[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Colour Change of the costumes
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lauralambert
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:18 pm    Post subject: Colour Change of the costumes Reply with quote

I was just watching, the episode "Why Did The Music Stop?" today and all of a sudden during the song "I'm Here, You're Here" Danny, Shirley and Keith are suddenly wearing brown outfits and white shirts. Has anybody else noticed this or am I the only one to notice this. It's the first episode on the third disc.

Laura
Skizzy Fleameyer
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject: The Velvet Suits Reply with quote

Hey, that is a good question....what IS the chronology of the 'performance outfits" ? I remember the Red crushed velvet of course. Then they also had the Blue crushed velvet suits or were they dark green?
There was also the ones that looked like the were made out of 'curtains' from season 2. the ones that I had a 'problem' with were the ones that had the 'cloud design'. Didn't they were some that used clouds as a design? So exactly how many different outfits did they wear? I also remember (okay, not "REMEMBER", but noticed in the episode where
Danny believes he's 'da bomb!'), that the women in the family were wearing these beret type hats. What was up with that? So here is my ending question...do the clothes the family picked up for the "Skunk Episode" count as outfits? Shirley sure looked HOT Drool Whistle Applause Dancing
LisaF63
Reuben's Client
Reuben's Client

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edit

Last edited by LisaF63 on Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Skizzy Fleameyer
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:04 am    Post subject: Shirl's Legs Reply with quote

AMEN to that! Wink Cool Dancing
lauralambert
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:28 am    Post subject: Colour change of the costumes Reply with quote

Did anyone notice, while watching the third DVD of season one, that Shirley, Keith and Danny are suddenly wearing brown outfits with white shirts? or am I the only one that has noticed this. I think this is the first time that this has happened, maybe the inevitable has happened I need to get a replacement copy of season one, or I need my eyes testing.

davidfan36
Lil' Lizzie Partridge05
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

Location: Either in SanPueblo,CA or getting on the bus being driven by the lovely Shirley to the next gig

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sure didn't notice it. I gues I was sooo into the song and the mood that I didn't even notice. STUPID LIZZIE!! And, SHirley DID look really good in that outfit in the "Skunk Episode". No one can deny that.
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They never had brown (velour) outfits! What ep are you referring to?? I want to check this out. Probably just your TV's color/hue needs adjusting! Very Happy
Lil' Lizzie Partridge05
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

Location: Either in SanPueblo,CA or getting on the bus being driven by the lovely Shirley to the next gig

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol that's probably why we never noticed.
lauralambert
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:47 pm    Post subject: Colour change of the costumes Reply with quote

The episode I am referring to is "Why Did The Music Stop?". Maybe you're right but I think I may need to get a new copy of the first season, because this did not happen when I first got my copy. Oh well I guess I'll have to buy another copy, and hope that the same thing does not happen again.

Laura
Lil' Lizzie Partridge05
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel bad 4 u.. lol

lizzie
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laura, was it the scene where they performed I'm Here, You're Here?? Those are the green velour costumes with the yellow shirts!

I seriously doubt it's the DVD or disc itself but rather your set needing a simple adjustment of the tint or "hue" controls! Hope that helps! Very Happy
KathySTL
Official Partridge-in-Training
Official Partridge-in-Training

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JoeySoCal wrote:
<snip>

I seriously doubt it's the DVD or disc itself but rather your set needing a simple adjustment of the tint or "hue" controls! Hope that helps! Very Happy

At least now I know how to check the settings on my TV too. Somebody told me once that the color guns in projection TV's shift bad after awhile.
I don't know if they were trying to sell me service contracts or not, so this will be the way to test it

Thanks Gang!
Lu groovychick1970
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:08 pm    Post subject: Colors Reply with quote

Maybe it's the horizontal hold?

Laughing
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lu, you kill me! Laughing
Dancing
Lu groovychick1970
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I'm here for, Joey! Mr. Green

Anyone remember the ugly caps the girls wore in one episode of season one? Good grief.

Lu Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: