[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Shirley Jones "This Is Your Life" and New CD!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Cast!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DEL
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this case, to use "I Think I Love You" the publisher would have had to approve and be paid for the song itself, and Sony/BMG would have had to approve and be paid because their recording of the song was used. In the case of the house band playing 'When We're Singin'" in the background, just the publisher had to approve and be paid.
BILLONEEG
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too remember "I Think I Love You" being sung in the beginning & so to me as well that it's omission sticks out like a sore thumb. I think there should be an arrangement set up so that "Pre-Existing" productions such as movies & television programs with "Pre-Licensed" material can be issued on later medium (like DVD) with a standardized & set amount paid to whoever gets paid. By doing this, all entertainment material can be rereleased uncut & much quicker.
CassidyDiva
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be like TV stars asking for TV residuals for classic shows that have been airing forever--a great idea, but impossible. Hindsight is always 20/20

BILLONEEG wrote:
I too remember "I Think I Love You" being sung in the beginning & so to me as well that it's omission sticks out like a sore thumb. I think there should be an arrangement set up so that "Pre-Existing" productions such as movies & television programs with "Pre-Licensed" material can be issued on later medium (like DVD) with a standardized & set amount paid to whoever gets paid. By doing this, all entertainment material can be rereleased uncut & much quicker.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BILLONEEG
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TV stars can have residuals built into their contracts. What I'm talking about is the short audio or video (like the "I Think I Love You" segment which is definitely not the entire song. It was part of the "This Is Your Life" show already so it should have stayed intact. The same goes for movies. If a song was previously cleared to be in the original movie release, that song should be cleared for future releases of that movie since it is now a part of it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Cast! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: