[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

The ring that David wore in PF
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Cast!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lainey
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:59 am    Post subject: The crest ring Reply with quote

I know David wasn't wearing it in 2002 when he toured the UK. For some reason I have a feeling it went missing in 2001 but I can't remember where I read it. I only 'rediscovered' him then and it was too late to get tickets to his shows here that year Sad so I don't know if he was wearing the ring or not at those shows.
35yearPFFan!
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:59 am    Post subject: Ring David Wore on PF. Reply with quote

Laughing Hey Skizzy!! I would love to have a copy of your pic with David if possible. I don't know if you stillhave the negative or not but would love to have a pic a real pic, that is of someone with David to add to my photo album other than the pics I have from magazines over the years. Please post a response or privately e-mail me.

Thanks,

Pat
imaginedani
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, how confusing!

C'mon GET HAPPY! Smile
Tricia

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:31 am    Post subject: DC's Ring Reply with quote

Hey Confused

I thought DC just lost that ring just recently, but did anyone ever return it to him?

Just curious
Confused

Last edited by Tricia on Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:02 am; edited 2 times in total
Skizzy Fleameyer
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:00 pm    Post subject: Dave's Ring Reply with quote

The first time I ever went to a Cassidy signing was at Tower Records years ago for the signing of his self titled CD. When I shook his hand I gently turned his hand over to look at his ring, and he let me do it.
It was a gorgeous ring. Just amazing. I would be totally heartbroken as well if it turned up missing. The next time I got to see it again up close, was at his book signing. Didn't have the same impact as the first time, but cool to see again just the same. Up close that is. It is the fact that I had been seeing that ring for what....25 years at that time? It was kind of like seeing an artifact. You know what the drag thing about that whole thing is? Someone out there has it...or someone out there DOESN'T know that they have it. If it has been sold or something like that. Crying or Very sad
stevechapman
Laurie's Classmate
Laurie's Classmate

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:59 am    Post subject: David's Ring. Reply with quote

David's ring was stolen. and by someone who had direct access to him and his dressing room. David offered a reward for it's return with no questions asked, but i don't believe it ever showed up. I got the news from "The Just David International Fan Club" when the ring came up missing. This of course was before David 's official website and Fan club were set up. It's still really sad. I still can't remember the Time Frame , But I think it was while he was doing Blood Brothers in New York.
FOTCPREZ

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: David's Ring. Reply with quote

stevechapman wrote:
David's ring was stolen. and by someone who had direct access to him and his dressing room. David offered a reward for it's return with no questions asked, but i don't believe it ever showed up. I got the news from "The Just David International Fan Club" when the ring came up missing. This of course was before David 's official website and Fan club were set up. It's still really sad. I still can't remember the Time Frame , But I think it was while he was doing Blood Brothers in New York.

No I think it was on his tour post-Copa, slightly before the Greek concert
PJ
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The timeline is easy to clear up. He sent out a press release about the ring shortly after he re-launched his website in July 2001.

------------------------

Copyright 2001 N.Y.P. Holdings, Inc. All rights reserved.
The New York Post

July 12, 2001, Thursday

David Cassidy wants his Cassidy family crest ring back - and he's offering $50,000 to anyone who returns the heirloom.

The "Partridge Family" star was given the ring by his late father, Jack Cassidy, who also doled out the rings to sons Shaun, Patrick and Ryan. Cassidy thinks he lost the ring or it was stolen from his dressing room (he's currently on a concert tour).

David is the eldest of Jack Cassidy's sons, and was given the ring - engraved with a personal message - when he turned 21. He wants to eventually pass it down to his son, Beau, who's 10.

David's mom is actress Evelyn Ward. Shirley Jones, who played Shirley Partridge on "The Partridge Family," is the mother of the other three Cassidy boys.

-------------

Here's what he said about the ring to the Hollywood Reporter on July 16, 2001:

Quote:
THR: Are you asking your online fans to help find the ring you lost, which you are offering a $50,000 reward for?

Cassidy: Yes. A picture will be up on the site. My father made a ring with what turned out to be a bogus family crest on it. He gave it to me for my 21st birthday, with an inscription in it. I don't know where or when it was stolen; it's just gone. And it's the only thing I have that my father gave me. It's only worth about $2,500. He subsequently made one for himself and for his brothers and sisters and all my family.
PazJD
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In 1999 Patrick's ring was stolen - along with his and his wife's wedding rings, by some contractors that were working on their home renovations.
Then two years later David reported that his ring also was stolen while on tour in 2001. None of the rings were ever found or returned.
Patrick said that he figured the rings were melted down by the thieves for the gold. He and his wife got new wedding rings for themselves to replace the ones taken.
PazJD
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David had stopped wearing his ring in the late 90's due to he said the arthritis in his hands making the ring very tight at times, and also because he wanted to save it to give to his son Beau when he turned 21.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Cast! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: