[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

What is your all time favorite episode of the PF?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeoffB40
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to add in my previous post that my favourite episode is "Fellini Bergman and Partridge" where Keith makes his 8mm movie. A close second would be the sex-education episode "Everything you ever wanted to know about sex, but were afraid to ask". It's really hard to narrow it down to just one episode when there are 96 great ones to choose from!
MobyDick15
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite episode would have to be "Don't Bring Your Guns to Town, Santa" because of what Keith does as Sheriff Swell is so funny. My favorite thing that he says in the episode is I guess I'll lick my lolly later. A close second would have to be "Fellini, Bergman, and Partridge" because when Reuben walks in wearing that dress I just crack up laughing. It's so funny.
Skizzy
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keith and Lauriebelle from season 4 Very Happy
KDP613
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, it would have to be the sex ed show and they one where Shirley and Laurie go camping and Keith, Danny and Reuben go to "rescue" them. My favorite line in the camping show is when Reuben says, "I'd have to get better to die." Laughing
Skizzy Fleameyer
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject: Fave Episodes Reply with quote

Ooooh, that's a tough one. Since I haven't seen the series in quite awhile,
with the exception of Seasons 1 & 2 being on DVD. So since my memory is not what it used to be, I will limit my answer to the Seasons on DVD. From Season 1 it would have to be "Danny And The Mob", "Soul Club" and "Knight In Shining Armour". From Season 2 "Don't Bring Your Guns To Town" (even though I haven't seen it yet!), "Where Do Mermaids Go?" & All's War, In Love And Fairs" Hey Skizzy...hope you had a good birthday. I recieved a few birthday greetings, I redirected them to you!
lauralambert
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:31 am    Post subject: What is your all time favourite episode of the PF? Reply with quote

I have to say my all time favourite, PF episode is "I Can Get For Retail". I saw it once on The Night Network programme. I think that there are some really, good lines in that episode in particular "It all started when I lost my pickle!". When DC said that line I laughed so much I was in tears, I'm even laughing now as I'm typing this out. Laughing

There are some gems in that episode and, when I buy season two of the PF I'm sure, there will be other episodes which will stand out. As for season one I think my all time fave episode is the one where Danny gets drafted into the army. I don't know what everyone else thinks

Laura Lambert
Maidstone, Kent
thresa1959
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, it's from season 1 "My son the feminist. I liked the girlfriend plot line and "I Think I Love You is in that episode. I think David's best acting came from an episode I think in the 4th season, which I can't remember the name, but it's the one where Kieth tries to take over as man of the family, and the other five backfire on him with a prank of phoney outrageous problems. It makes him understand and appreciate Shirley and the final scene where they have the touching mother-son conversation is just that - very touching.
lauralambert
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 6:08 am    Post subject: My All Time PF Episode Reply with quote

For me it's got to be, the very first episode of season two Dora! Dora! Dora! I think this episode is really good because there, are so many funny lines in it like for instance when Shirley comes back from seeing Doras' father and, the kids ask her if she managed to tell her father that Dora is not very talented, Shirley says that Mr Kelly and her talked about a lot of things to which Danny replies "Don't tell me you and Mr Kelly are going steady", there are many more good lines in this episode but I can't remember them but this is my favourite episode from the second season.

From the first season my favourite episode is, most definately the skunk episode "The Memory Lingers On" I liked the bit when the family try to take a bath in the hotel and, the manager calls the police, once again I have never laughed so much in all my life. The most memorable line from this episode is when Reuben asks Keith if he is still polluted, to which he replies "Yes but I wish you wouldn't, put it like that"

I'm sure other people, have got their favourites but these are my two favourites from seasons one and two. Roll on seasons three and four I hope!

Laura Lambert
IloveKeith
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MobyDick15 wrote:
My favorite episode would have to be "Don't Bring Your Guns to Town, Santa" because of what Keith does as Sheriff Swell is so funny. My favorite thing that he says in the episode is I guess I'll lick my lolly later. A close second would have to be "Fellini, Bergman, and Partridge" because when Reuben walks in wearing that dress I just crack up laughing. It's so funny.

Yeah I love that episode "Don't Bring Your Guns to Town, Santa" and I love Keith in that episode, and when he sings "I guess I'll lick my lolly later." I also love when he sings "He's bluffing with a pair of sevens" while they're playing poker. It's a classic. And when Mean Sid steals the bell and Laurie (i don't know her character's name in that episode) comes in and says "someone stole the bell, Bell" and Sheriff Swell says "what's a bell Bell, Bell?" hahahahha I just love it! and I think the end is sad (a happy kind of sad) when they sing "Have yourself a Merry little Christmas" to Charlie. I cried. I'm very emotional.
IloveKeith
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thresa1959 wrote:
For me, it's from season 1 "My son the feminist. I liked the girlfriend plot line and "I Think I Love You is in that episode. I think David's best acting came from an episode I think in the 4th season, which I can't remember the name, but it's the one where Kieth tries to take over as man of the family, and the other five backfire on him with a prank of phoney outrageous problems. It makes him understand and appreciate Shirley and the final scene where they have the touching mother-son conversation is just that - very touching.

I think you're confussed with the episode from the second season called "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Partridge" that's the one where he takes responsibility as man of the house. Yeah that's a great episode.
NancyT501
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, this is an impossible question to answer with sooooo many great episodes! I especially like "This Male Chauvinist Piggy Went to Market" from Season 3 when Keith and Laurie have a battle of the sexes. Of course Laurie beats Keith in everything and then fights Keith's fight in front of the whole school by flipping Goose to defend him. I love the part when Laurie says "You know what they're calling me at school? Flip Wilson!" and Keith replies "You know what they're calling me? Geraldine!" Hilarious stuff from Susan and David! I also love "God Bless You Girl". I remember Suzanne really getting into it with her triangle or tambourine in that song!

I also love "Swiss Family Partridge" when the family and Reuben are stranded in the cabin (so many great insults back and forth and classic Reuben), "Keith and Lauriebelle" (Mother Culpepper Smile ), "The Partridge Papers" (Keith: "Will you quit acting like Peter Pan and get up there!" and Laurie crawling through the vents LOL!) and "I Can Get It For You Retail" (a classic, plus love that performance on top of the bus-that must have been kind of scary up there. Not a lot of room for error!).

What a great show! We've got to get Seasons 3 and 4!!! (Fingers crossed!)

Nancy Smile
Stephanie
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:16 pm    Post subject: What is your all time favorite episode of the PF? Reply with quote

My fav all-time epi is " A Knight in Shining Armor" from season 1. I just love everything about it..the music, the story, the characters, it had, for me a Room 222(another show I was digging at the time) vibe going on 8)

Steph Smile
Stephanie
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NancyT501 wrote:

Quote:
I also love "Swiss Family Partridge" when the family and Reuben are stranded in the cabin (so many great insults back and forth and classic Reuben),

I love that episode and it has one of my all-time favorite insults from Laurie to hapless brother Keith who, when expressing concern about water rationing after it has been raining for like 3 days receives from Laurie a response along the lines of..."Your right Keith, we do need to ration our water...Your ration is Lake Erie Razz

(Not sure if I got the particular Lake right..but any lake makes it funny Laughing )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: