[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

About that Partridge TV movie....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Cast!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
partridgepal
Laurie's Classmate
Laurie's Classmate

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:32 pm    Post subject: About that Partridge TV movie.... Reply with quote

I know that TV bio/dramas always add stuff for dramatic effect but something always bothered me about "C'mon Get Happy:The Partridge Family Story" although I did enjoy the movie on the whole....just wondering what others thought...there was a scene where the producers said to pan off of "Laurie/Susan" because she looked like a zombie and didn't know the lyrics"...maybe I am biased because I had such a crush on Susan Dey in those days but looking back at the musical interludes, I thought Shirley, David and Susan all lip-synced very convincingly ( I remember as a child watching it and thinking they all really sang ....ok, ok, I was young then....I was crushed to find out they didn't) if anyone's lipsync was off, it was Danny, Suzanne and Brian/Jeremy....actually I think Brian improved with that and I thought his faking the drums was awesome compared to Jeremy....I think the second year the lip-syncing and all was the best....NOT putting down anyone from the show at all, I love them all, they are near and dear to my heart....but I really think the things they said about Susan's acting and lip-syncing was way off....what do other's think about this? Perhaps what has been said in that respect has something to do with her not wanting to own up to the show and why she refuses to be part of any reunions.... I dunno, but it makes me wonder....any thoughts?

Partridgepal

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
KathySTL
Official Partridge-in-Training
Official Partridge-in-Training

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, David's was always good since most of the time he was lip syncing to his own actual recording. He and Shirley were the two who actually did sing.

I thought Susan Dey did a fine job of appearing to sing. I don't think she was ever off unless was intentional for the script like when her braces were singing to her. Laughing

Danny was off a lot and I agree I didn't think Jeremy/Brian were supposed to sing and Suzanne was so much in the background it really was hard to tell, however, she did seem to have trouble showing rhythm with her Tambourine.
I thought Brian did a good job of appearing to be a real drummer though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Cast! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: