[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Colour Change of the costumes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FOTCPREZ

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lu groovychick1970 wrote:
That's what I'm here for, Joey! Mr. Green

Anyone remember the ugly caps the girls wore in one episode of season one? Good grief.

Lu Rolling Eyes

those wer berets-thery were in Paris Rolling Eyes
lauralambert
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:00 pm    Post subject: The Caps which the girls wore Reply with quote

Yeah I remember the caps they wore, in the episode called "Star Quality" thank goodness they did not wear them, again I thought they looked like Russian soldiers. I have read the many messages giving, me helpful hints on how to solve my problem but I've tried the colour button, the brightness button and everything else I just think I need, to get a new copy or it might be just that I've watched the first season so many times - I think I've watched it about eight or maybe nine times now, oh well that's life ha, ha.

Laura
Randy64
Official Bus Driver

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laura, before you get a new copy, try the DVD in someone elses DVD player and TV. Couldn't hurt.
lauralambert
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject: Colour change of the costumes Reply with quote

I've even tried, the DVD in my portable DVD player and exactly, the same thing happens, actually I've noticed something else now as well, when they are in the dressing room, their shirts go from yellow to white for may be a couple of seconds, and then back to yellow so I will have to get a new copy. Don't get me wrong, this hasn't spoilt my enjoyment of the DVD it's just a bit annoying, but at the end of the day I guess, it's because I've watched the same episodes over and over again since I bought the first season in June. It's like my copy of DC's "Then and Now" CD, I had to buy a new copy of that because I'd played it so many times that eventually it got scratched, mind you I'd bought the original in 2002 so eventually it would wear out, but that wasn't as expensive as the DVD, the DVD cost me
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laura, something really doesn't wash here: unless it is truly defective, there's no reason the DVD itself should cause the colors in the outfits in that scene to change! Shocked
So, trying to sort this out:
*Do you watch your *portable* player thru the same big screen projection TV you first talked about?? Or are you watching them independent of each other? Just a thought that it would then be the TV monitor's screen if so.
*You don't have your DVD player hooked up thru a VCR, do you?? Since these discs have copy protection on them, that could adversely affect the picture if you do! It needs to be hooked up separately to your TV/monitor.
*You appear to live in England -- Do you have the right region-coded DVDs for wherever you live? That is, they're "coded" for whatever country -- unless you happened to buy them online! -- you purchase them in -- ours here in the US (and Canada) are "Region One", Europe's should say "Region Two", so if you're trying to play a disc with the a different coding it will not work right (unless you've got a player that is "region free"). Confused

Well, that's all I can think of! Just a few thoughts/ideas to see if it might help! Hope it does. Very Happy
lauralambert
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject: Colour Change in costumes Reply with quote

I use my portable DVD player, independant from my main DVD player. I have just looked at the DVD and it says, code 2. I didn't buy the DVD via the internet, but in a shop called MVC - a shop in Maidstone. When I bought the DVD, I asked if I would be able to play the DVD on the current DVD player and, I was assured that I could play my DVD on my DVD player. I not upset because this is the only episode that this happens, but what I don't understand is the fact that this only happens on this particular episode. I am very puzzled over this but I'm losing any sleep over this, like I said I am still enjoying watching the episodes. Can't wait for the second season to be released at the end of the year, and then I can enjoy all those episodes. Laughing

Laura
Skizzy Fleameyer
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:15 am    Post subject: How Many Costumes Are There? Reply with quote

Okay guys.....I am trying to get up to speed here. I feel like the little sibling trying to catch up to the older one walking down the street. Or maybe just like a younger sibling...maybe my question just isn't important. And yet again, like my Mom would do when I was a kid, when I had a question...she would make me go look it up in the Encylopedia Britannica. Remember those things.....26 volumes of information that was WAY over my head at that time. Yeah the information was there, but what the Silenced did it mean? But I guess again with the advent of the internet (and this great site) I could look it up myself. Just how many performance outfits did the family have in total? Embarassed
lauralambert
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:27 am    Post subject: Number of Costumes Reply with quote

In answer to the last person's question, I think if memory serves me correct, there were in total six as follows:

Blue with the matching blue shirts/blouses
Green with the yellow shirts/blouses
Red with the white shirts/blouses
Tapestry print type outfits with the cream shirts/blouses
Shirts/blouses with circles and plain red trousers
Plain red trousers with printed shirts/blouses.

I hope that answers your question Surprised

Laura
Lu groovychick1970
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:11 pm    Post subject: Costumes Reply with quote

Wasn't there another print outfit, besides the aztec? Like a pinkish print? Didn't they also use the white blouses with the blue velvet? I have Laurie's outfit from the movie, and they used white with both blue and red for that. They aren't exact replicas tho'. There are no zippers in the front on the originals...I think.

http://www.cmongethappy.com/gallery/series/pf46

http://www.cmongethappy.com/gallery/series/pf37

Is this right?

Lu
Skizzy Fleameyer
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:44 pm    Post subject: Costumes Reply with quote

Wow...totally forgot about the second photo you included Lu.
But I do remeber the first photo. Didn't they sing "I Woke Up In Love This Morning" wearing those?
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the first picture Lu posted were the new costumes for the second season, the first time they weren't in "crushed" velvet. Smile -- the only ep I can think of (from my ever-waning memory Confused ) where they did IWUILTM was the "Dora" season premiere and they were *definitely* in the velvet costumes for that one -- is there another ep where they performed this song? I can't recall. Rolling Eyes

The second pic shows the outfits first used in the third season -- didn't they wear them in the season opener (the ep where Keith vs. Laurie and Keith was battling Goose and Laurie ends up flipping him in defense) performing God Bless You, Girl in the outdoor bandshell? I think so....
Skizzy Fleameyer
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:20 pm    Post subject: Second Season Costumes Reply with quote

Sorry....I was talkin' out my Silenced . I thought I recalled them performing that song wearing those outfits. I must have been in a tequila frenzy Think
But hey Joey...good memory there...sharp as a tack!
Greely Winger
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JoeySoCal wrote:
The second pic shows the outfits first used in the third season -- didn't they wear them in the season opener (the ep where Keith vs. Laurie and Keith was battling Goose and Laurie ends up flipping him in defense) performing God Bless You, Girl in the outdoor bandshell? I think so....

They look like funiture covers. Laughing

Darryl
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee, I liked those costumes, perhaps my favorite. To each his own I guess! Cool They were used to good effect IMHO in the photo session which included the pic used for the Japan Gold album cover. Very Happy
Lu groovychick1970
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
They look like funiture covers.

That is hilarious Darryl! They DO look like apholstery! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I like all of them, but my faves are the red and blue. I loved them so much, I even wore one on TV! But I didn't get paid, so that makes me even MORE pathetic! Shocked

Lu <----------'who definetly needs a LIFE' Nerdychick
Quote:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: