[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Season 1 tambourine-"the" tambourine.Expert opinio

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
benglenn2
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:57 pm    Post subject: Season 1 tambourine-"the" tambourine.Expert opinio Reply with quote

Hi all,

Can I say it? Ever since I first laid eyes on it some 35 years ago, I have been somewhat fascinated by the multicolored tambourine used in Season One. So much so that I have decided to try and make my own replica. Unfortunately, the original tambourine was transformed into a gold version and no longer exists in its multicolor state.

The original was a standard tambourine dressed up" by the Columbia prop department. Thus far, by watching the DVD and examining still photos, I have gathered the following specs:

- 7" Ludwig tambourine
- inside of wooden frame painted red
- outside of wooden frame painted silver, with silver glitter added

This brings me to the all-important tabourine "face." Was it decorated with flat, round sequins, or with three-dimensional, multicolored rhinestones? Or both? Moreover, the rear of the face appears to have been decorated, too...or is that just the decorations on the front showing through?

I would appreciate your expert observations!

Ben
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I think we can ask Suzanne that question. In fact, she still has that tambourine. I'll try and get the answer for you and get back to you. Very Happy
benglenn2
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrific...thanks!
dannyph

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They look to my eyes like shiny metalic stickers,and that they are on both sides.I applaud your quest to recreate this iconic prop,and if anybody suggests that you're a bit twisted to be obsessed about a Tambourine that couldn't even be actually played by it's famous handler,tell them to go chew rocks! Peace and Love-Dannyph
Mark
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have made my own version of it as well. I used flat sequines. Everyone who visits my house notices it and makes comment. I have it displayed with my WURLY 200 and my framed board game of the PF!!! My lunch box is on the shelf on the other end. Maybe take a picture of it and send to the site??
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
benglenn2
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A pic of your tambourine would be terrific!

Ben
Mark
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I sent a few pics of it to the moderators of Cmongethappy.com. I am not sure if they will get posted. I wish we had a ROGUES gallery of all the members of the site. Nice to put a face to the names, don't you think?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Michael
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone can add images to their message board post. Instructions are included in the Message Board FAQ:

http://www.cmongethappy.com/bulletin/faq.php

Very Happy
Mark
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: LINK Reply with quote

http://pak05.pictures.aol.com/NASApp/ygp/Login?event=TaskView&shareInfo=qehO4z9cYlk4UH19F74PkJBDBK3JG49f7yLse8FcE1KJJdNX5w59hg%3d%3d&selectedIndex=0
Mark
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posted the link....I hope it works!!!

PS.I can't wait for season 2!!!!!!
benglenn2
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mark,

You did a nice job with your tambourine! I plan to start my own version after (if) we hear from Suzanne Crough. (Scott, any word?)

So...tell us: do you put on your PF CDs and play your tambourine? Very Happy

RTegards,
Ben
dannyph

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At Danny Phartridge Expherience shows we do a "Tribute To Tracy" where we play a "My Green Tambourine/Mr. Tambourine Man" medley.We hand out a dozen tambourines and let fans play along.Whoever is playing the secret "lucky" tambourine wins a prize.Check out www.dpxrules.com to see the back story on Tracy the Tambourine Virtuoso,you may get a kick out of it.
Mark
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, But now that I am older, I play the WURLY or my Yamaha digital keyboard. However, when I was age 7, I was the best damn tambourine, cowbell, triangle, wood block player I could be!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: