[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

David Cassidy's Daughter
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Cast!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmj369
Keith's Date
Keith's Date

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:24 pm    Post subject: David Cassidy's Daughter Reply with quote

How come we never hear of David's daughter Katie when he gives interviews or in any of his bios?

Last edited by jmj369 on Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since family relationships are typically private, I don't think anyone here would have an answer regarding the content of David's interviews. Smile
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooh, oooh, pick me, pick me!!! I'll answer that one!!! Shocked Dancing Laughing
laurie partridge
Reuben's Client
Reuben's Client

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 2:55 am    Post subject: Katie Reply with quote

There were whispers going round that he wasn't happy with Katie getting into showbusiness at such an early age. But as Jennifer said, all families are diffrent. Maybe he wants to give her the independence, and not to be known simply as "David Cassidy's Daughter"

She is actually a very good actress in her own right, i haven't seen much of her appearences. But i think she is definatly a rising star.
Lina Partridge
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the VH1 special on teen idols they did that featured her some months ago. On it they showed her and her mother making comments that David wasn't happy about her taking this route, at least not this early in her life.

Can't say I blame his attitude, based on his own experiences - and the fact there are a gazillion young teen girls trying to break into the business with the same basic sound and style.
dreamboatkaren
Keith's Date
Keith's Date

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...especially since his parents made him wait untill he was 18 to break into the business. He should know, he went through a lot at a young age.
laurie partridge
Reuben's Client
Reuben's Client

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been on Katie's myspace. And i felt a bit sorry for her, this Jesse Mc Cartney fellow makes a lot of girls hate her. If i was David naturally i would feel protective over her.

By the way, does anybody know who Jesse Mc Cartney is? Razz and is he any relation to Macca? (typical Laurie there! Rolling Eyes )
LisaF63
Reuben's Client
Reuben's Client

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit

Last edited by LisaF63 on Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was on a WB soapy-series called "Summerland" with Lori Laughlin. It did well in it's first summer season, but didn't do too well this past season and has been cancelled. I think he has a CD released too. Or am I confusing him with another talent-challenged teen singer/actor?? I get them all mixed up. They're so interchangable.
Amy from Boston
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is not related to Paul. That's the one, Scott. According to some article I read, Katie had been on tour with him this summer. I get DC google alerts, and ironically, that's who this kid gets compared to a lot.
Janis

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:00 am    Post subject: Katie Reply with quote

How come I have been a fan for 30 years and I never knew about that girl. Can't deny it though, looks just like him. What is the sccop, was the mom a fan that tricked him, what happened?
lauralambert
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:01 am    Post subject: David Cassidy's Daughter Reply with quote

I have just read the comment, about the fact DC does not mention his daughter in any of his interviews, in fact she is not even mentioned in the film about his life.

Was it 1974 that DC did his final tour, I am sure that when I watched the Rock and Roll Years, ( a tv series which was shown here) that DC did his farewell tour in 1975. I am sure, that someone will correct me on this matter so can some tell me please.

Laura
Amy from Boston
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From all I have read- Some articles say it was an on and off long term relationship, and others say it was "one of those nights." It was her Mom's desire DC did not talk about her. At least that's what the mother said. When Katie was 9, he connected with her for the first time. She did not use his last name until she recorded ITILY. DC objected to her going
into show business, and leaving school. A rift happened when he refused to support this endeavor.
Janis

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:16 am    Post subject: oh Reply with quote

Sounds like a fine upstanding woman that I would want my former crush to have to be around. NOT.

Sounds like a user and an opportunist to me. Just my opinion no offense to the woman, but really. No wonder he is so careful about who he brings into his confidence. Bless his heart.

I only have one thing to say about Katie. Then I will shut my own mouth. Find another career path little one. And once you are over 18 the child support stops, doesn't it?

Again, Katie's mom sound like such an ethical, upstanding, wonderful example of a leech, doesn't she?

Signed,

One bad apple tries to spoil the whole bunch, don't it.
Lina Partridge
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On that VH1 special I kinda got the impression that they don't really have that much contact with David anyway.

The way they described the mother's relationship with David was it was a "brief relationship", which can be interpreted as an actual relationship that wasn't long term - or as a "one night stand". The way David doesn't talk about it leads me to think it was the latter.

I also feel sorry for Katie, it's not her fault. Her mother and agent are obviously the ones who are pushing the DC connection, which does make sense for promotional purposes. But then, what does that do to any relationship that Katie and David may have in the future?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Cast! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: