[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

David Cassidy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Cast!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lauralambert
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject: David Cassidy Reply with quote

Is just me, or am I just seeing things. Let me be more precise, I was looking at the cover of DC cd "Then and Now" and I don't know if I was imagining it but I swear that DC does not look any older than he did in the seventies. If I didn't know the fact that he was born in 1950, I could swear that he was only born four years before me. I don't know if anyone else thinks this or if I'm the only one. Any way he certainly looks no older, I would even go as far to say that, he only looks as though he was three years younger than Donny.

Laura
PJ
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think DC looks about his age IRL. He looks great, but he certainly looks older than he did in the 70s, and he absolutely looks older than Donny. Album photographs are touched up, so I wouldn't go by that.
lauralambert
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:48 pm    Post subject: David Cassidy Reply with quote

I think I would agree with you in one way, PJ that they retouch album photos, but if they do any retouching on David's album cover then they didn't have to do very much because, don't you agree with me that David still looks for his age, and also that he still sounds as good as he did in the seventies if not better - but that is just my own opinion. I hate to admit it but I have only ever bought one single by David and, that was the single "The Last Kiss" which he released I think in 1984 and even now it still sounds just as good on the "Then and Now" cd as it did then.

Any way back to the photo of David, looking at it again you may be right PJ it might have been retouched but, I bet it didn't need as much retouching as Cliff's album covers would. Donny's album covers wouldn't need much retouching either and, that is despite Donny being seven years younger than David, but like David he looks pretty good for his age and, he is now a grandfather - not bad for a forty seven year old is it.

Laura
PJ
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
don't you agree with me that David still looks for his age, and also that he still sounds as good as he did in the seventies if not better - but that is just my own opinion

I do think he looks very good for his age. I said that in my post. But you initially said, "I swear that DC does not look any older than he did in the seventies." I don't agree with that statement.

His voice is still quite strong, although I do think he lost some vocal discipline somewhere along the way, as was displayed in "Touch of Blue". I think he would benefit from working with a strong producer who could coax the best out of his voice. Most vocalists don't have the objectivity required to effectively produce their own albums, IMO.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Cast! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: