[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Some Songs Different On The Show

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Music!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IloveKeith
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:47 pm    Post subject: Some Songs Different On The Show Reply with quote

Hi all,

I apologize if this has been asked before. I was wondering why some of the PF songs on the show sound a bit different than on the albums. I know some of the song endings were changed in episodes so the audience didn't have to interrupt them with applause, since most of their songs end with a fade out. But some songs sound a lot different or sound like they used another song take or something.

For Example:

It's You, on the show, ends with "I'll never find another love like you, like yeeeoooouuuu" (haha David's 'You' pronunciation, I love it) instead of "I'll never find another love like you, it's yeeeooouuu"

Or, Am I Losing You for example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqt_-AnrXy0
(not the best quality) show version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ94Ir34enU
album version

It sounds like a completely different recording. Was he singing this live? Or were there 2 takes and they decided to use this version for the show? I'm just curious about the reason for this. I personally like this one better than the one on the album, but that's just me.
panther2200
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, this has been discussed before. There were "show" versions as well as album versions. Many of the show versions featured blunt endings (for applause, etc.), as well as different arrangements. For "Shirley" shots they would push her vocals up a bit. The performances were always lip synced. On the albums, Jackie Ward did most of the heavy lifting as far as the female vocals went. Check out the "People and Places" section for more info. Scott put a lot of work into it.
IloveKeith
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok great, thanks for the reply
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Music! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: