[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

David Cassidy Battling Dementia (Title changed)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Partridge Family News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
summerdays71
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if David's onset of dementia could at least be partially caused by his drinking problem. It's been said that abuse of alcohol can slowly poison the mind. There's that spoken track on David's first album for RCA in 1975 where he's discovered passed out drunk on a park bench. So the alcohol history goes back over 40 years. It's sad and difficult to see him decline this way, booze can do cumulative damage to the body over the course of time. It's probably best if David retires from doing any more live shows. He doesn't have the energy anymore, he moves around slow on the stage and his speech is slurred, his singing voice is shot also. He's had a long career, now it's time for him to relax, enjoy life and take care of himself. I like some of the Partridge Family music, also like the albums David made for RCA after the Partridge Family ended, and also like David's work in the Man Undercover TV show although it was not popular and only 10 episodes were produced.
karmachameleon
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dementia affects different people different ways. But there is always some loss of memory involved. I'm sure David believes what he is saying about his past whether it is true or not. And that's the real tragedy in all of this. Given his history and his record in coming clean about all of it, I don't believe he'd have any reason to not be honest with the public, now. Perhaps he is unable to due to the condition itself.

There might also be other mitigating factors and/or conditions only his physician would know about.

As far as "Massacre at Park Bench", it was a joke acting intro to the tune "Bitter End". Hopefully it was not prophetic.

He needs our prayers right now, not gossip and speculation, and worst of all, disbelief and derision. He has very little of a career left to protect by lying.

Could dementia be caused by drinking and cocaine use? Absolutely. But what caused it is irrelevant and undoable at this point.
KathySTL
Official Partridge-in-Training
Official Partridge-in-Training

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just watched the Dr. Phil interview ( was busy, but have it on my DVR).

He looked kinda small and sad. I guess while the whole PF thing back in the day wore on him. I got the impression that when Dr. Phil asked him if he would do it all again, he was looking at it from the perspective that not everyone gets the opportunity to he had and is looking at it through a somewhat nostalgic window.

Besides, the music from then has been is bread and butter the past 20 years or so.

I was a little surprised when he kinda dismissed his half brothers. I thought it was a big deal to him when they all worked together on the ABC Family show " Ruby and the Rockits" Admittedly it didn't last long, but it was a family thing for him.

I saw a clip on Facebook from last night's show at BB King's and he seemed to do well at that, so I'm glad that he at least is going to look good for the end of performing. A Good memory at least.
kenbubblegumkid
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was there last night(about 10 feet away) and it was a great concert. He didn't forget anything that I can remember. He had a lot of energy and was very humble and emotional. He assured everyone that he's okay. It was great to see him in good form.

Ken
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Partridge Family News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: