[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Has anyone ever seen David Cassidy Live?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Cast!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
35yearPFFan!
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject: Has anyone ever seen David Cassidy Live? Reply with quote

Razz Has anyone here ever seen David live? Back when I was in 8th grade, David was scheduled to come to the Carolina Coliseum here in my hometown Columbia, SC. It was on Good Friday and we were leaving the day before the concert to visit our cousins in Melbourne, FL on Spring Break. I was crushed that I couldn't go and begged my parents to let me stay with a friend who was going! My father said "there will be another time and I promise you can go then." We left Columbia in the wee hours of the morning heading to FL and I heard on the radio that he had cancelled the concert!! I was very happy to say the least but sad for my friend who really had her heart set on going.

He has never before or since appeared anywhere near Columbia or South Carolina since that fateful day, Good Friday back in 1973!! I really wish he would try and come close to SC for a concert. I would be willing to drive to NC,GA, FL, VA, WVA, KY or TN to see him!!

I saw him on Ryan Seacrest's show last year and there was a middle aged woman like me and she was claiming to be his "oldest fan" and I
thought Hey, I am probably his oldest fan!! She got to sit next to him, hug him and kiss me after he sang "I Think I Love You" I was so jealous!!

Oh well, maybe one day huh?

Post your answers or e-mail me.

Thanks,

Pat Lewis
Prairie Dog
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:46 pm    Post subject: From NC Reply with quote

Hi. I live in NC and he has been here twice in recent years. He was in Cherokee in the Western part of the state in, I think, 2001. And he was in Fayetteville (Eastern part) in 2003. The first concert was great, but the second was not. He didn't play very long and his heart didn't seem to be in it. It may have had to do with the venue. It was like a theater/ auditorium and there were a lot of senior citizens.
35yearPFFan!
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: From NC Reply with quote

Prairie Dog wrote:
Hi. I live in NC and he has been here twice in recent years. He was in Cherokee in the Western part of the state in, I think, 2001. And he was in Fayetteville (Eastern part) in 2003. The first concert was great, but the second was not. He didn't play very long and his heart didn't seem to be in it. It may have had to do with the venue. It was like a theater/ auditorium and there were a lot of senior citizens.

WOW!! Those are both near me!! Cherokee is a couple of hours away and Fayetteville is about the same!! I have been watching his Web Site for a couple of years now and wish I had seen those concerts listed as I sure would have gone!! Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy the 2nd concert. He might have been tired from being on the road for so long, that is what happened to him back in the 70's and early 80's. He just got burned out!

If you see or hear of him coming your way again, please let me know and I will make every effort to come!

Thanks,

Pat
Prairie Dog
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will do, Pat! Glad to know another big fan is so close by!!
LisaF63
Reuben's Client
Reuben's Client

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edit

Last edited by LisaF63 on Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
CassidyDiva
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LisaF63 wrote:
When I was 9 years old in 1973 - David came to the Wildwood Boardwalk just outside of Atlantic City, NJ. The two girls next door, their Mom, my Mom, and I went. Long story short (because everyone here has heard it!), we were expecting "Keith Partridge" crooning sweet love songs, and instead got a screaming rock god. We were only 9, and we were utterly horrified! Laughing We did keep watching the PF after that, but we lost all interest in DC!

I saw him 2x live in the 70's-June of 71 in Columbus & Labor Day of 72 at the Ohio State Fair.
http://facffanclub.netfreehost.com/index.php?mforum=facffanclub
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Skizzy Fleameyer
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 1:01 am    Post subject: David Cassidy In Concert Reply with quote

I got to see David Cassidy for the first time at Madison Square Garden when I was 12 years old in 1972. I also saw him again in June of that same year at the Nassau Coliseum and The Garden State Arts Center in Homdel NJ(as it was called then, I believe it has a new name now).
I saw him a few years ago at The Greek Theatre in Los Angeles.
The thing that cracks me up is that, back then I saw his shows in the afternoon, like around 1pm or 3pm. Nowadays it's 9pm. But while I'm on this subject, the MSG show was projected on big screens by Joshua White TV. I would love to know if that show was recorded onto video, if so, does it still exist? Anybody know? Eh?
Greely Winger
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheryl,
What part of Ohio did you live?

Darryl
Logan Mays II
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:08 am    Post subject: GREAT POST PAT Reply with quote

HI LOGAN MAYS II HERE THIS IS A GREAT POST PAT AND HAVE ENJOYED EVERYBODY'S REPLIES SO FAR JUST THOUGHT I WOULD SHARE MY SECRETARY ALISON AND MYSELF'S OWN WONDERFUL NIGHT'S EXPERIENCE AT THE GREAT MANS SHOW BACK IN 2002. ALISON FIRST POSTED HER REVIEW ON THE DAVID CASSIDY DOWNUNDER SITE DAVID HAD NOT PERFORMED IN MELBOURNE FOR 28 YEARS THE LAST TIME BACK IN 1974 HE WAS AT THE MCG A FOOTBALL STADIUM HERE IN MELBOURNE THE CROWD WAS 65,000

I arrived at Vodafone stadium at 7.30 pm. I was very excited to finally getting to see David Cassidy live in concert. There didn't seem to be much excitement amongst the other fans. But that was to come in an hour and a half's time. I went to check out the merchandise, I was a little disappointed because there were only three items for sale which were his latest CD 'Then and Now' which I already have. They also had a T Shirt and program for sale. I decided to buy the program which was fantastic with lots of colour photos from David's private collection. I really think they should have had more CDs available such as the brilliant 'Old Trick New Dog' which I have, but a lot of fans wouldn't.

The concert started with the opening act 'Teal'. They had great voices and entertained the audience for about half an hour and sang classic songs from the 60's, 70's, and 80's songs and one of their own that they wrote, it sounded as good as any of the latest girl singers.

Then finally it was 9 o'clock and the fans were getting anxious and screaming for David. The band came out and the lights went low and before I knew hundreds of people ran to the stage. Then there was a loud bang and before I knew it David Cassidy was standing centre stage singing 'I Can Feel Your Heart Beat'. He looked incredibly sexy. The crowd went wild, he thanked Melbourne for being so polite and then he grabbed his guitar and went into 'Do You Believe In Magic' and after that the hits just kept on coming, Summer Days, I Think I Love You, Cherish, Could It Be Forever, No Bridge I Wouldn't Cross and one of my all time favourites Rock Me Baby. In between songs David took time out to chat with the fans, he held up their scrapbooks, posters and photos. He seemed to be having a great time and thanked us for waiting 28 years for him, he was very sincere about it too, but of course there is a wicked side to him., I think he gets it from his father Jack.

Women threw their black G Strings onto the stage and women threw her black sexy lacy bra. David bent down and picked it up with one finger and asked whose bra is this, the women confessed and he asked
CassidyDiva
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greely Winger wrote:
Cheryl,
What part of Ohio did you live?

Darryl

NW Columbus (grandview/Upper Arlington area)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
35yearPFFan!
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:43 am    Post subject: Has anyone seen David Cassidy Live? Reply with quote

Very Happy WOW Alison!! What a GREAT REVIEW!!! I wish I could have been at that concert!! I know you will never forget it!! The songs David sang are some of my all time favorites-Rock Me Baby, Could it Be Forever, Ricky's Tune (written for his German Shepard that passed away) and of course
the PF songs. Your site is also great!! I am saving it to my favorites!!

Thinking back to the missed and later cancelled concert I missed when I was 8 years old, I too would have been expecting Keith Patridge! Great post Prairie Dog!! But now that I am so much older now, I would love
to see the concert you saw Alison!! I wonder if he still does that type of concert!! Not only would I have thrown him a thong and bra, I probably would have tried my darnest to get on stage with him myself and threw myself at him!! Just kidding!! I would have tried to get as close to him
possible though!

Thanks for all the great posts everyone!!

Pat

P.S. Has anyone ever heard him sing "How Can I Be Sure?" It's from his Rock Me Baby album-I love, love that song and wondered if anyone has ever heard him sing it live??
stevechapman
Laurie's Classmate
Laurie's Classmate

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:45 am    Post subject: Saw The Fayettevile show Reply with quote

I was at The Fayetteville Show in 2003. I rather enjoyed myself. I thought David did a great job. I do wish he would've played longer. I have no performances to compare it to though , because after all these years it was my First time to See David Live.He didn't do a meet and greet, But David's personal assistant did arrange to get me an autographed photo. which i have hanging in my office. I would love to see him again if he comes close by. Smile
Prairie Dog
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Fayetteville was okay. The whole ambience just didn't seem to be as energized as the previous show that I had seen. Did you get the feeling that there were a lot of folks that were there just because they had season tix, and were not necessarily huge David fans?
stevechapman
Laurie's Classmate
Laurie's Classmate

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:05 pm    Post subject: Saw David In Fayetteville Reply with quote

I noticed that there were Season Ticket Holders There. I live near Fayetteville and have been to other shows at that venue. His was offreed as part of The Community Concert Series and usually the lineup is so eclectic you get culture shock just looking at the line-up.
This last year the line up included Tim Conway & Harvey Korman, Legends in Concert(Buddy Holly-Roy Orbison-elvis tribute) a Elvis Tribute Show-with an Elvis impersonator), Ronnie Milsap, and some concert Pianist I've never heard of.
The year David was here was one of the best line-ups in a long Time.
I was just thrilled to finally see David Live Period.
CassidyDiva
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Has anyone seen David Cassidy Live? Reply with quote

35yearPFFan! wrote:
Very Happy
Thanks for all the great posts everyone!!

Pat

P.S. Has anyone ever heard him sing "How Can I Be Sure?" It's from his Rock Me Baby album-I love, love that song and wondered if anyone has ever heard him sing it live??

Oh yes-HCIBS is a favorite! He gets the audience waving their arms in the air & singing along & puts his whole body into it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Cast! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: