[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Shirley Jones "This Is Your Life" and New CD!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Cast!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:37 am    Post subject: Shirley Jones "This Is Your Life" and New CD! Reply with quote

Brant posted this on the email list and it was also on the old message board. Since it pertains to a new DVD release, and possible Shirley Jones CD release (which may include her PF tunes), I'm re-posting it here:
-------------------
Partridge Family 1 and 2 minute commercials will begin airing May 2nd, the day before the DVD and new CD collection are released in stores. It was decided to support retail with ads rather than an infomercial. These ads will promote both the DVD and CD, offering them as a set (based on cover
art, they definitely go together!)

On "This Is Your Life," it's a 3-DVD set featuring 18 full shows (about 24 minutes each without commercials.) So, you'll be able to see Shirley with *both* of her families again - which was rare! The DVD set comes with a
collector's booklet, with a page devoted to each person. Don't be surprised if you see Shirley out talking about this, along with Betty White and maybe Richard Carpenter. The infomercial for "This Is Your Life" is 1/2 hour and starts running the week of April 18th.

Lastly, there's also a Shirley Jones CD compilation in the works, which has obviously never been done. Still pending a few song clearances, this CD will span from her early movie songs - through her works with Jack, hopefully some duets with a few of the biggest crooners of all-time and of course, songs she sang on the Partridge Family. Some of these songs are cleared already, but can't let the cat out of the bag just yet. Hoping to release Shirley's CD in May - pending clearance
CassidyDiva
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:58 pm    Post subject: Info-mercials airing yet? Reply with quote

I checked the stations airing info-mercials today, & didnt see the THIS IS YOUR LIFE one yet-- has it been scheduled yet?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CassidyDiva
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 11:52 am    Post subject: This Is Your Life Reply with quote

Tower Records is taking advance orders for the set-- they say its's due out May 31. Thtis is the only company that is taking advance orders.
http://facffanclub.netfreehost.com/index.php?mforum=facffanclub
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
VintageFan

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: Shirley's This is Your Life DVD Reply with quote

I can remember watching this when it first ran back in 1971. This is a great episode and a wonderful tribute to Shirley Jones. It is so nice to see the way she reacts and interacts with the people from her life as they come on stage. Her family, friends, people in her career and lastly the Patridge kids. There is fun, humor, comedy, tears, and lots of laughter. It is great. Also on this 3DVD set is Bette Davis, Betty White and Lou Costello. If you are an Abbott a& Costello fans, this episode shows a whole other side to Lou Costello that few ever got to see.
Mr Zoob
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 9:55 pm    Post subject: track list? Reply with quote

Has anyone come across a track list yet for Shirley's upcoming cd release? I haven't checked around yet, but was just thinking about while reading the board.
John
Mr Zoob
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumping this back up in case anyone knows anything new? Seems like a long time since there's been any news about this release. I hope it's still coming.
Mister Partridge
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:37 pm    Post subject: This is Your Life Shirley Jones DVD Reply with quote

I got the new This is Your Life DVD set, which includes the Shirley Jones episode from April 1971. What's so neat is that it starts off with the entire cast of Partridge Family (season one cast) in costume shooting a promo for the series. This is Your Life host, Ralph Edwards, interupts and surprises Shirley with the Life show. Shirley looks great in the episode, which was shot on videotape revealing great definition of her beauty. Then-husband, Jack Cassidy, is in the episode, as are her three sons (Shaun at age 12, Patrick age 9, and Ryan age 5) and stepson, David Cassidy. They play "Come On Get Happy" as the boys enter the Life stage. Later, the Partridge Family cast is re-introduced.

Her mother appears in the episode, as does her aunt and uncle, and various people instrumental in her early stage and film career (including a filmed appearance from NYC by Richard Rodgers, who was too ill to travel to Los Angeles for the Life taping).

I highly recommend this DVD set.

Peace and Love,

Mister Partridge
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. P,

I couldn't agree more -- and as an added bonus, we get to see Shirley with her "rare" big hair!! I always get a kick out of that! :D

John, I can't recall hearing any updates on the cd but do hope it's going to come out! Speaking of coming out....are you going to be here for Shirley and Brian & Suzanne's next signing appearance at the Burbank Hilton in a couple weeks?? Sure hope you can make it! Cool
Mister Partridge
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:59 am    Post subject: Big hair Reply with quote

Yes, now that you mention it, she did have a rather bouffant hair-do in the Life episode. What was the deal with that? Did she have big hair during some Partridge Family episodes?

Peace and Love,

Mister Partridge
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a few -- the back 9 of the last season (Susan was also sporting her new, shorter hairdo, too). Not sure why she was wearing "extra" hair for the "Life" shoot, but it was only 1971 when that style was still prevalent. She probably just wanted a different look that day! :D

She looks great anyway, IMHO. Cool
Topanga
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually in the original run and also when in ran on cable years later, the Shirley Jones This Is Your Life started out with the group singing the end of "I Think I Love You" Apparently, this has been cut out on the dvd and it starts with Ralph Edwards coming up to Shirley. Another not entirely complete episode as it originally aired. This is getting to be a bad habit.
DEL
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I Think I Love" didn't get cleared for use on the DVD so it had to be cut.
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We couldn't get clearance for the DVD added value documentary either. We had to use the theme song in it's place when discussing ITILY. Crying or Very sad
NancyT501
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who makes these decisions and how many people are involved? Just curious. It seems like such a simple thing to us fans who want everything! Wink
Thanks!

Nancy Smile
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this case, I believe the license fee was too high to use the song.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Cast! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: