[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

David Cassidy invitation to UK fans - April 2011
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Cast!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeeDee
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:52 am    Post subject: David Cassidy invitation to UK fans - April 2011 Reply with quote

Has anyone seen this invitation on DC's website? (warning: link opens to DC's site with automatic music so adjust speaker volume accordingly) Anyone have more details from promoter?
singmedavid
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it cost 300 pounds to attend. I'm so happy for those in the UK area, but some people don't have the money to go so they are pretty upset that it cost so much.

Barb commented on facebook that there will be dinner and a disco and it will be a 3 hour event for 300 fans. I wonder if fans will have a chance to dance with David. That would be very cool!

I just hope they plan it so that everyone has a good time and everyone feels they got their money's worth. It sounds like it is off to a good start with dinner and music being provided.

I'm wondering if Britfan heard anything from Tina Funk of Just David.
Britfan
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had no word from Tina Funk or anyone. I did see the article. I phoned to ask for info and as soon as the money was mentioned I thought oh here we go again. When things get tough for David he turns to his UK fans for a little TLC. For those willing to pay I'm sure they will enjoy themselves although with David's track record on meeting with fans I feel the whole things will be a lottery as to what they actually get from him and his camp are seeing the dollar signs.

It would take an artist that commands my admiration and respect (now) to get me to part with over
Amy from Boston
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one will have much time with David. 300 people? Who can spend any significant time with 300 people? It's interesting the UK has these companies that set up clebrity events like this. Does anyone do that here?
Britfan
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The promotor is something to do with Sky(the satellite channel) I think. Perhaps my post was a bit harsh, I do still have a certain respect for DC, I have just learned to question the motives of him and his camp.

When I first re-discovered David, it was only recently after his last visit to the UK. Then he met these ladies and they all seemed to enjoy themselves, however, they did not reach the capacity of fans (cost was also
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a bit skeptical too. I would really worry about spending that much money and having DC leave after a half-hour. He does that so many times -- at meet and greets, autograph shows, etc. Already I am smelling his bad flu coming on! :lol:

To put it into perspective, 300 UK pounds is about $450.00 US dollars. Can you imaguine spending all that money and having him bail as usual?? ACK!
Britfan
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi folks!

For those of you interested I just phoned the promotions line again as I couldn't remember all they said to me before.

Well the event takes place in London, so first cost is travel and accommodation, these are not included in the overall price. For me that would be at least
Britfan
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just remembered they're also presenting him with a birthday cake during the tribute as it's two days before his birthday.

Still even if they only sell 200 tickets a handsome profit should be made. I wonder if they will all be snapped up this time? The timing is not great with the UK in an economical slump, very austere measures in place and train fares set to rocket.
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone besides me feel the urge to hurl? Does anybody else besides me have sore eye sockets from rolling and rolling and rolling? Laughing
singmedavid
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all that investigating Britfan! Maybe the price is coming down already?

Yes, Amy, that's a really good point about the time. It reminds me of a big wedding reception, except people are paying to go. At least people will be fed and entertained too. I imagine a lot of the fans that will be going will know each other too. It could be a very enjoyable and memorable night. It is special to those UK fans that he will be there again after all these years.

Last edited by singmedavid on Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total
DeeDee
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so glad I asked. Rolling Eyes And, yeah, Scott, I'm getting a funny cramp around my temples. Guess my eye muscles needed a workout. Laughing
Thanks for the info, Britfan.
Britfan
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The woman on the phone was cagey about whether David would meet fans individually. I got the impression that will not be happening as such.

I am hoping if he comes all this way then he might put on a concert somewhere. Paying
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose I shouldn't be so cheeky. People should be able to enjoy the thought of going and meeting without my negativity. I'm way too jaded by him lately. I wish I weren't. People should definitely go, but without high expectations. Very Happy
DeeDee
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, if I had the money, I'd go in a heartbeat. London is my favorite city and it would be a chance to meet other fans. Though, as you say Scott, I'd keep my expectations of seeing him, never mind meeting him, low. Unfortunately, "money, money. I wish I had some." Sad Yeah, I'd spend it on him cuz he's really something. Wink

In any economy, I think those tickets are pricey. So, wish me luck with my lotto tickets - if I win a million bucks, a bunch of you could join me! Very Happy C'mon, I know you all want that cake. Razz
kiethlives
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really, why all the negativity? Last I checked David never claimed to be Mother Teressa traveling from town to town taking care of the love lorn Cassidy fans. He makes his living 'being David Cassidy'. So here he can make some money and make some fans happy at the same time. Here is my question, so if you have a 'one on one' with him what are you going to say? "How're the horses running dude?" It not like your gong to discuss Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment. I've met a number of celebs over the years in 'group' situations and all you can say is 'hi'. You remember the moment for the rest of your life, they forget it as soon as they blink.

It's an event for fans to meet with the man in the room. People pay that much to go to a club on New Years Eve and all they get is drunk. At least this way you might get drunk with David near by. (bad taste I know ).

It seems the most bitter are the initially most enamored. Like a marriage gone bad. And I feel for that. Who wants someone you 'love' to act like a first class jack ass. But hey. We know the man has stuff going on that he has trouble controlling.

As for the 'fear in his eyes', I've seen that up close too. And it just makes me think what it must take for him to go into a room of hungry fans wanting to grab at him. I'd be scared too. Yet, he overcomes the fear time and time again, more often than not, in fact, and goes on and does his 'show pony' act (his words).

So, hey, if you don't want to go. Don't. You won't be disappointed. For those who do go, most likely they will have a good time being with other fans, having a birthday party.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Cast! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: