratified to hear this! I haven't been to a
game yet this year, but look forward to hearing the Partridge theme
at Shea!

Speaking of the Mets, I am in the process of figuring out a way to frame
my 1986 World Series Game 6 ticket stubs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Garage: Merchandise & Other Fun Stuff All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: