[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

"BEWITCHED" on DVD Officially Announced
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dean-o
Keith's Date
Keith's Date

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more bit of info on Liberty Williams, She also played Brenda Morganstern on The Mary Tyler Moore Show. When Rhoda was made in to a series for Valarie Harper, Julie Kavner took over the part as Brenda.

Dean-O
umbrellaman
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only three more weeks!! I cannot wait for Bewitched on DVD. I can finally see the episodes without all the cuts on TVland. In response to the B&W versus color question, I'm buying the B&W set right away but will probably buy the colorized set at some point just to see them. I've seen quite a few screen captures from the colorized Japanese sets, and they do look really good, although I still think that there's something sort of fake looking about them, especially skin tones. I also know that some of the dresses Samantha and Endora wear are colorized incorrectly, but I suppose it would be difficult to make sure everything is the exact color. I'll probably buy Tabitha at some point too, but I haven't ordered it yet. Loved it when it originally aired but saw a few episodes on TVland and not sure how much I really care for it now. I do like Lisa Hartman on it though.
Skizzy Fleameyer
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:16 am    Post subject: Color vs B & W Reply with quote

I will buy the B & W set. If I should be curious about the colorized version, I will rent it. I would prefer them in their original broadcast form. I vaguely remember them being in B & W. I hadn't realized it was the first 3 seasons in B & W.
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, the first TWO seasons are in black & white. The third season started with color. :D

I'll be buying the B&W as well. I'm not a fan of tinkering with the original.
Skizzy Fleameyer
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:20 am    Post subject: SAMANTHA Reply with quote

Cool, thanx so much for the correction Embarassed . All I will need after this DVD set will be "I Dream Of Jeannie"! YEAH BABY Very Happy !
Stuckinthe'70s
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:19 pm    Post subject: Bewitched Reply with quote

Did I understand right? That Susan Dey could have been Tabitha? I didn't realize she was in show business that young.

Scott--Since you're the resident "Bewitched" expert, what did you think of the movie? It seemed to have come and gone quickly.
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I think you misunderstood: she was offered the part of the adult Tabitha in the "sequel", if you will, of the original Bewitched series. The character was "sped up" -- you know, like they do all the time in soaps?? A character will have a baby (usually a bastard, no? Wink) and in six months it's old enough to shave! Rolling Eyes When Tabitha came along - 1977, I think -- the character should still have been a kid of about 11 years old! I guess they felt it wouldn't be right to have an 11 year old dating and out on her own -- even if she was a witch! Shocked

Susan did her own short-lived CBS series called Loves Me, Loves Me Not around this time; perhaps that's why she didn't do it... or maybe she got to read the script first and wisely passed. It's certainly a pale imitation of the original, despite the obvious charms of leads Lisa Hartman and Robert Urich. Cool
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure I am any more of an expert than Dean-O and Joey, but I absolutely hated the feature film. There's another thread in this section about the feature, and I posted my thoughts in detail there. Here's the link:

http://www.cmongethappy.com/bulletin/viewtopic.php?t=283&start=30

:D
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: