[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

C'mon Get Happy:Fear and Loathing of Partridge Family Bus
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Cast!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lauralambert
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:23 am    Post subject: C'mon Get Happy:Fear and Loathing of Partridge Family Bus Reply with quote

I have just received a copy of the the above book. It is a book about the years that David spent on the Partridge Family and the touring years. It is a really enjoyable read and, David does not pull any punches about what really happened on the tours.

I have got up to chapter ten, but certainly what I have read so far has been very interesting reading. It is a real insight into what his life was really like then, and whilst reading this book I have suddenly seen a new side to David, or rather I am suddenly seeing David Cassidy in a new light and, that he wasn't the same as the person he portrayed in the series The Partridge Family. This is just half of my comments on the book, but most certainly if you have not bought this book, then I suggest you buy it. It can be bought from www.Amazon.co.uk or the equivalent in the US. If you want to read about the real David Cassidy get this book it certainly is worth reading.

Laura
CassidyDiva
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:54 am    Post subject: David's Book Reply with quote

I got it when it first came out & I liked certain parts of it, but I would have liked to read about the behind-the-scenes antics on the set & in the recording studio, especially during the RCA years
http://facffanclub.netfreehost.com/index.php?mforum=facffanclub
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, this book is pretty old now. I remember David saying he wasn't too pleased with the final edit, too. Lots of stuff missing, etc.
smgmtman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:15 pm    Post subject: Never believe what you read. Reply with quote

David and I hometown is NYC matter of fact not more than 2 miles from each other, the managment companies carefully shape the public opinion of star for thier purposes this is no secret.

He has nothing to lose about exposing the past, why it is quite refreshing to see a star strip off the management hype.

I wish Susan would do the same.

Cassidy was the show's breakout star, but he was not a prima donna. He liked his co-workers, and had a discrete affair with his TV sister, Susan Dey. But he hated the Partridge Family scripts and music, and unlike his Keith Partridge character, Cassidy had actually been raised in the 1960s, had been to Haight-Ashbury, and had smoked marijuana, and done mescaline, THC, speed, LSD and heroin. Musically, he preferred rock'n'roll that had something to say over the saccharine sound of the Partridges. He reportedly once went to the offices of Tiger Beat magazine and pleaded with them not to put his picture on the cover, as he wanted to be an actor, not another Bobby Shermanesque teen heartthrob.
PJ
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
He has nothing to lose about exposing the past, why it is quite refreshing to see a star strip off the management hype.

I wish Susan would do the same.

Yeah, we know that's your wish. If Susan chooses not to correct details about her personal life that you allege were fabricated in 1970, that's her right. I can't fathom why it gets under your skin. Doesn't bother me. As a matter of fact, if these fabrications in any way protect her family's privacy, I say good on Susan.
smgmtman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:50 pm    Post subject: With the onset of Internet Reply with quote

There is no privacy, why look at all the fee payed (find information sites).

So as you see, including today stars it is impossible to have such secrecy.

Its a thing of the past.

Its a terrible thing to know them however, in lieu of years that has gone by.
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enough is enough. Your psychotic pablum serves no purpose here. Won't you be kind enough to take your ramblings elsewhere? I'm sure I'm not the only one who would appreciate it.
smgmtman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:35 pm    Post subject: Gee, if it smells like flaming it must be flaming. Reply with quote

If you do not like, then do not read.

So far 3 has taken interest and have IM, a most excellent chat.

Please refrain from such flaming.
PJ
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joey, I don't think is psychotic pablum, I think he speaks in haiku. Smile
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smgmtman, if "So far 3 has taken interest and have IM, a most excellent chat." then continue your discussions in private chat and not here. As you can see, from the responses posted, people are not enjoying it.
lauralambert
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:41 pm    Post subject: C'mon Get Happy:Fear and Loathing of Partridge Family Bus Reply with quote

I have just finished reading the above book, and I think what I have read is a very frank, open and no punches held book. David was very open about the fact he took drugs and later, on in his life was drinking more - just like his father and smoked as well. Quite frankly I haven't read a more honest book since reading the Donny Osmond and Erik Estrada autobiographies which were just as frank as this was. I would have liked to read more about the behind the scenes of the Partridge Family and what, really happened when David and Danny just took off in the PF bus.

Laura
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smgmtman, as you'll notice I deleted your last post. I have no idea what you are trying to prove, but I am going to ask you one last time to continue your discussions with whomever is interested, in private chat and not here. It is most inapproriate for you to be offering personal information about cast members or their families on this or any other website. I don't care if you have an address and phone number for Osama Bin Laden -- don't ever post information like that again.

I will agree with you on one thing: "With the internet, there is no privacy". That's how stalkers find their prey, and why people like Rebecca Schaeffer are dead. So, when people come out of the blue with cryptic messages written in some form of shorthand, offering personal information on a cast member's family, then red flags are sent up like fireworks. With that being said, I'm sure you can understand why people find your messages very offsetting.

Let me also say that this is MY site and YOU do NOT make the rules. So telling me "if you do not like then do not read" ain't gonna fly. You can either abide by the guidelines and wishes of the webmasters or you can go elsewhere.

Last edited by Scott on Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smgmtman, perhaps we haven't been direct enough, so to be clear, your registration on this board will be deleted if you post ANY more cryptic posts about Susan, or any more personal information about her or her family. If you are looking to make contact with Susan, this isn't the place - period. Again, one more post like those before, and you are gone.
lauralambert
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:53 am    Post subject: Apologie Reply with quote

I am very sorry for the recent messages, which on my part were hurtful to everyone else, so I promise in future I will not submit anymore messages like this again. Am I forgiven now Scott? I think I will just go back to looking at the words of the PF songs okay.

Laura
Very ashamed and apologetic PF/DC fan
Amy from Boston
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laura, this isn't about you! You didn't say anythng wrong! Don't worry. Very Happy Most of us read DC"s book when it came out, and discussed it a lot then. I am glad you discovered it and now have a balanced view of DC's life. It's good to know even idols are human and have had their struggles and made mistakes. We were all a little surprised by some of DC's stories, but we grew up a little closer to that time, and know how free people were with sex and drugs and rock and roll!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Cast! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: