Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
|Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:17 am Post subject: ADDITIONAL MESSAGE BOARD GUIDELINES -PLEASE READ
As the board grows in popularity, the number of registered members expands as well - which is great! Unfortunately, that also means we have more people who don't seem to know how to (or want to) follow the guidelines of the board, or simple message board etiquette. This, in turn, means we have to do more moderating, including deleting and moving posts. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE read the following, even if you're absolutely sure this couldn't possibly pertain to you (because, chances are, it does... even long-time posters develop bad habits )
1. This board has a SEARCH funtion located at the top of the page. It is your friend. Please check first to see if a question you want to ask has already been asked.
2. If you don't want to use the SEARCH funtion, then browse the rest of the board -and the entire site - first. Your question may have already been answered in either of these places. Neither is so huge that it will take more than a few minutes to skim and we pride ourselves on the fact that both the board and the entire site is broken down into LOGICAL sections that can narrow down what you're looking for considerably.
3. Following up on #1 and #2, please be considerate of the moderators' requests. If we ask you not to do something, please don't do it! If we tell you we'll post information as soon as we have it - we will, honest! There is no need to keep asking for an update.
4. Please don't post JUST for the sake of posting. Posting cute little one-liners or just a smiley in no way contributes to the conversation and, quite frankly, just eats up bandwidth. Try to control yourself.
5. This is a message board, not a chat room. If you find yourself basically having a lengthy one-on-one conversation with someone on the boards, it's probably time to take it to e-mail or PMs.
6. Please use a meaningful subject line so people know what the post is about. We're not here to lure people into our threads. Get to the point, kids!
Please know that we're not trying to be mean or curtail any fun you may have participating on the boards. We're just asking for some logical board considerations that will improve the experience overall. Honest!
These new guidelines will be added to the main guideline page and please be advised that any posts that "breaking the rules" will be deleted without notice. The garage is getting messy and we need the room to rehearse!