[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Harry Potter New book don't read if you haven't read the bo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mishwhocannotlogon
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:00 am    Post subject: Harry Potter New book don't read if you haven't read the bo Reply with quote

OK so who else is sick of all this BAD news. I mean the woman's a millionare could she bring it up a knotch? Who the heck is Harry going to have now? UGH! Why do I fall for this author's crap. Ever since the fourth book ,the death of Cedrick, I've been disappointed. I'M a sucker for a happy ending, which hopefully she'll write one.
KathySTL
Official Partridge-in-Training

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't finished the book yet, so I don't know who you are saying dies.
It has been publicized that a major death does occur in this book. I'm guessng she's trying to keep the stakes high for the final book seven.

I'll know more after I have finished the book. Been very busy so haven't been able to devote the reading time I need. Gotta finish before PF season2 come out don't I? Wink
LisaF63
Reuben's Client
Reuben's Client

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit

Last edited by LisaF63 on Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Greely Winger
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't even read the first book (although Cheng has read all 6 of them)
I have a hard time starting on a novel.
I much prefer instructional books.
I love sitting down with a cup of coffee & looking through one of my books on ebay. It's almost like working on my collection. Razz

Darryl
Mishwhocannotlogon
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:57 pm    Post subject: Same Reply with quote

I'm still reading it, but my son read it first. He's only nine and gives in to my prodding. He handed me the book and said,"It's a very sad ending mom." So I kept up a guessing game to find out who dies, I won't say as not everyone has read it yet. I was pissed at first and considered (for about one second) not even reading the book. But now I'm kind of glad I know as I won't be balling my eyes out as I was for the 4th and 5th books. I realize she;s (the author) trying to build up for more books and everything can't always be peachy, but this book has an awfully large amount of student murders. Maybe she should go on anti-depreesants before she writes the next one. Rolling Eyes My son started reading them in January (starting with book one) While I'm impressed that he managed to read an 850 page book in one week, I worry that they have become too violent for him. Students are killed and there's not much reflection.
Stuckinthe'70s
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject: Harry Potter Reply with quote

How cool that there are other Harry Potter fans on this site.
Maybe we're all children at heart.
Lainey
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:23 am    Post subject: Harry Potter Reply with quote

I just love the Harry Potter books, infact it was me who encouraged my children to start reading them. I read the latest in 3 days, couldn't put it down. My eldest is on book 4 but that's because everytime a new book comes out he starts reading through all the prevoius books first!
I don't think he's dead, I think it's a ploy to fool the 'other side'. I think there are a lot of twists and turns which will be explained in the final book especially regarding Snape. Better not say anymore just in case I spoil it for anyone who hasn't read it.
As an aside we were on holiday in the States (west coast and Hawaii) in 2003 and we were sat next to this bloke in a bar in San Francisco who had a copy of the Order of the Pheonix with him and it stared off a great conversation with a total stranger.
Wonderful holiday BTW.
KathySTL

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
don't think he's dead, I think it's a ploy to fool the 'other side'. I think there are a lot of twists and turns which will be explained in the final book especially regarding Snape

I agree that it had to happen to fool the other side, not sure whether real or not, build up for big finale of 7th book. most definitley.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: