[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Forgotten concerts: DC at the Springfield Civic Center

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Cast!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kate
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:47 pm    Post subject: Forgotten concerts: DC at the Springfield Civic Center Reply with quote

Saw this on Mass Live:

http://www.masslive.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2014/10/forgotten_concerts_david_cassi.html

Quote:
Forgotten concerts: David Cassidy at the Springfield Civic Center on Sept. 23, 1972

Concert acts at the Springfield Civic Center during the 1970s included the likes of Elvis Presley, Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen and The Jacksons.

But the first pop-rock concert given at the $10.3 million arena after its grand opening celebration was by teen favorite David Cassidy on September 23, 1972.

Some 7,000 fans, mostly young girls, paid between $4.50 and $6.50 to see and hear the star of "The Partridge Family."

Decked out in a silver lame suit and boots, Cassidy crooned "I Woke Up in Love This Morning," "Cherish" and "I Think I Love You" from a stage set up in the middle of the arena.

At one point, security had to turn back a tide of young girls who rushed the stage after he had expressed his love for his fans.

Backstage, the 22-year-old Cassidy met (very) briefly with local media.

Sipping 7Up, he said he had no idea how long the ride would last and hoped that his appeal extended beyond pint-sized fans of "The Partridge Family."

The following night, Jerry Garcia and the Grateful Dead played the Civic Center.
Skizzy Fleameyer
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:26 pm    Post subject: This Photo Reply with quote

The photo included here is from the March 11th, 1972 Madison Square Garden concert. What it has to do with a concert in Springfield, is beyond me.
kate
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure they just didn't have any photos from the Springfield show, so they found one from a similar time period that they had the rights to use.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Cast! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: