[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

just in case anyone was intrested...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sheriffswell

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laurie,
YOU MISSED PAUL????!?!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAUUGHHH!!!!!

I feel your pain!! Those dang trains! Must have been the midnight special eh?

They should have had additional train service given the event. Too bad you missed him - but hey you saw quite a show!!!!!!!!

Smiles,
Ed
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheriff,
I thought of you when my new TV Guide (with Clay Aiken on the cover) came: in their "Cheers & Jeers" section -- which I don't always agree with but there's usually a chuckle or two in it -- they have a "Jeer" about how MTV/VH1 botched the coverage of this most historic event, especially by cutting away to their vjays for idle (or is it idol?? Wink) chatter right in the middle of a song!! Confused

Hopefully...the DVDs will make up for it and they'll get it right on those! Eeesh. Shocked
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheriff,
I thought of you when my new TV Guide (with Clay Aiken on the cover) came: in their "Cheers & Jeers" section -- which I don't always agree with but there's usually a chuckle or two in it -- they have a "Jeer" about how MTV/VH1 botched the coverage of this most historic event, especially by cutting away to their vjays for idle (or is it idol?? Wink) chatter right in the middle of a song!! Confused

Hopefully...the DVDs will make up for it and they'll get it right on those! Eeesh. :shock:

BTW: what'd Madge sing anyways?? I used to enjoy her some but lately....oh, nevermind! Cool
laurie partridge
Reuben's Client
Reuben's Client

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, I still cant beleve i missed Macca!

Heres something that makes it worse:

i know almost everybody says this, but During the Sgt. Pepper opening. I was the only person up the front who knew the lyrics all the way through, as i was singing them i swear paul looked and nodded at me when he sung "I want you all to sing along". I didn't think much of it, so i just nodded back to him. After we left i spoke to someone who watched the live coverage saying that Mc Cartney spoke in an interview afterwards "I am really happy that the younger generation apprecciate my music, it makes it all worthwhile"

And from the same source she told me that during the finale Macca kept looking at the left hand side of the stage (where i was standing! Coincidence? I think not!)

This was a reliable source as she didn't know i was even going until afterwards!

And that just added icing on the cake! Was Macca looking for me? Who knows? Shocked

P.S Madonna sang Like a prayer first, then ray of light. I can't remember what else she did, maybe vogue i think Razz
dannyph

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:34 am    Post subject: Donny Reply with quote

My Sis and I used to refer to him as Doggy Osmond and sing a very sick version of "Puppy Love".Ahhh,gone are the days.Had to really search like mad to find a copy of "One Bad Apple" recently in order to add it to DPX's extended bar gig set list (all bubble-gum).Remember those American Flag bellbottoms he once wore?-DP
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: