[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Partridge Family Glee Show

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trooper6081
Bus Mechanic
Bus Mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:54 pm    Post subject: Partridge Family Glee Show Reply with quote

Hello Partridge people! I just had a wild idea. How about a Partridge Family Glee Show? I think it would be really cool! They could do it as a dream sequence and the cast would perform Partridge songs. Maybe David Cassidy, Shirley Jones, and the rest of the cast could play teachers. What do you think? Maybe some of you members out there can come up with different ideas how they can do this. [/b]
Canadian Reg
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea. Or Mr. Shue could teach the kids how ttimes have changed or even, how pop music has changed - through the PF music. And with all the romance happening or not happening in the last episode, they surely could use "I think I Love You" and "Breaking up is hard to do".

Or.... Laughing ... they could stop in Alberquerque on their way to regionals...

The possibilities are limitless...
DeeDee
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes!! Last year I watched the show regularly and suggested this pairing on my blog back in April. Since, my love for the show has waned but I'm glad to read that it's still popular and that others have thought of this pairing as well. According to this interview, DC would approve:
"I'd be thrilled," Cassidy says. "I love the show; everybody loves it. It's smart, and there's real talent there. I mean, witness what [Lea Michele] did at the Super Bowl the other day. That was flawless. I'd be honored and humbled to do something with them."
Anybody up for a FB campaign? Wink Hey, it got Betty White on Saturday Night Live. Apparently, that was thanks to half a million social networkers. Now, did Betty White's fan club membership ever exceed that of Elvis AND The Beatles? Laughing
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Betty White, at 89 years old is still relevant in 2011. Unfortunately, the PF and DC are not. You'd hear a collective "Whoooo????" among the millions of people that make up the demographic for "Glee." Laughing Laughing
Matthew C. Clark
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The song "I Can Feel Your Heartbeat" during the end of the "Glee" cast show!! Now that would be something!!
Partridgefan1970
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, I don't see that ever happening, it would be interesting to see a mash-up of ITILY and another song.
PazJD
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be great to happen, if the negotiations, royalties, etc could be worked out ok with everyone involved.
eyesoflove
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow - I didn't know we had so many Glee Fans here. I'm an addict myself. (Even going to one of the shows on their summer tour) I think it would be awesome to have a PF show. Why not? The age range is a very wide one.
Gilmore2BubbleGumSinger
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the hundreds of 70's references seen on that series, often to the point where it's almost unbelievable - example: 2011 GLEE kids talking FLEETWOOD MAC personal relationship back story during the RUMOR album recording? That RUMOR album was HUGE when I was in junior high. I think P.F. music would be just as obscure, but they could make it work.
JH
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, it can be made to work. Todays technology allows people to google and find out fairly quickly what the PF was all about.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: