[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Not again...David arrested for DUI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Cast!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JAZZ4JEFF
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:17 pm    Post subject: Not again...David arrested for DUI Reply with quote

January 11, 2014:
LOS ANGELES, Calif. - Seventies heartthrob David Cassidy has been arrested in Southern California on suspicion of drunken driving.
The California Highway Patrol says the 63-year-old Cassidy was pulled over Friday night near Los Angeles International Airport after an officer spotted him making an illegal right turn against a red light.
He was arrested after the officer smelled alcohol in the rental car.
The Sheriff's Inmate Information Center says Cassidy was released Saturday morning on $15,000 bail and is scheduled to appear in court Feb. 5.
Cassidy appeared in TV's "The Partridge Family" from 1970 to '74 and was a recording star and teen idol.
A call from The Associated Press seeking comment from Cassidy's publicist was not immediately returned.
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this Number 3 or Number 4??
BLUEBIRD
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:16 pm    Post subject: DAVID Reply with quote

I didn't want to post this, saw it online. I really feel bad for this guy......after several arrests, when is he going to wake up? He must be so miserable.....anyone know him personally or know someone who knows him? He needs to know people are pulling for him, but come ON already!
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His last DUI, in New York, is considered a felony because he had one prior. I read they were trying to negotiate a sentence with the courts, with a January 31st date to appear. Now, this third time -- which was about twice over the legal limit -- will certainly give him jail time. Or mandatory rehab, or both. Very sad.
BLUEBIRD
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott, I'm in NY and I don't know the laws........ I shake my head each time I read the new report....I just don't understand this guy. His website says he is SOBER. (?????????) Article says police smelled alcohol in his car. He drinks IN the car? I truly hope he will never hurt anyone else, as he will be finished for sure. You're a smart guy, DC! C'mon get SOBER!
alphanguy
Bus Mechanic
Bus Mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!! I'm new here, the news of David's third DUI prompted me to come to this message board, and now that I've read all the train wrecks in the last few years, It's got me shaking my head. I love the Partridge Family show as a whole, and own the DVD's, and the albums, I enjoy David's music, but I wouldn't say I'm a huge fan of his, more of a fan of Wes Farrell's production work. I just got through reading Shirley's book, and it seems my opinion is that he is imploding just like his father did. It's a sad thing to witness, to tell you the truth... but I can honestly say, for a THIRD time, I hope he goes to prison this time, at least for a few months. He could have killed somebody. I feel for all of you that have went through him showing his behind in the last few years, it's hard when your'e fan of someone, and they deeply dissappoint you. Scott, don't be dismayed by the disagreements here, I've seen alot worse... I'm also a big Supremes fan, and during the whole "Return to Love" debacle in 2000, the Supremes fan base, already splintered went totally NUCLEAR, and it was not pretty. Just remember the old cliche, "this too, shall pass". I have a feeling that David probably acts ok when he's sober and in an OK place, but when drinking and unhappy, he becomes the complete dickhead. But try not to let it sour you on the Partridge family as a whole, we always have Shirley, and for me, at least.. an Academy Award winning actress trumps a teen idol every time. And heck, even Bonaduce has his gifts, for a kid so young at the time, he had quite the gift for comic timing. I know I come from a different veiwpoint not being a huge DC fan... you all may think I'm strange in that I was actually more attracted to Bruce Kimmel (That sweet smile and puppy dog eyes). I honestly wrote David off after years ago I heard talk about how much he hated the Partridge family's music. To me, I felt he was ridiculing my love for that music and seemed to me like he thought I was some kind of nerd or idiot for liking something like that. I was so saddened to hear about the Autograph debacle, I know alot of you were hurt by this, as would I have been (And I've never paid for an autograph in my life) I think part of the root of David's issues is that he's eaten up inside for being most well known for something he inherently hates. Martha Reeves (Martha and the Vandellas) is a friend of mine, and she told me that she refused to record any song she didn't like, because if it became a hit, she would be stuck singing something she hated for the rest of her life. And that's very true, when you make decisions in life, they have consequences. How you deal with adversity, or things you don't like shows your character. Some stars are very myopic, think fans only want ONE thing from them, when that isn't always true. I'm sure people at that autograph show would have been bringing his 70's and 80's solo albums as well as PF merchandise. some fans will surprise you. For instance, if I were to go up to a table with Cheryl Ladd, I wouldn't bring any Charlie's Angel's merchandise for her to sign, I'd have my Josie and the Pussycats LP in hand, but your fans are your fans, and it's best the star be proud of their accomplishments and be happy and grateful they were fortunate to have millions love their work and make millions of dollars doing it. I can guarantee every person wanting to pay for DC's autograph made FAR less money than he does, for that, I would be appreciative, because if life circumstances were different, the celebrity could just as easily be making blizzards at the dairy queen. So sorry for the long post, but there's my two cents, and I hope he gets some help, he certainly needs it.
Skizzy Fleameyer
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:14 pm    Post subject: The Higher They Climb, The Harder They Fall Reply with quote

I say time for tough love. Throw the book at him. Toss his butt in jail and make him think about the harm and hurt he could have caused someone else. Not to negate the hurt and confusion for the reason DC must have been going through to put him in that type of a position for him to be drinking in the 1st place.

From what I could tell, and of course I was not there, so I really have no idea. But it seems he was pulled over near LAX, my guess it that he was on his way to the airport to go home to FLA.....and almost made it.

Here's my thing.....even if he did not want to foot the bill for a town car, could have called a taxi to take him to the airport. ESPECIALLY with 2 DUI's on the books. As they say "3 strikes....you're out!"
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't sound good for this third arrest. According to TMZ David Cassidy was formally charged today for his Los Angeles DUI, and is facing a mandatory 96 hours in jail, and possibly up to a year.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/02/04/david-cassidy-dui-drunk-driving-charge/
JAZZ4JEFF
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:32 pm    Post subject: Court rehab for David Reply with quote

from TMZ:
David Cassidy's ass just got spanked by the legal system after his most recent DUI arrest -- the judge ordered him to enroll in a 90-day live-in rehab facility for alcohol abuse.

TMZ broke the story ... Cassidy was busted for DUI in L.A. back in January -- his third DUI arrest since 2010. Cassidy pled no contest to the DUI charge Monday.

In addition to rehab, Cassidy was also sentenced to 60 months probation. He must also complete a 9-month alcohol program.

We were previously told Cassidy had enrolled in rehab last month. It's unclear if the judge will give him credit for his previous stint.

Cassidy had originally faced up to a year in jail -- so he should consider this a victory

Read more: http://www.tmz.com#ixzz2wvid1600
JAZZ4JEFF
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 12:18 pm    Post subject: DC sentence in NY for DUI Reply with quote

Seventies heartthrob David Cassidy has been fined $900 and ordered to perform 50 hours of community service in an upstate New York drunken-driving case.

The 65-year-old former star of The Partridge Family pleaded guilty last September to a misdemeanor charge of driving while intoxicated. He was sentenced in absentia on Tuesday.

A Schodack town justice says Cassidy's sentence also includes a six-month license suspension, installation of an ignition interlock device to prevent him from starting a car drunk and a waiver of his right to appeal.

Cassidy lives in Florida. He was charged in August 2013 while on his annual summer visit to the Saratoga Race Course, 40 miles north of Schodack.

A defense attorney said last year Cassidy entered alcohol rehabilitation after a Los Angeles DWI.
JAZZ4JEFF
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:00 pm    Post subject: Oh no. Again??????? Reply with quote

I hope David gets help. He is obviously in trouble. From the daily mail:

David Cassidy was busted again ... this time for allegedly causing a car accident in Florida, and fleeing the the scene.
According to police docs, Cassidy was driving on a highway last month when he side-swiped a big rig truck. A witness told police, Cassidy initially stopped -- but only to try to hide his license plate -- and then drove away.
However, cops say they found Cassidy and his beat-up Kia at a hospital later that afternoon. When police questioned him, he claimed he had exchanged info with the truck driver and that he was at the hospital for an unrelated appointment.
David was charged with leaving the scene of an accident, expired tags, improper lane change and driving on a suspended license.
We reached out to a rep for David ... so far, no word back.
This story was first reported by Daily Mail.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz3nRFfAlHc
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Cast! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: