[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Episode # 90: "Queen For A Minute"

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Season Four
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 11:17 am    Post subject: Episode # 90: "Queen For A Minute" Reply with quote

Queen For A Minute
Written by Lloyd Turner & Gordon Mitchell Directed by Ernest Losso Produced by Mel Swope
Original Air Date: February 2, 1974

When Laurie's girlfriend tries out for the basketball team and is discriminated against because of her sex, the girls plot to use the homecoming queen contest as a means of revenge!
Guest Cast: Tracy Brooks Swope, Ken Swofford, Chris Beaumont, Ty Henderson, Melissa O'Mahony, Stuart Getz, Christopher Man, Derrell Maury

Song:
"Money, Money," music and lyrics by Wes Farrell, Danny Janssen, and Bobby Hart (on The Partridge Family Bulletin Board)

Last edited by Scott on Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
KathySTL
Official Partridge-in-Training
Official Partridge-in-Training

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keith doesn't look too happy when his friend becomes homecoming queen, but Jerry looks like he's having fun.

I thought back in the day that coed public schools had both a Men's team and a women's team. ( I didn't attend a coed school, so I can't say for sure), so why didn't the coach suggest Frankie be on that team.
I know that this was a hot button topic back in the day so, I realize that even if there was a women's team the story would have been well, why can't she play with the boys.
Of course, I also thought that there was a homecoming King and Queen, also,

I guess my high school wasn't normal enough for me to get this episode beyond the women's lib message.

I like the song "money, money", it's a shame that the Bulletin Board album didn't generate much airplay, because it would have probably changed a few folks perceptions about the PF music even through today.
DeeDee
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also love "Money, Money" - DC's voice is soooo...yummy.

I had no clue what a Homecoming Queen was back then; I still don't. Speaking of stereotypes, anyone else notice that when the family and Frankie (minus Keith and Danny) left the house to go to the contest, Chris was the last one out and closed the door? Also, the choice of unisex names for Jerry and Frankie was key. Not sure if Jeri/Geri was used for girls back then but hearing the name today, we can't assume it's a boy. "Unisex" names have certainly been on the upswing in the last few decades as parents try to avoid gender stereotyping.
BLUEBIRD
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[b]I ran out and got Susan Dey's haircut after this episode! I loved this one.[/b]
DeeDee
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLUEBIRD wrote:
[b]I ran out and got Susan Dey's haircut after this episode! I loved this one.[/b]

Back then or now, when you watched it for the DVD club? Wink
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Season Four All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: