[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

PF Mention in Live "Will & Grace" Premiere!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Garage: Merchandise & Other Fun Stuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:49 pm    Post subject: PF Mention in Live "Will & Grace" Premiere! Reply with quote

Hey, kids! Just came back from Studio City where I attended the first of three dress rehearsals with an audience for the LIVE season premiere of this Thursday's Will & Grace. :D

Look for one scene between Eric McCormack ("Will") and guest star Alec Baldwin where Alec's character is threatening Will's, pulls out a little pic of TPF and says something like "Would you like me to have your family killed?" to which Will says, "That's not my family, that's the Partridge Family!"; Alec then responds with (paraphrasing), "Well, would you like to see them killed?!" I guess out of context it doesn't sound that funny ...but it was. :lol:

Another highlight is what ultimately is revealed behind Sean's (as Jack) eyepatch! Cool

Check it out this Thursday on NBC @ 8:30 PM.
kenbubblegumkid
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up Joey. Sounds like a cool time you had. Cool
Ken
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was Ken, thanks! Very Happy And I can't tell you how cool it was to attend a show where it was done in "real" time...and not 4 or 5 hours to film! Shocked It'll be cool too if I make it into the show to air for the east coast -- they're doing it TWICE -- one for each! Cool
umbrellaman
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that sounds like great fun, and the Partridge Family reference sounds hilarious! I would love to be part of a live audience for a sitcom. It's great that so many TPF references pop up in so many different places. Thanks for the news!
Lu groovychick1970
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joey, that IS funny! I will watch the show this week.

How come it's live?

I think Jack mentioned Danny Bonaduce in an episode a few years back. It would be great if any of the former PF cast would make a cameo!

L
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
How come it's live?

It's a stunt to try and get the ratings to improve because NBC and the show in general aint what it used to be. The show has seen it's better days. They used to be funny. Now they're just mean to each other. Bitter old queens -- all four of them. Laughing Laughing
Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say, I agree with Scott. I loved the show, and think the cast is brilliant, but I haven't watched it in ages. I looked at my season passes on Tivo and there are no more NBC shows on there. All ABC. I gave it up last year when I realized it kept showing up on Tivo and I never watched it. I was shocked it got as many Emmy noms as it did. But there aren't a lot of sitcoms left, I guess.
Dean-o
Keith's Date
Keith's Date

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As alway, through bad and good, I've had Will and Grace on DVR, along with Friends or Joey. I think the Partidge referance sounds funny, will (as always) tune in Thursday to watch.

Dean-O
CHEZ
Official Partridge-in-Training
Official Partridge-in-Training

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good, Joey! (BTW - didn't you go to one before ? )

I really enjoyed the first series but I thought it jumped in the 2nd - I just see it now and then and do have a chuckle but not as much as before. Though saying that, I might still get the DVD of our current series as I have missed a lot of them - But this episode you went to sounds like fun!
I think I'd like it better if it was just Will and Jack!

Chez Smile
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I think I'd like it better if it was just Will and Jack
Well, I wouldn't be a bit surprised -- especially as a couple of lines in this episode reveal, at least if they aren't cut -- that they actually end up together at the end. Just a hunch. Wink
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, yuck. There is no way someone like Jack would ever wind up with someone like Will. I have a real problem with the character of Jack and the negative stereotype that he perpetuates. "Jack" to gays is what "Sambo" is to African Americans, IMHO. Same thing with the Bobby Canavale (sp???) character -- a police officer who was fired because he was trying on gloves (he has a glove fettish) when he should have been concentrating on being a cop. Puh-lease. Why didn't they just have him trying on panty hose?? Evil or Very Mad Granted they're just characters and W&G is just a TV show, but when that's all that the ignorants of the world have to watch, I think it does more damage than good. Just MHO. :?

But, "politics" aside, it's a very well, sharply written show. The production qualities are great too
LisaF63
Reuben's Client
Reuben's Client

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edit

Last edited by LisaF63 on Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The funniest episodes are the ones that feature Rosario (PF alum and the Flying Nun's Sister Sixto, Shelley Morrison). For some reason they don't use her too much anymore. I wish she would be on it more often. Or maybe she is? I haven't watched on a regular basis for some time now. Smile
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barring any major rewrites, she definitely appears in tonight's episode. Very Happy
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well as anybody on the east coast knows by now, they definitely screwed up; or rather, broke up laughing. Technically, there were no glitches, and overall, the cast was quite impressive. For us west coast folks, we'll soon know how smooth it goes. :D

And yes...the PF reference is still in the show! Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Garage: Merchandise & Other Fun Stuff All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: