[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Make-up guy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rugger57
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Make-up guy Reply with quote

I thought I'd get a jump on the New Year and make a post. I have made several in the past that have never showed up to the board and that had left a bad taste in my mouth, but now I feel this board could use some livening up, so maybe this subject will bring a few of you out of your shells (no pun intended).

I was just curious about the guy who did the make-up for the characters in the show. I seem to remember an article in Tiger Beats Official P F Magazine about applying the makeup for the show, and the guys name was, I want to say, Ben Lane. I have seen his name all over classic movies in the past few years, even a classic John Wayne movie this past weekend. Seems he had been around for quite awhile before he did the PF. Also recently I saw the same guys name with a Jr. listed on the end. Does anyone know if his son had followed his father into the business?

Hoping to hear from someone out there who might know something they can share.

P.S. Just wanted to chime in with most the others about the loss of your partner, Scott. My thoughts are with you, especially at this time of the year.
Skizzy
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His name was Mel Berns Jr.. If I remember correctly, I think he died last year.Sad He had quite a extensive career in television and film as a makeup artist. Google or go to IMDb to view a list of his work.
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:29 am    Post subject: Re: Make-up guy Reply with quote

Rugger57 wrote:
I thought I'd get a jump on the New Year and make a post. I have made several in the past that have never showed up to the board and that had left a bad taste in my mouth,

Not sure what this is supposed to imply?
BLUEBIRD
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Make-up guy Reply with quote

Scott wrote:
Rugger57 wrote:
I thought I'd get a jump on the New Year and make a post. I have made several in the past that have never showed up to the board and that had left a bad taste in my mouth,

Not sure what this is supposed to imply?

I was wondering the same thing!
Think
Rugger57
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, so sorry for any confusion with that comment. I was reading the board, and someone had made a comment about the board being so quiet lately and that perhaps in the New Year we could liven things up a bit. Hope this will clarify things a bit.

As long as I am here, I just want to say I hope all had a good holiday vacation with loved ones and family.

Happy New Year to all.
Rugger57
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, Mel Burns is not the gentlemans name, and it seems there was more questions generated about what I meant by my comments than there were answers to the question I originally posed. I was figuring there would have been someone who visits that would have given some information on the subject at hand rather than question what I meant by a comment I'd posed within the question. There was a grumble about the board being so quiet, and I was just trying to generate some conversation. That's all. On with the show.......
charlescrossin
Bus Mechanic
Bus Mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here are the makeup artists on the show:

Series Makeup Department
Ben Lane ... makeup supervisor (74 episodes, 1970-1973)
Josephine McCarthy ... hair styles (22 episodes, 1973-1974)
Mel Berns Jr. ... makeup artist (13 episodes, 1973-1974)
Fred Williams ... makeup artist (9 episodes, 1974)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: