[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Episode #38: Don't Bring Your Guns To Town, Santa

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Season Two
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:30 am    Post subject: Episode #38: Don't Bring Your Guns To Town, Santa Reply with quote

Don't Bring Your Guns To Town, Santa
Written by Bernard Slade • Directed by Richard Kinon • Produced by Larry Rosen
Original Air Date: December 17, 1971

When the Partridge Family's bus breaks down in a ghost town, an old prospector named Charlie entertains the Partridges with a story about the town from days gone by.
Guest Cast: Dean Jagger, Britt Leach

Songs:
"Winter Wonderland," music and lyrics by Felix Bernard and Dick Smith (on A Partridge Family Christmas Card)
"Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas," music and lyrics by Hugh Martin and Ralph Blane (on A Partridge Family Christmas Card)

Tube Trivia:
• Dean Jagger won an Academy Award as Best Supporting Actor for "Twelve O'Clock High" (1950). Among his numerous motion pictures are "Betrayed" (1940), "Rawhide" (1951) "White Christmas" (1954), and "Elmer Gantry" with Shirley Jones (1960).
• When polled, the cast voted this episode as their all-time favorite.
• While sometimes credited to Susan Silver, this episode was actually penned by series creator Bernard Slade.
• This episode was repeated at Christmas time the following season (1972).
• This episode was filmed in the Partridge Family's back yard -- literally! The Old West town was a stone's throw from the facade used as their home in San Pueblo. Sadly, it is now a parking lot for the WB Network.
• TV Guide featured "The Partridge Family" on it's cover for the second time, the week after this episode aired. (A repeat of "Dora, Dora, Dora" aired on December 24th.) To read their cover story on funny man Dave Madden, click here!

Last edited by Scott on Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is, by far, one of my favorite episodes. Let's hear what you all think!
Skizzy
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This episode is one of my all time favorites too. I try to watch it every Christmas Eve.
Greely Winger
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my favorite Reuben lines in the entire series...

Reuben- (as mean Sidney) “Enough of this drop at a time stuff, heat up the cow!”

Darryl
Rugger57
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be quite honest, I was never all that fond of this episode. It was always just "OK" by me. I guess I was just so wrapped up in the here and now that I couldn't appreciate the C/W theme. My parents were into Hee Haw, Buck Owens and Johnny Cash, and I DESPISED anything "country hick". But, as I look back I can tell you that I really liked David's costume.....lol.
CindyW
Bus Mechanic
Bus Mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:48 am    Post subject: don't Bring Your Guns to Town, Santa Reply with quote

This episode is by far my favorite of the series. The interaction between Danny and Rueben was comic genius - gotta love that bell. Of course, Keith could lick my lolly later or whenever he wanted, but enough of that! When they initially leave the old man all alone, it used to make me tear up, well, still does - just a bit. I think this is one of the best sitcom Christmas episodes ever, but admit to just a wee bit of prejudice.
CindyW
Bus Mechanic
Bus Mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: Episode #38: Don't Bring Your Guns To Town, Santa Reply with quote

• TV Guide featured "The Partridge Family" on it's cover for the second time, the week after this episode aired. (A repeat of "Dora, Dora, Dora" aired on December 24th.) To read their cover story on funny man Dave Madden, click here![/quote]

Was there a link to the story? I would love to read it.

Cindy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Season Two All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: