[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Never Noticed This!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeBrady
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:59 pm    Post subject: Never Noticed This! Reply with quote

I have been watching this show for 35 years and I have never noticed this until today, that there is a symbol of the cross on the back of the bus. It is on the driver side under the tail light. I think someone might have brought this up before on here at one point or another. Any ideas if this is intentional or just a coincidence? Found it very interesting.

Man, hope I don't work for a crime lab huh?
allthatieverneeded
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:19 am    Post subject: so bizzare! Reply with quote

Mike, I am completely blown away by your post; I too just noticed that same thing last night!

I've watched the show since I was a little kid, taped the show over and over on vhs, had been watching the dvd since it came out- and never, ever noticed what looks like a cross near the driver's side rear tail light- until just last night. I thought about it a bit, then dropped it. Logged on and Whammo! Saw your post.

This is just so freaky- but I'm trying to not make it into something more than it probably really is. Then again... :-0
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since you both just noticed -- I know I never have! -- is there one particular episode to refer to where it really stands out?? Thanks for the heads up! Very Happy
MikeBrady
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed it on the opening credits, (after season one) when the bus drives away from the camera, you can see it....check it out.
panther2200
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on, guys, don't read too much into it. It's just part of the paint job! Wink It would be cool, though, to track down the people who actually did the painting to see if there was a definate plan, or were told to "Mondrianize it!".
MikeBrady
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/url]

Let everybody draw their own conclusions.
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm with Panther -- I think it's just coincidence more than anything.
Lil' Lizzie Partridge05
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

Location: Either in SanPueblo,CA or getting on the bus being driven by the lovely Shirley to the next gig

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

me too. I don't think it is anything.
scout
Bus Mechanic
Bus Mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:11 pm    Post subject: The Cross on the Bus Reply with quote

I don't get it. What does it matter if it was a coincidence or intentional. You've got to believe in something or you'll fall for anything.

Last edited by scout on Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Skizzy Fleameyer
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:11 am    Post subject: That Old Bus Reply with quote

I don't care, well I do....you know what I mean. I just love that old thing.
Wish I had a chance to ride on it. On it? In it? Confused By the way has anyone noticed my "location" and the lisence plate on the bus? I have had a few people ask me.....
Mark65
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I love the bus too. I also think anyone / everyone is free to interpret this and anything else however they want. For me, this is essentially the Jesus on a grilled cheese sandwich phenomenon Smile
PJ
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that whichever Partridge kid was responsible for painting that part of the bus got distracted and didn't finish the job. Smile
Stuckinthe'70s
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:47 am    Post subject: speaking of things never noticed... Reply with quote

I was watching the episode with Holly Near, when Keith runs for student body president. At the end of having a talk with Shirley about quitting, Keith opens the door and leaves her bedroom. If you look at the wall behind, it doesn't look as though anyone made an effort to paint it like the hallway. It looks like a backstage panel or brick or something--I'm not sure what.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: