[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

David vs Sony
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Partridge Family News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
60sGal
Bus Mechanic
Bus Mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Cassidy Denied Jury Trial Over 'Partridge Family' Claims Reply with quote

I just ran across this article that was written last month and I don't see that it's been posted, so I thought I would do that. Hope this is the right place for it, I looked for a thread where this was already being discussed.

David Cassidy Denied Jury Trial Over 'Partridge Family' Claims
The Hollywood Reporter Wed, Jul 25, 2012 7:15 AM EDT

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/david-cassidy-denied-jury-trial-over-partridge-family-101617510.html
kate
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: still suing after all these years Reply with quote

I don't know why this news story came up again 2 years later. Isn't this the same story?

http://www.noise11.com/news/david-cassidy-sues-for-partridge-family-sales-20120614

kate
Greely Winger
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:06 am    Post subject: Re: still suing after all these years Reply with quote

kate wrote:
I don't know why this news story came up again 2 years later. Isn't this the same story?

http://www.noise11.com/news/david-cassidy-sues-for-partridge-family-sales-20120614

kate

That article is from June 2012.

Darryl
Skizzy Fleameyer
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:31 pm    Post subject: I Concur Reply with quote

I must agree with Scott's original post for this thread. Sony should pay every penny that is due. It would be the proper and fair thing to do and stop causing this man to find solace in a bottle of booze.
Skizzy Fleameyer
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:27 pm    Post subject: Question? Reply with quote

Here is a question. With this apparent ongoing battle, why is it said that DC is the hold up on unreleased music? Does he have a controlling percentage over this music? Seems to me (not that I know anything at all) that Sony would still hold the reins for such items. So I am guessing that this lawsuit is most like quite compassing (encompassing?). Am I off base here?
bencasey
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cassidy has a say in anything getting released. Even if its a song like What a Day, which he had nothing to do with and didn't sing on. I know a label which has been trying to put out a Bell label box set and won't do it without PF songs, which Cassidy won't sign off on. Just a total jerk.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Partridge Family News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: