[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

The David Cassidy Story
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lauralambert
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:30 am    Post subject: The David Cassidy Story Reply with quote

I have recently purchased the DC story on DVD and I would just like to say that I think it is terrific, the actor they got to play David Cassidy was brilliant and I also thought it was great that David came on at the end of the film to sing with the actor who portrayed him in the film. There are a few things that I would just like to say about the film so here goes:

1. I personally think the actress who played Shirley Jones was not very good but the Malcolm McDowell who played Jack Cassidy was very good.

2. I don't know if I am wrong but I am sure that David Cassidy did his farewell concert in 1975 I am sure that someone will correct me on this point.

3. I would finally like to say on the whole I really enjoyed watching the film of David Cassidy and will enjoy watching this DVD for years to come.

Laura Lambert
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! Very Happy Where in the world did you find it on DVD, eBay?? Hmmmm...
lauralambert
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:04 pm    Post subject: DC Story Reply with quote

I found it for sale on a website called DVDBrazil.com but I'm not sure if there are any more for sale you could look there but I am sure there were only four dvd's available so you might be in luck or not but since I only ordered the DVD just over a week ago you might be able to still purchase a DVD.

It is the best money I have spent and I am about half way through watching The David Cassidy Story for a third time I've just got up to the part where his father has already died and it is a year on from his father's death, I won't tell you too much about the film in case you are able to buy a copy of the film but if you can get a copy I think you'll find that it is a really good film considering it is covering thirty years of David's life.

I hope you can get a copy of the film on DVD - good luck!

Laura Lambert
KathySTL
Official Partridge-in-Training
Official Partridge-in-Training

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You said DVDBrazil.com

Is this a Region 1 DVD then?
CassidyDiva
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KathySTL wrote:
You said DVDBrazil.com

Is this a Region 1 DVD then?

WOW-WITH SHIPPING, ITS EXPENSIVE! Rolling Eyes
http://facffanclub.netfreehost.com/index.php?mforum=facffanclub
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lauralambert
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:17 pm    Post subject: The David Cassidy Story Reply with quote

It was a bit expensive, with shipping a total of fifty-three pounds fifteen pence to ship it from Brazil. As to it being one zone I have no idea it might be but I was just pleased that I had found a copy of The David Cassidy Story, and like I said I have really enjoyed watching the film and, the Actor who played David Cassidy in the film Andrew Kavovit, not only did a good job of portraying David Cassidy but he is a good singer as well but he sang "I Woke Up In Love This Morning" with David Cassidy at the end of the film.

Laura
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to the site to check it out which, of course, just brought up more questions (like, is this a "real" release a la the VHS version that NBC sold for awhile on their website, or is it some no-name-brand bootleg? Can't tell!). Shocked It appears to be a "Region 0" coded disc, which means it *should* (but not necessarily will!) play on any DVD player --but also is a "red flag" to me that it is more than likely not an authorized release. They have a disclaimer on there somewhere about what constitutes what they consider returnable based upon what the disc is coded as so.....based upon these observations, I would respectfully suggest "buyer beware"! Very Happy
Greely Winger
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I can remember, NBC only released it on VHS.
All DVD copies would be unofficial.
And yes I found a DVD copy on ebay a few years back.
Now it seams they're everywhere.

Darryl
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that pretty much answers my question! Confused
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, just because NBC didn't release it on DVD at the time, doesn't mean that this one is "unofficial". It could mean that another compnay had the international rights to the film and has released it.
lauralambert
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:12 am    Post subject: The David Cassidy Story Reply with quote

I totally agree with you Scott, it might have been that like you said other companies might have had the rights, to the David Cassidy Story which means that it is not unofficial. I mean if I hadn't bought from where I had I might have found a copy in Belguim or somewhere else.
Greely Winger
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't there be a copyright somewhere on the package? Confused
If it looks like a DVD-R then it's hard to believe they would hold the copywright. Or I could be wrong.

Darryl
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But whose saying it looks like a DVD-R? I have a few DVDs here that are Region "0" -- such as DC's last concert -- and they aren't bootleg. I guess I'd have to see a scan of the packaging. Usually that's a dead giveaway.
Greely Winger
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't most DVD-Rs have color on the bottom of the disc?
I would think this is a dead giveaway.
You can't say region 0 is automatically a bootleg.
I have been seeing more region 0 DVDs in the stores.
casscantmakeit
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Kids...

Geezz I need to look at this place more often, I would have talked about this yesterday.

I have a copy of the DVD of this and it is indeed official. Scot was on target as it is an "International" release, and is coded "O" and thus playable everywhere. There are bonus materials listed, but all that entails are Bios of the actors involved.

Hope everyone has a great week!
Eric Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: