[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Rick Springfield busted for DUI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 3:13 pm    Post subject: Rick Springfield busted for DUI Reply with quote

What is this -- a bizarre club for former teen idols??? Click on the link for the mug shot. Does it look like he's had some bad eye work??

Rick Springfield Busted on DUI Charges

Forget "Jessie's Girl," Rick Springfield was probably wishing he had a good bail bondsman last night.

Fulfilling this week's quota of old stars achieving new infamy, E! News confirms that the soap star-turned-pop star was arrested on suspicion of misdemeanor DUI last night.

The '80s singer—who earlier in the day was threatening to flash the crowd at the L.A. Times' Festival of Books and who on Friday appeared in a live reveal for the Style network's How Do I Look?—was pulled over on the Pacific Coast Highway around 8 p.m. for an unknown traffic violation. Shortly into the stop, the officer smelled alcohol on the breath of the 61-year-old.

Field sobriety tests were conducted and failed, and Sheriff's Department spokesman Steve Whitmore told E! News that Springfield blew a 0.10 percent on the breathalyzer (a blood-alcohol content of 0.08 is California's legal limit). He was released after sobering up, around 2:10 a.m., on $5,000 bond.

—Reporting by Ashley Fultz

Read more: http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b239643_rick_springfield_busted_on_dui_charges.html#ixzz1LIezFMTG

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b239643_rick_springfield_busted_on_dui_charges.html?cmpid=rss-000000-rssfeed-365-topstories&utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=rss_topstories
DeeDee
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww, I'm sorry to learn this. (Thank goodness no one was hurt!) Not a RS fan beyond "that" hit song but read his memoir recently and was left with a good impression of his work ethic. He and DC have more than the teen idol brand in common: they both have been in the business for over 40 decades, have extremely loyal fans and unfortunately, both suffer from depression.
BLUEBIRD
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if it's a new former teen idol club, but people have troubles, and our heart throbs are no exception. Hope they don't post HIS dashboard vid on youtube! I thought that was terrible. Hey, if Bobby Sherman is next, then something is wrong with the earth's orbit!

Laughing Laughing
KathySTL
Official Partridge-in-Training
Official Partridge-in-Training

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Bobby Sherman is safe since he is retired from the "biz".

I just saw Rich on the new "Hawaii Five-0" the other night.

Wasn't on much longer than he was on Battlestar Galactica in 1979.
( he was the victim)

BTW, what do you all think of the new 5-0?
I think it's one of the better remakes/reboots. I'm enjoying all of the actors on the show and the scenery cant' be beat. They telling good stories too. First crime drama I've been interested in for quite a while.
PazJD
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to watch new Hawaii Five O when it was first on Friday nights before Blue Blood, but since they have moved Five -0 to Mondays at 10 I don't see it as I am a Castle fan and watch that. But I did watch Rick's episode and was hoping for him to be shown in flashback accounts of the pre-murder days with suspects' reports, but he wasn't. I kept switching back and forth between that and Castle after Rick's character got killed in first 3 minutes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: