[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Mailing List

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Ask The Webmasters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BonnieNY
Official Partridge-in-Training

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:39 pm    Post subject: Mailing List Reply with quote

I tried to post this on the mailing list in response to Jennifer's news about the list closing. It hasn't gone through, and I'm wondering if the list is already closed to new posts. I'm copying and pasting it here, in case.

Jen,

Is now the best time to make this decision? August is typically the slowest time of year for any discussion list. People are vacationing and out and about. Would it be possible to see if things pick up in the fall before closing the list?

This is the first mailing list I ever joined, and I'd hate to see it go.

Bonnie Sad
Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll see, Bonnie. I've always thought there wasn't a need for both, since there is a lot of duplication of subscribers. Since there is no activity on the list, now seems as good a time as any to do away with it and centralize all discussion to this one area. I'm not even sure that all the information about the message board was sent through the list until today. The list's days are numbered, no matter when that day comes. Smile
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May as well -- it's been deader than a doornail lately with this cool newer version of the board implemented! :D

For those who haven't seen it, here's Jen's post:

http://lists.topica.com/lists/gethappy/read/message.html?sort=d&mid=1719295349&start=19872
BonnieNY

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jen,

I certainly understand your reasoning. I guess I'm just one of those sentimental folks who doesn't like change. Wink
LisaF63
Reuben's Client
Reuben's Client

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edit

Last edited by LisaF63 on Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
KathySTL

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BonnieNY wrote:
Jen,

I certainly understand your reasoning. I guess I'm just one of those sentimental folks who doesn't like change. Wink

Yes, I have always enjoyed the emails and miss them. but I have been enjoying the board recently and I guess I'll get used to it.

but please consider keeping the list too.
Dee
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:19 am    Post subject: Mailing List Reply with quote

The last few weeks my posts to the mailing list have not even gone thru. I can understand the reasoning for closing it down. There is much more info here anyway. I am glad I came to check or I would have missed about season 2!!!!
Dee Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Ask The Webmasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: