[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

David Cassidy's Daughter
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Cast!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lauralambert
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:36 pm    Post subject: David Cassidy's Daughter Reply with quote

I quite agree with what you said, but on the other hand it might very well be true, that Katie might in fact be David Cassidy's daughter. The only way they will be able find out, is if both David and Katie have a blood test and then that will prove if she is or isn't his daughter.

I was looking at DC bio on his website today, and there is no mention of a daughter so maybe Katie is not his daughter, but like somebody else said it might have been a one night stand, with a fan and he just forgot about it. It doesn't seem to harmed his career in any way and I doubt it will in the future unless DC wants it to.

Laura
Lina Partridge
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These days illegitimate children don't cause the scandal they did in the past, as they are far more common now - or rather, their disclosure is far more common.

And let's face it - it's not like David, or indeed most rock stars or actors, then or now - keep their gun in their holster when there's so many willing groupies around! Rolling Eyes

I'm pretty certain Katie is David's daughter, though. They look so much alike, and David has acknowledged her, albeit grudgingly. He just doesn't publicize her.
laurie partridge
Reuben's Client
Reuben's Client

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lina Partridge wrote:

And let's face it - it's not like David, or indeed most rock stars or actors, then or now - keep their gun in their holster when there's so many willing groupies around! Rolling Eyes

Sounds like ALL men to me!!! LOL Laughing Laughing Laughing
Amy from Boston
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She is his daughter. It's no secret. He acknowledges it.
Janis

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject: Katie Reply with quote

She is his daughter, he has owned up to it. And I do feel sorry for her. Her mother used her family tree to jumpstart the kid into a business that chewed her up and spit her out.

It is so not right. I feel bad for the whole family in light of that.

She should have listened to her father. And waited and got her own style, her own song and her own manager. I can see why David is put off by the whole thing. It is his daughter and as any good parent only wanted the best for her. He has his own career, his own thing and was not intimidated by her at all. He loved her and wanted what was best. Shame the mother didn't have the same unselfish love for her daughter.

[/quote]
PJ
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
She is his daughter, he has owned up to it. And I do feel sorry for her. Her mother used her family tree to jumpstart the kid into a business that chewed her up and spit her out.

The ITILY fiasco was so low-profile that I don't think Katie was particularly damaged by it from a career standpoint. I don't think the entertainment business chewed her up and spit her out over ITILY--I think the business completely ignored the whole thing, which is lucky for Katie. The long-term fallout of that ill-advised project seems to be fractured relationships between family members. Such a shame.

Katie seems to have given up her desire to be a pop star in favor of pursing an acting career. Sounds like she has a few smart parts in several movies that are filming this summer. I wish her well.
lauralambert
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: David Cassidy's Daughter Reply with quote

Good luck to Katie, I hope she does well in her chosen career and, lets hope that David gives her some useful tips with her acting career, but it sounds as though Katie will manage on her own. I agree with what the person said about Katie looking like David, she is the spitting image of David so, there is no doubt that she is in fact David Cassidy's daughter, and lets hope that sometime in future David and Katie do some kind of project together be it a film but, if what I have read on this subject he has acknowledged that Katie is his daughter begrudgingly then, maybe he and Katie will never do anything together which is a shame, because if Barry and Dick Van Dyke can work together then David and Katie and perhaps do a movie together and just put their differences aside for a weeks, after all she is not pursuing a singing career just an acting career, but this is just my opinion on this subject. I didn't get on with my father but I won't go into that, because nobody wants to hear about my father.

Laura
regncygirl
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been on Katie's myspace. And i felt a bit sorry for her, this Jesse Mc Cartney fellow makes a lot of girls hate her. If i was David naturally i would feel protective over her. [quote]

I think it's normal for girls to hate the girlfriend of a guy that they find appealing. I have been that girl as a matter of fact. I found the experience to be flattering and fun. Not threating in anyway. That's how strong of a person I was at the time and still am. I can handle the same experience if handed to me again. The trick is to know that you and your mate have a mind of their own, you know? Wink Razz [/color]

Last edited by regncygirl on Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Amy from Boston
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I googled to see what films Katie is in. She has a few fansites. According to one of them, she has no myspace. Apparently that's not her, so be careful of any "info" given there! Katie has a few sort of "right to video" sounding films, but there is one called "Click" with Adam Sandler. That would be the film to keep an eye on.
CuriousCat
Bus Mechanic
Bus Mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:29 am    Post subject: David's Daughter Reply with quote

Been a while since I've visited here and I was just going to look and not post but after reading the attacks on Katie's mom - I felt I should post something. David was married to his 2nd wife and not too long after the divorce Katie was born. (Just do the math.) David denied she was his but a paternity suit was filed and he lost - so a blood test was done - and this did make some of the tabloids at the time.

David and Katies mom were old friends from High School. They met up again during the PF days for a bit but his schedule was very hectic. Then they met up later in the mid-80's and then Katie was born.

Not too much longer and David also got together with Sue. So you can see how David probably didn't want Katie mentioned - probably a bit embarrassed by the whole situation Embarassed But even if she was not "planned" - she is still his daughter and it's not HER fault.

Having said that - in David's defense, I also felt it was a HUGE mistake for Katie to try to be a "teen idol" - especially after seeing how her dad had struggled for SOOOO many years trying to shed the image and be taken seriously. On top of that - to cover ITILY - then to say "I'm not trying to be known for being David Cassidy's daughter" Rolling Eyes Laughing Too funny! But then even after that I felt David still should not have publicly shunned her. It's also interesting that David did not approve of Katie performing but he's apparently had Beau sing on stage in the UK recently. Oh well! My family has it's issues too - don't MOST of us?! Wink

I saw a clip of her in a recent interview and Katie admitted now that she probably was too young a few years ago to go into the biz. She can see now it was probably a mistake - so that's good anyway. She also said she speak to him - hope it's true. At any rate, I wish them all the best.
lauralambert
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:50 am    Post subject: David's Daughter Reply with quote

I was reading, the inside cover of DC's "Then and Now" cd and he actually mentions Katie - to be more acturate it says Sue, Beau and Katie. So does this mean that he is finally acknowleging her in print on one of his album covers, or is this another Katie which he is referring to.

It must be his daughter, I mean how many other people does he know by Katie. I might be wrong of course but then again, I'm wrong about most things lately.

Laura
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think people should be careful when they say David didn't want his daughter acknowledged -- as if she's some kind of dirty secret. That is simply not the case and certain people should know better. It was a family decision to keep Katie out of the public eye when she was a child. She even used her step-father's last name. It wasn't until she decided to try show business that she used the last name of Cassidy. Nobody here knows the ins and outs of this family's dynamic, so anything and everything is pure speculation.
PJ
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Not too much longer and David also got together with Sue. So you can see how David probably didn't want Katie mentioned - probably a bit embarrassed by the whole situation But even if she was not "planned" - she is still his daughter and it's not HER fault.

Sherry herself has said many times that it was her choice that DC not mention that Katie was his daughter, since she didn't want Katie to grow up under that shadow.

As to why DC contested paternity...the circumstances at the time presented some questions. Anyone in DC's shoes would want the fact of paternity established. Few men in those circumstances would have just said "OK" and and agreed to pay child support for the next 20 years.

I'm not jumping to DC's defense here -- I think he has handled numerous aspects of the situation badly. And Sherry's not perfect either--she shares responsibility for many of the decisions that were made over the years.

Isn't Sherry several years younger than DC? I don't see how they could have been high school friends, given the difference in their ages. I always understood that they met on the set of the PF while Sherry was an extra or trying out for a part or something. She was in high school at the time, I believe. But who knows. The stories from both camps seem rather fluid.
CuriousCat
Bus Mechanic
Bus Mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not exactly sure of Sherry's age. I just remember I had run into her in the women's bathroom some years ago at the "Retro Ball" (DC fundraiser for kids charities) and she showed me some adorable photos of Katie. I asked her how she met David and that's what I remembered her telling me. But you know, it's been a few years and my memories isn't the best so I could be a little off. Maybe what you said is true of her being an extra on the PF set and a bit younger. That makes sense then as it's pretty consistant with what she told me.

Oh yeah, Sherry has also said she didn't want everyone to know about Katie when she was young so she could have a "normal" childhood. I'm not sure when David first started having contact with her. I remember another DC fan who was allowed backstage once told me that during a break in EFX, she saw David down the hall with a little girl. Sue was there and she asked who the child was and Sue told her "Oh, that's David's daughter." That was one of the first times I'd heard of her other than the tabloids when she was born.

Sherry did have Katie do some modeling around the age of 12 or so and then she went along with the whole "teen idol" thing. But you know, some talent agent discovered Katie and she begged her mom - what would you do if you were in her shoes? If you said "No" then would you be passing up your kids only chance of making it big? Would you always wonder "what if"? There's pros and cons to every decision and it couldn't have been easy. I understand Sherry said "No" before finally saying "Yes."

Of course once the agent found out she was DC's daughter they wanted her to cover ITILY. It's such an obvious marketing ploy - who wouldn't think of it? But some other young singer also did it at the same time and had the bigger hit. In a way, I think it was a blessing as other wise she just would have been labeled and following in her dad's footsteps. Katie even acknowledges that now.

So it's all pretty complicated. Once again, it's a very talented family and I hope they all work things out and are able to be successful.
lauralambert
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:47 pm    Post subject: David's Daughter Reply with quote

Having just read some of the messages, I agree with some of the messages, but like Scott said in his message, that some of writeups about DC's daughter could be speculation, which means basically there might be a grain of truth in what has been said or not said about DC's daughter. From what I read Katie's mother might have been an extra on the PF series and DC may have met up with her years later. Katie may have been born just after he divorced his second wife, but like Scott said it might all just be speculation.

Like I said before in one of my other messages, I just hope that David can find it in his heart to at least, be friends with his daughter after she must be over twenty years old now, so it's not as though he would have to pay her mother child support anymore. Anyway whatever happens good luck to Katie and her family.

Laura
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Cast! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: