[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Just Made My Own Versions.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Music!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skizzy Fleameyer
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:45 pm    Post subject: Just Made My Own Versions..... Reply with quote

Using the Partridge albums I have loaded up in my iTunes, I just made my own versions of "At Home With Their Greatest Hits" and "The World Of The Partridge Family".

Yeah, I know that there are compilations galore of this music.....but, me personally.....I needed to have these in the song order of these LPs.

I can recall how thrilling it was to have a "new" song on "At Home With Their Greatest Hits". Of course that was "Breaking Up Is Hard To Do", which did not appear on any other LP that followed. So back then, when I wanted to hear that song, I had to break out the "At Home With Their Greatest Hits" record.

Same with "The World Of The Partridge Family", a 2 record set. Back then having 4 sides of hits was out of this world. Had to play sides 1 and 3, then flip them over to play sides 2 and 4! Man, those were the days!

Another reason for making my own copy was that in spite of all the compilations on CD that are out, these LPs have songs that are not on any of the comp CDs now. And I have also found out that I get in a definite "Partridge" mood and this does not include Cassidy solo songs.

I think the Cassidy solo albums on Bell Records are the best that he has ever recorded (and the RCA albums) to this day.

But, when I am in a Partridge mood, then I am in a Partridge mood, and it has to be strictly Partridge!

Anyway....on my version of "At Home With Their Greatest Hits" I added the stereo version of "Breaking Up Is Hard To Do" from the "Playlist" CD as a "bonus track".

And on my version of "The World Of The Partridge Family" I added a song from "David Cassidy's Partridge Favorites", "It's Time I Knew You Better"
which to my knowledge does not appear on any other CD, and "My Christmas Card To You" from "A Partridge Family Christmas Card" as "bonus tracks".

So, I have not listened to them yet. I am curious as to how they will sound, since the songs were taken from various CDs that have been mastered differently.......
Skizzy Fleameyer
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:21 pm    Post subject: Listen To The Sound Reply with quote

So, I have just listened to the Partridge versions I made. They sound good. Was a little concerned about sound quality from using different sources. Turned out okay. I am pleased.
partridgepal
Laurie's Classmate
Laurie's Classmate

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did the same thing a while back...made my own version of "At Home", "World Of" and "DC's Greatest Hits"...Have the LPs, so I had to have them on iTunes too!

Partridgepal Very Happy
Skizzy Fleameyer
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:00 pm    Post subject: David Cassidy's Greatest Hits Reply with quote

Oh yeah, I made a copy of "David Cassidy's Greatest Hits" as well years ago too. Just to make my "digital" collection as complete as my LP collection. I was beyond thrilled when "Cassidy LIVE!" finally appeared on CD!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Music! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: