[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

David Cassidy Battling Dementia (Title changed)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Partridge Family News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matthew C. Clark
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:28 am    Post subject: David Cassidy Battling Dementia (Title changed) Reply with quote

Just saw on the TMZ website that David was drunk & having troubled sluring the lyrics. Get help!!! Shocked
karmachameleon
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to be the bearer of horrific tidings, but David has Parkinson's and suffers from Tardive dyskinesia as a side efect from the meds. It's why he's given up performing, it is apparently as virulent with him if not more than it is with Linda Rondstadt, and decades old prior cocaine use is probably the same underlying cause. If you look at the Piers Morgan interview just a few years ago he was perfectly normal and sober after his then latest DUI.

Unfortunately, the latest interviews clearly show Parkinson's deterioration and TD. Please do not attribute his affect to drug or alcohol use, he is doing the best he can, is indeed sober, and needs your prayers and good wishes. I have no doubt he will come forward with this terrible news when he is ready. Unfortunately, while you can act and directors can shoot around you (Michael J. Fox), musicians and singers cannot fake singing and performing live. Cherish his Christmas CD which showed the effect it already has had on his voice as many have noticed; it might be his last.
Maui
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This news just came out 2 hrs ago that David sadly has dementia. His mom and grandfather suffered from this illness. I have not heard about David having Parkinson's!
http://people.com/celebrity/david-cassidy-dementia/?xid=socialflow_facebook_peoplemag
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this information is true, and DC is not yet ready to share his very personal struggle, is it appropriate that you shared it here?
panther2200
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're running a story about him this morning on "Today". Teaser mentions dementia. Having had personal experience with a family member with dementia, it's too bad there are so many nasty rumors and assumptions about other possible reasons for his recent problems.
karmachameleon
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is inappropriate is attributing his current health problems to drug and.or alcohol abuse. The man has been through enough and given enough. Disease, whether dementia or Parkinson's or cancer or anything else is nothing to stigmatize or blame the victim for and is nothing negative nor should be seen in any negative light whatsoever. As far as DC revealing in his own time, quite often the best doctors can take months to figure out diagnoses and prognosis.

As far as the "nasty" "rumors" snipe, no comment necessary.
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inappropriate? I am not sure I agree. Given his history, and what people saw, I think it was a natural assumption -- not a "nasty rumor." I seriously doubt there was any malice or glee coming from people. It was more of a "here we go again" feeling. Given what he's going through, I wish he WAS drinking. At least he could have stopped again. Now, his journey will be much more difficult and my heart goes out to him.

David has not announced anything regarding Parkinson's, and I still feel uncomfortable that it was shared here if indeed it is true. That's personal information that should have been kept quiet until which time David felt he wanted to announce it.

There were cameras from the Dr. Phil show at the concert so I'm guessing he'll be discussing it further at that time. Smile
NIGEL
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The BBC here in England have been reporting it all day as David 'Has Dementia'

sad news..
panther2200
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="karmachameleon"]What is inappropriate is attributing his current health problems to drug and.or alcohol abuse. The man has been through enough and given enough. Disease, whether dementia or Parkinson's or cancer or anything else is nothing to stigmatize or blame the victim for and is nothing negative nor should be seen in any negative light whatsoever. As far as DC revealing in his own time, quite often the best doctors can take months to figure out diagnoses and prognosis.

As far as the "nasty" "rumors" snipe, no comment necessary.[/quote"

"Nasty rumor" was not meant as a snipe. Assumptions do no one any good. But, whatever.
kate
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maui wrote:
This news just came out 2 hrs ago that David sadly has dementia. His mom and grandfather suffered from this illness. I have not heard about David having Parkinson's!
http://people.com/celebrity/david-cassidy-dementia/?xid=socialflow_facebook_peoplemag

Is there any way to change the title of this thread? I came here to see what others were sharing about DC's news, but it all seems to be housed in this red herring of a thread. (Poking fun at a celeb may or may not continue to suffer from alcohol issues just doesn't seem useful right now.)

I'm wondering how we go about sending our good wishes, as Danny has suggested here: http://people.com/tv/danny-bonaduce-david-cassidy-dementia-partridge-family

best,
kate
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to edit the title. Smile
KathySTL
Official Partridge-in-Training
Official Partridge-in-Training

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just looked at his official website. and there is a posting that says he has an interview with Dr. Phil airing on March 1st and that an article titled " my Battle with Dementia"will be in the March 6th edition of "people" magazine.

Sounds like the story is now public and official now.

I have an aunt who says she has the onset of this and she is just about David's age and she thinks my sister and I may inherit it too. I hope she's wrong, but like so many medical things the Doctors are still just "practicing" Wink

we must hope for the best for David.
bencasey
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know people who were at the show in LA last month and I saw video posted as well. My girlfriend was at his NY show last year. Dementia or not, he was drunk during both. My mom died from that disease and she lived with me while she had it for over 15 years so I know firsthand how someone acts with dementia as opposed to being plastered. And by the way, forgetting song lyrics is the last thing that happens. When my mom was in the very late stages, song lyrics were about the only thing left that she could remember. She couldn't hold the slightest conversation but if I started singing a song she knew, she would join me and know every line. So even though he may be at the onset of the disease, its not the cause of his recent debacles.
Canadian Reg
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Dr. Phil yesterday, David kept saying he hasn't drank in the last 2-2.5 years.... at first Dr. Phil didn't seem to believe him - showing the infamous latest concert footage - but then gave him the benefit of a doubt. Strange interview. Then David goes on to say that the Partridge years were great, the best, etc.... but back then he wanted out of the show and didn't always agree with the choice of music. He wasn't comfortable with the attention he got - as a teenybopper idol - because of the show. Oh, how time makes you alter your memories. If the Partridge years were so great why not release the unreleased songs once and for all ? The revenues of those CD sales could help with his bills, since he won't be performing soon... All in all it is still heartbreaking for us who loved him and represented the best times of all our lives, our childhood!
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He also said he doesn't drink hard liquor and never has. He only drinks beer and wine. Wasn't there an open bottle of scotch in the car when he was pulled over for a DUI?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Partridge Family News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: