[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

The Hotness of David Cassidy
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Cast!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mrs. Cassidy
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:16 pm    Post subject: The Hotness of David Cassidy Reply with quote

OK, so *ahem*....as you an tell from my username I have a total thing for David Cassidy. Embarassed
Maybe that's a bit of an understatement. Just because his face is my phone screensaver, 'I Think I love You' is my ringtone and I have a collage of him in my locker doesn't mean I'm obsessed with him exactly...
Anyway, I thought I'd start a page all about the hotness of David Cassidy. OK, admit it...I'm sure *some* of you must have (or had) crushes on him too right?
So what this page is for is discussing the extents of our crushes: how we used to clutter our walls with his posters, how he was the first album we ever bought, how entered every single Teen Beat contest to meet him, whatever. Your story.

ONLY ONE RULE: No bad-mouthing David on this page. I don't care what he's doing today or if he was on drugs or anything like that, or if he's a meanie now. This page is dedicated to his younger self and the man we've imagined David to be. (since none of us have actually met him)

OK, so let's here your love story!
Exclamation
singmedavid
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you also on FB and have a YT page? Just curious - you don't have to answer. Wink

This is fun, except I never went through the young girl crush of David. I'm a new fan and my crush is that of a middle aged woman. Wink

I collect his online pictures and videos. I'm on FB to have fun appreciating him and learn all I can about him. I'm in the process of watching all of his acting stints. I'm collecting anything ever studio recorded of his singing, and even some good quality non-studio recordings. His voice is like honey to my ears and the brush of velvet to my skin. I'm addicted to it, and conditioned to its sensuousness. His beauty when he was a young man is beyond belief. He was breathtaking. But I think he was at his sexiest in his early 40s. And, I'm on the hunt to find some, um, more revealing pictures!

Now that I've said all that, I'm quite embarrassed. Embarassed
Mrs Keith Partridge
Bus Mechanic
Bus Mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK so here's the deal. I'm 15. and i've loved David from the start. It's really funny whenever i gush over him because my friends are like, "he's old enough to be your grandfather!" But i don't care. As said before, his voice truly is like honey and melts my heart. So what if i have to buy MY issues of Tiger Beat from eBay? The man holds my heart forever <3 and i plan to keep it that way.

kiethlives
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not ashamed to admit, that I have I think I love you on my ringtone. I just got it. And I have the Gina Lolabrigida photo of young David as a Caravaggian Bachcus as my desk top photo. I keep thinking I should let him know (somehow) what Gina was up to with that photo. He said in his book he didn't know. Well I do! HA HA.

I 'fell' for him about 3 years ago and the luy doesn't let up. Weird but true.

Just because your 15, it doesn't mean you don't know the 'real' thing when you see it!! She said, wishing she had a Cassidy shag to filp. Very Happy
Mrs. Cassidy
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm a younger fan, actually, I'm in eighth grade. I think it's really sad that people know who Justin Biebeer is but not David aCassidy. Who wants to grow up with duumbells like Justin Beiber and Taylor Lautner as their idol?!!!
Anyway, one day in the middle of a really boring science calss, we were talking about radiation and that started to remind me of David Cassidy....actually EVERYTHING reminds me of David Cassidy but that's another story...anyway, I started to doodle my name and his name in a heart in my notebook and it just so happens that of course one of my worst enimies turns around and sees the notebook at that moment. So she goes, "Who's David Cassidy?" and I'm like, "you don't know him."
She goes, "I bet he's in high school."
So I'm like, "Noooo, he's NOT in highschool...."
So she says, "Is he in our school?"
I say, "No."
She didn't believe me of course and since then she's been on a search through the whole school to fid out who David Cassidg is.
I wonder when I should tell her he's a fifty eight year old man.... Laughing
Mrs. Cassidy
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TO KAREN: No, actually I don't have FB or YT....you must be thinking of someone ese?
Anyway, I just wanted to say that I LOVED what you said about David Cassidy's voice. It sounded like poetry and the best thing of all is that it's SO true.
DeeDee
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mrs. Cassidy, your post made me smile. The hotness of David Cassidy, indeed.

I re-discovered him almost two years ago. At first, his looks mesmerized me. For hours, I scoured the net for his pictures. Thankfully, he was cursed with pretty photogenic features, so pictures are abundant. After a couple of months ga-ga-ing over his looks via all those wonderful slide shows on YT, I realized I was addicted to his voice. I do not use the term lightly: I listen to his early 70s recordings every day. I never tire of his young voice. No other performer has ever had this effect on me. Heck, his hold on me was so strong that I had to share my thoughts about him and ended up writing a blog on him for a year. His voice elicits something visceral in me. I'm convinced the brain has pleasure points that can be accessed through certain auditory frequencies. Cassidy's voice has the exact frequency that lights up my brain like a Christmas tree.

The few serious features on him back in the day had the (not-so) underlying question of "what's so special about him?" Journalists mainly attributed his massive appeal to his "non-threatening, androgynous looks". (Non-threatening?! How blind were these people?) They never discussed his voice. Credible reviews of his singing back then are scarce. The bit I found dates to his mid-seventies solo efforts or in the last ten years, done in hindsight.

I don't get Justin Bieber's appeal but my parents didn't get David Cassidy's appeal either (or perhaps they did which is why they weren't crazy about my crush). I have this to say about Bieber: he's cute but does he have more than one facial expression? His face is plastered all over but I've yet to see much expression in it. I listened to his "Baby" just now and thought the same thing I did the first time: "Seriously? this made him a gazilionnaire?!! Teens today are in dire need of a time machine!!" I must add that it was a live version that garnered over 9 million hits on YT. The whole time he sang the song, I don't think one hair on his head moved. Interesting phenomenon, yessiree.

By the way, Mrs. Cassidy, your "husband" turned sixty this year. Smile Oh, and don't tell your friend who he is. Perhaps there is a middle-age-ish female teacher she could ask? Most teachers have access to student records, don't they? I mean, if she's that curious and persistent. Wink

(Now you see why I needed a blog - I can't shut up about him!)

ETA: Forgot to say: some of us on this board HAVE met him. Check out the "Brush with Velvet" section - a few exciting "I met him and my knees turned to jelly" anecdotes. Wink
singmedavid
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Mrs. Cassidy! I'm really enjoying all these posts!!!
kiethlives
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really makes me happy that young people are discovering 'our' David.
Dee Dee, you are spot on with the "non-threatening" bit. I got into DC because I was doing some research about teen idols and why the music of teen idols is so disrepected when it's not better or worse then other teen music. Anyway, one of the conclusions I reached was teen idols are dised because it is directed toward girls, and guess what? girls don't count. So it's automatically stupid. I could go on and on, I keep threatening to write a full paper about it. Another conclusion I came to was our society is very very uncomfortable with female sexuality, especially in young teenagers. So, in order to deal with it, it is commonly said that the sex object of girls-name your teen idol- is non threatening, not sexually based. When in fact, oh yes he is!! As David's bios clearly prove!
I will tell you the exact moment I knew David was HOT (this is about body objectification...sorry to admit...not about his incredible voice, which is soooo under rated and needs a blog of its own-agree Karen 100%) Anyway, I'd been watching some PF, to figure out what was it about 'this one' that made girls crazy. I saw a few episodes and thought, yeah cute no doubt. But then there was an episode (dont remember which one) where Keith trots down the stairs and leans against the partition between kitchen and living room and I thought 'oh, my god.' His total comfort with his body, his way of speaking, the vibe he exuded was totally sexual. Shall we talk about the jeans. The ones that reveal sooo much? The producers had to know, that's what I find so interesting, they knew what they were selling. Didn't any parents notice? Or where they just in denial? The girls watching weren't I'm sure!
DeeDee
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bingo, Kiethlives! You got it. Don't threaten to write that paper, write it!! I'll help you. Don't know if you ever stumbled on my blog but I expressed those thoughts in some of my early posts. When I started researching DC and his career, this is the stuff that was burning me up so I had to blog about it.

I propose a third element to explain the teen idol disrespect: if girls become hysterical (
Mrs. Cassidy
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiethlives gave me an idea with her story about how she first discovered The Hottness Of David Cassidy!! Let's play a game called "The Moment I Decided David Cassidy was hot was when..."
(Fill in the blank)

OK, I'll go first. The moment I decided David Cassidy was hot was a little while after I started watching the Partridge Family, like, two months ago. At first, of course, I was all, "Eww? Long hair?! Gross..."

Well that's just how I am. If I like somebody I deny it and if I know for a fact that somebody is considered attractive and that it's one of life's truths that girls go gaga over him, I will TOTALLY deny liking him at all.

Sure, he was cute, but why admit it?
I'm just too immature in that way.

Anyway, I REALLY starting noticing in this one episode "I Can Get It For You Retail." There was this one part where he's in a undershirt and he's putting on his shirt only to discover that the buttons are missing to his shirt because Chris and Danny stole them....well that's another story.

There was this really cool instrument thing in the background, just before the typical Partridge Family music which got my attention. Anyway, he leaned back and flipped his hair and gave this confident kind- of smile into the camera because he knew he was hot and they knew he was hot and I DEFINITELY knew he was hot...

Simple thing, I know, putting on a shirt, but I think what REALLY got me was the body movement, kinda like what Kiethlives said.

And that was when I finally had to admit it to myself that ME+ DAVID CASSIDY was meant to be...

YOUR TURN!
Mrs. Cassidy
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey DeeDee....thanks for telling me David turned sixty! If I had gone around thinking he was fifty eight forever and then found out he was sixty I would feel so stupid. :oops:

I mean, ME, the TOTAL expert on David Cassidy, and I didn't know that.
I guess it's because he still looks SO young. He hasn't changed that much since his HOT days, which in my opinion, will never end.

THE HOTTNESS OF DAVID CASSIDY LIVES ON!
singmedavid
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The moment I decided David Cassidy was hot was when I saw my first video of him 18 months ago after seeing the C'Mon Get Happy Movie for the first time almost a decade late. When that movie finished I was tripping over myself trying to get to the computer to figure out why he was the most wanted man on the planet back then. I think it was about 30 seconds into my first video that figured it out. I don't remember which song but the pictures were amazing, lots of pictures of him singing live. I think it was one of sumerkis' videos. So what got me hooked from the start was seeing those beautiful images.
singmedavid
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kiethlives wrote:
...I got into DC because I was doing some research about teen idols and why the music of teen idols is so disrepected ... I keep threatening to write a full paper about it.

DeeDee wrote:
... Don't threaten to write that paper, write it!! I'll help you.

I'd be very interested to read such a paper, you two!!!

Last edited by singmedavid on Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Mrs Keith Partridge
Bus Mechanic
Bus Mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hm...well...the moment i decided David Cassidy was hot was during the "God Bless You Girl" performance. This was before owning the DVDs, so i was just watching PF videos on YouTube, and watching parts of episode out of order.

Anyways, after he walks offstage for awhile to sing, and he's walking back up the stairs to the stage....and then....BAM! hairflip! It is such a simple thing, yet soooooooo sexy! That was the moment that i knew i was interested. Then i watched The Last Kiss video and was HOOKED.

My mom's upset i stole her idol....hehe Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Cast! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: