[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Trying Something New

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:58 am    Post subject: Trying Something New Reply with quote

Hey gang,

I'm testing out a new feature of the message board and want your feedback.

I've set up the board to play a different Season 1 soundbyte each time you visit the main page. The soundbyte should play on JUST the main page, not each and every post. There are 17 different soundbytes that should cycle randomly. Each is fairly short.

As a test, this feature has only been added to the GETHAPPY board template, so if you're using another template you won't hear the sounds. Switch over to the GETHAPPY template in your profile area if you want to check it out.

Let me know

a) if it works for you
b) if you like it, or...
c) it's really annoying and you want it to go away.

Thanks!
M Very Happy
Michael
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE:

Ok, the sound file have been removed. Those of you who were avoiding the GET HAPPY template because of them should now be free to come back. Smile

(keeping my fingers crossed that it was just the sound files that were causing problems with the template)...
Mark65
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a nice idea. I'll miss the files myself, but certainly understand you needed to correct the problem being caused for some. Thanks for at least trying it out.

Possible suggestion to offer for if you ever have a slow period and feel like tweeking (you are probably never not busy ... but should it come to pass). Perhaps if/when all is well with the template in question, you could reintroduce a "version 2" which would be the template with the sound files. For those of us that had no problems (and there might be alot, people don't tend to comment when somethings working, only when there's a problem), it would be an opportunity to enjoy your original idea and work.

Just my 2 cents, worth considerably less I'm sure Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: