[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

PILOT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:06 am    Post subject: PILOT Reply with quote

Hey, all !! I was having a PF marathon last night and noticed that in the pilot episode, the show starts with the back of the bus with "Careful, Nervous Mother Driving," in close up. There is a black w/gold license plate and then later white w/red the rest of the show!! Anyone else notice?? Also, the bus went from being blue inside to Pink for the rest of the series. Go figure.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're loking at two different busses, I think. The pilot was filmed way in advance of when the series actually started production for Season One. While some, like Mel Swope, insist there was only one bus, there are subtle differences in the painting and actual model that suggest there was more than one bus used in filming.
PJ
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of the bus, the other day my hubby and I saw a local band driving around in a PF style painted bus, with some funny slogan painted on it--something about Keith's hair. I have, of course, forgotten the slogan and the name of the band. I'm elderly. But it cracked us both up at the time.
panther2200
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were two different buses in the pilot! In the scene where they're actually buying the bus, they're in front of a school bus yellow '55 or '56 Chevy. Although the front end is the same, The windshield is noticiably different than the actual '57 we all know, love, and miss. Cool

With time constraints, etc., there's no way they would've shot the "buying" scene with the original unpainted bus, then had the art dept. do the Mondrian thing on it. The paint job would've been done prior to filming. I think they were lucky enough to find a close look alike in the used car lot and didn't think anybody would notice (how I love the pause button).

Also, there is a noticiable dent over the third window on the left (door) side that you can spot pretty much every time they used it. IMHO they painted the inside pink after the pilot. Maybe for film purposes????

Jeff
little laurie
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not know that they used different buses on that show. I just thought they only used one. This sound just like that old show The Dukes Of Hazzard. They used more then one General Lee on that show as well. Did anybody else notice in that Pilot episode. When Danny was talking to the car salemen about the bus. I notice on the side of the bus there was already the word carved in on the bus. That read THE PARTRIDGE FAMILY on it. Did anyone else notice it to? I just love that part where they are all painting the bus. That is so cool. I just love that part a lot!

Peace,
Little Laurie
Mark
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:26 am    Post subject: CROSS Reply with quote

I watched it again the other night and I also noticed on the back there is a cross painted on the back of the bus. It probably wasn't done intentionally, but was interesting to see. If you are facing the back of the bus it is on the left hand side near the tailight.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dean-o
Keith's Date
Keith's Date

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Off subject for a second, Just want to say Hi to you Mark, I use to live in Orlando (Moved backed to Oregon 11 years ago). Have many wonderful memories and friends there.

We now return you to your regular programming

Dean-O
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dean-O...
your posts always make me smile! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: