[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

David Cassidy - Man Undercover

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Cast!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DANSHAY
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:23 pm    Post subject: David Cassidy - Man Undercover Reply with quote

I recently purchased the first season of Police Story on DVD. As you all know, David had an Emmy nominated performance in the 5th season of that show and it spawned the awful yet campy DC Man Undercover.

I noticed something fun. The second episode (Dangerous Games) was reworked as an episode of David Cassidy-Man Undercover titled Nightwork.

The major difference is that the Police Story episode doesn't have the scene where James Farrentino says "Do you think I like playing a pimp?" which was just plain funny in the DCMU episode.

I didn't check writing credits and everything although I'm sure they are the same (and someone new who wrote the DCMU script to tailor it a bit for that show). I know they both were produced by David Gerber Productions so I wonder if any of the other DCMU shows are from recycled Police Story scripts. I'll keep watching and let you know.

If you have Netflix or can rent (or buy if you are interested) the first season of Police Story, give it a shot. It's pretty fun to see and aside from this observation, is a really good show.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Cast! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: