[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

The Resistance (Round-robin)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Partridge Round-Robin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CharmedPartridge
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:41 pm    Post subject: The Resistance (Round-robin) Reply with quote

Hi.

Here, is the Resistance. It involves Keith, Laurie, Chris, and Tracy Partridge, along with Prue, Piper, and Phoebe, and various heroes, and asks 'What if Superman went evil, and who can stop him?' Here it is...

DISCLAIMER: None of these people are mine…I’d be in Tahiti if they were. They Belong to, respectively…DC Comics, Saban, Columbia Pictures, and Warner Brothers. Inspired by an upcoming Superman/Batman story arc. First…all the heroes…

The Batman (Bruce Wayne)
Wonder Woman (Princess Diana)
Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
Hawkman (Katar Hol)
Hawkwoman (Shayera Thal)
The Flash (Wally West)
Martian Manhunter
Isis (Andrea Thomas)
Nightwing (Dick Grayson)
Troia (Donna Troy)
Tempest
Arsenal(Roy Harper)
Starfire
Raven
Cyborg (Victor Stone)
Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner)
Green Arrow (both Oliver Queen and Connor Hawke)
Keith Partridge(Red ThunderCat)
Laurie Partridge(Pink ThunderCat)
Christopher Partridge(Black ThunderCat)
Tracy Partridge(Yellow ThunderCat)
Prue Halliwell
Piper Halliwell
Phoebe Halliwell
Jill Munroe
Kelly Garrett
Sabrina Duncan
Julie Rogers
Kris Munroe
Robin (Tim Drake)
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers:
Jason Lee Scott
Trini Kwan
Zack Taylor
Kimberly Hart
Tommy Oliver
Samantha Dean
Billy Cranston (students and proteges of the JLA)

Plus: Cameos by the Zeo Rangers, Dino Thunder Rangers, Space Rangers, Outsiders, Wild Force Rangers, Young Justice, & others.

THE RESISTANCE (a round-robin story)
CHAPTER 1
By: C.A. Turner

Robin stood in the Halliwell mansion along with Prue, Piper, and Phoebe. None of them could believe that they helped bring back true freedom to the United States. However, it was a crushing blow to Phoebe; she truly looked up to Superman. "Man, of all people to get turned that far...and go that bad. And we had to take him down. I still can't..."Phoebe's voice began to break.

Robin tried to comfort her, knowing she lost 2 men she cared about; the other was former DA Cole Turner, who was once an evil demon named Belthazaar, but he rejected his past because of his love for the youngest Halliwell. " I know you don't want to hear this, but if it weren't for Cole...none of us would be here. We owe him our lives.

There was a knock on the door. Piper went to answer, and at the door were the remaining members of the Justice League. "Can we come in?" Hawkman asked.

Piper invited the heroes inside, and Prue made everyone comfortable. Green Lantern spoke up "How is everyone?"

Laurie Partridge, the Pink ThunderCat, spoke for her brothers and sisters when she said "Just a little stunned. I don't think we expected to become superheroes."

Chris asked "Why didn't Danny become a ThunderCat? He's our brother."

Zack looked at the Black ThunderCat. "Zordon would have to answer that.

Kimberly Hart spoke up. "I think we should take a moment to remember all those who are now gone...including Superman." the Pink Ranger said, looking at Phoebe.

Holding Zack Taylor's hand, Prue smiled. "Sounds good to me. We should remember all of our friends, alive or..." she stopped, not wanting to use the word 'dead'. It sounded so...final.

Wonder Woman spoke. "The ceremony is in Metropolis, where he made his home before... Black Canary, Flash, Isis, Hawkwoman, the rest of the Power Rangers, and the Angels are already there." Oddly enough, for Wonder Woman, 2 good things came out of this: One: she got her mother back. Hippolyta was not supposed to die in the Impiriex war, so she was restored. Two: she and Batman had grown closer together.

Leo arrived, ready to orb everyone to Metropolis. "Is this everyone?" the Blue ThunderCat asked, also wondering why Danny wasn't in this costume.

Piper hugged her husband. "Let's do this. You all realize the country still has to rebuild itself from what happened?"

"Whatever this country needs, we'll be there. Let's roll." Batman spoke, as they soon were covered in white light, on their way to Metropolis.

Isis, Flash, and the Titans were already there, and waiting for the rest of the heroes, as they were soon joined by Jill Munroe, Kelly Garrett, Sabrina Duncan, and Julie Rogers. Kris, Jill's sister, made it quite clear she didn't want to be at the memorial, and didn't
mince any words about it.

Sabrina walked up to Connor Hawke. This had hit him hard. He lost his father, Oliver Queen, got him back, only to lose him again. She didn't quite know what to say to him, and as she fumbled around for an answer, the other heroes arrived on the scene.

The ceremony started right then, with the President speaking. While he did, Batman reflected on how, despite the battle they had gone through, there were only one casualty on their side, and no innocents were lost. Superman and Aquaman had gone to the dark side, and had to be dealt with. It still didn't make it any easier.

In her 2 years as the Yellow ThunderCat, Tracy Partridge had seen the bad side of people, and decided to use her new powers to help, rather than hurt innocents. She had a sneaking suspicion this is why Danny wasn't chosen.

Diana thought about who they had lost...and if things had been different, would they had been able to keep him from doing what he did. She then put such thoughs out of her head, and reflected on a man who once was more nobly thought of as...the Man Of Tomorrow...and how this sad episode all began…

2 years ago…
As Prue and Piper were discovering new powers, Lex Luthor, who had seized the Presidency of the United States, was on the verge of starting a war with Qurac, and was about to set down embargoes against Kasnia for disagreeing with him. America was divided on the issue of going to war, but evidence had been found that would stop this from going any further. Luthor, however, wouldn’t hear any of it, and was about to launch nuclear missiles against both Qurac and Kasnia.

Invading the White House, Morphin Rangers Kimberly Hart, Zack Taylor, Trini Kwan, Tommy Oliver, and Jason Lee Scott, along with Red ThunderCat Keith Partridge, joined Green Lantern, Batman, Wonder Woman, and Superman. The Rangers stopped the Putties, Batman nailed most of the guards, Wonder Woman deflected all shots, and GL nailed some of the more rogue Secret Service,and Keith was making short work of the drones with his broadsword, leaving the Man Of Steel to confront the President in the Oval Office. “This wasn’t enough for you, was it? Now we’re on the brink of another World War! Are you happy now?”

“This was truly unfortunate, but it can still work. Stay out of my way.”

“I should have put a stop to this 4 years ago!” Superman shouts, “No, I had to follow the will of the people, no matter how wrong!”

Luthor sneers “Don’t give me that! You love playing the hero! You love the applause, the glory, the fame and adulation! Without me, you’re nothing! And don’t try to say you aren’t addicted to this! I know you better than you think!” At this point, Keith charged towards the Oval office.

Superman looked down at the carpet. “I did enjoy it. All of it.” But then his anger rose, and he looked at Luthor, snarling “…but if this is where it leads…then I’m done with it!” He then glared at Luthor, and activated his heat vision, just as the Red ThunderCat entered the office, screaming "SUPERMAN, NO!"

The battle was done in 22 minutes. GL, Batman, Wonder Woman, and the Morphin Rangers got together when Jason asks “You smell something burning?”

The heroes charged into the Oval Office, where a horrible sight greeted them. The charred remains of President Lex Luthor slumped over his desk about to push the button, Superman standing over the remains, expressionless, as Keith looked at the other heroes, a horrified look on his face. For the 1st time since he was 9, he fell into Wonder Woman's arms, sobbing "I can't believe he did this.".

Kimberly & Trini gasped, Zack was thunderstruck, Tommy gasped “Oh, my God!” and Hal was speechless. Even Batman was at a loss for words. The biggest surprise reaction came from Jason, who just looked at everyone, and said plainly, “Had to be done.”

Making sure Keith was alright, Wonder Woman put a hand on Superman’s shoulder. “How do you feel?”

Superman looked at the team, and to everyone’s surprise, smiled, and told them “I’m terrific!”

2 months later…
“Has anyone spoken to Superman? He seems to be going from bad to worse.” Hawkman asked the team at the latest JLA meeting.

“Now what? We were just talking about his trashing an entire nuclear submarine. He told the press that he gave all those aboard time to get off, but still…” Billy Cranston mused.

“You think he may be going off the deep end?” Isis asked.

“I’d rather think not. But, if he is…” Jason thought.

Laurie looked at her older brother. "What do you think?"

Keith spoke "Even at his most obsessed, Batman didn't scare me as much as that day.

The Flash raced in then. “Guys, turn on the tube! You won’t believe it!”

Everyone watched as, to their horror, both Superman and Aquaman had declared themselves in control of the United States, and ordered Martial Law, effective immediately. The heroes gasped as Superman declared “And thus begins a brave new day for the United States!”
"And so it begins..."Keith frowned.
TO BE CONTINUED!

Well, what do you think? Anyone want to add to this? Let me know.
Lil' Lizzie Partridge05
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

Location: Either in SanPueblo,CA or getting on the bus being driven by the lovely Shirley to the next gig

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is cool but i need a little more time to think in order to add to this one it's good!!

Lizzie
Sheriffswell

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: Resistance Reply with quote

This is an interesting story though I'm not really a comic book buff. I am familiar enough with many of the characters though.

I found this a little difficult to follow. How do the Partridge kids become superheros? I especially found the flash backs and fast forwards to be confusing.

A general rule of "Round Robin" stories is for the first writer to lay down the first scene introducing the characters and general plot. It is then up to other writers to expand on it. Please keep that in mind with future installments.

I think I'll hold off contributing until I see how this is flowing and try to add something later on!

Ed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Partridge Round-Robin All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: