[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

The Clock and Posters in Keith's room

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lauralambert
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:04 pm    Post subject: The Clock and Posters in Keith's room Reply with quote

Whenever there is a shot of Keith's room, they always show the clock. What I want to know did the clock actually work or was it just for show and, another thing I want to know about are the posters, what were the posters about, were they just the average posters that an average teenager boy would have in his room?

This has been puzzling me even when I used to watch the Partridge Family in the seventies. There is one last thing that I am curious about, why was only one curtain only ever closed in Danny and Chris' room and, the clock never worked in their room either, it always said the same time.

Laura Lambert
Lu groovychick1970
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:07 pm    Post subject: Keith's Room Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure one of the posters was of Jimi Hendrix, one of DC's personal faves.

Very Happy
Lainey
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In 'This is my Song' when Shirley asks Keith to write 'the worlds worst song' I sure the clock says about 7:30 but Danny and Chris are in bed. I know there's no way I would have gotten any of my children to go to bed that early at age 10 Laughing
lauralambert
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:59 am    Post subject: The Clock and Posters in Keith's room Reply with quote

I was quite often in bed at 7:30, when I was ten but I was allowed to stay up late on Wednesday nights, when MASH was on then I went to bed at nine but when I was fourteen I went to bed at 8:00 but now I go to bed when I'm - which funnily enough is 7:00 maybe it's because I'm older and I need a lot more sleep than I did when I was younger.

Does anybody else know what, the posters are in the on Keith's bedroom walls?

Laura
imaginedani
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh i'm pretty sure Jimi Hendrix poster is in there, a psychadelic one too. I guess they were the average boy kinda posters; a boy who loves rock n roll and is a bit of a hippie, sure.

the whole bedtime thing, i always notice when its late and Danny and Keith are talking in Dannys room (shirleys bday with the pin and the very last episode) and chris isn't in bed!

C'mon GET HAPPY! Smile
Skizzy Fleameyer
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject: Chris And Danny's Room Reply with quote

Here's my question....in Danny & Chris' room, which is supposed to be on the second floor. There is a huge bank safe in their room. Now if this were a real house, how in the world would they get a safe that size in that room? How would they support the weight? Yeah i know it is a TV show....but c'mon..... d'oh! Anxious
Lil' Lizzie Partridge05
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

Location: Either in SanPueblo,CA or getting on the bus being driven by the lovely Shirley to the next gig

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAHAHA!! Nice. I can just see Mr. Partridge (whatever he looked like) and Shirley maybe even Keith pulling that stupid thing up the stairs. lol
Lainey
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe that's how Mr P died - the safe fell on top of him Laughing Laughing Laughing
Lil' Lizzie Partridge05
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

Location: Either in SanPueblo,CA or getting on the bus being driven by the lovely Shirley to the next gig

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one. lol
Stuckinthe'70s
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:33 pm    Post subject: bedrooms Reply with quote

Speaking of bedrooms, I've always wondered how they manipulate Keith's bed so he can sink into it in "I Can Get It For You Retail." The sound effects are as though he's falling into a beanbag chair. The visual effect is excellent--it looks as though the bed is solid until he tries to sit on it, but I wonder what they did. Any thoughts? Just two foam cushions cut in half so he can fall through the gap?
imaginedani
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol at Lainey

C'mon GET HAPPY! Smile
lauralambert
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:48 am    Post subject: Keith's bedroom Reply with quote

I have seen this episode "I Can Get It For You At Retail" on Bravo, a few years ago. I'm sure that when Keith sat on the bed it sounded as thought the sound effect was cardboard boxes falling down. I don't know what anybody else thinks, maybe I was hearing things.
pfan005
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:29 am    Post subject: The Clocks&Posters in Keith's Room Reply with quote

Huh. I never noticed the clocks & posters!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: